Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=0098d718c59828e814af4318a89c1d74Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

WIP: Clone Wars Padme; Malevolence Outfit
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bekahsoka (Bekah Platzer)
Base Membership Officer

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay so please ignore how tired I am in these pictures, I worked like crazy yesterday to finish the boots and holster. I am so so happy with how this is all looking and all I have left are the gauntlets, which I think I finally figured out, and some detail painting on the boots so the pieces don't all mesh together.

To better show the holster and boots, also to show why I need to paint some shadows. I guess I matched the colors a little too well! Lol

I also noticed while watching some episodes that her holster lays just beneath her belt, not on it, so I've attached the holster with snaps. I made it so I can easily take it off for events that don't allow blasters and not have a weird piece showing.

Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you are almost there. Smile Looks very comfortable, too. Nice.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
Ritin Kornas ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great !
And also looks like those leg pads would not be practical for combat ^^ but that's animation :p
bekahsoka (Bekah Platzer)
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lora Skywalker wrote:
Looks like you are almost there. Smile Looks very comfortable, too. Nice.

So close it's killing me! XD And yes its crazy comfy, when it's not 70-80 degrees out that is haha
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ritin Kornas wrote:
Looks great !
And also looks like those leg pads would not be practical for combat ^^ but that's animation :p

Thanks!! Yea they are super weird and I've learned to accept hatred for animation, but they're fun to poke so I can't complain! Lol
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And she is finally finished and submitted!!

I am so so happy with this and so beyond thrilled with how everything turned out! The gauntlets were definitely the hardest part, but I'm surprised they turned out alright, even though I already plan on remaking them to fix a few things in the future. Heres a short rundown on how I did them Very Happy

I started with making a duct tape mold from my arm, and drawing the pattern I wanted there. That way when I cut it off the pattern would be the correct size and fit.

I ended up using vinyl for the base, and made two separate pieces for each arm as shown below. I then sewed the two together, and then up the side to connect it all together. In doing this I was able to get the shape I wanted, with it still being tight fitting and easy to remove and put on.

I then took backer rod from Home Depot cut in half for the thicker detailing going down the arm, which was an amazing idea thanks to my boyfriend! Then I took craft foam, and used that for the rectangular part that goes around the arm. This part took a while because I tried to get it to be one whole piece, which didn't work and there are a few seams in this piece. But all in all this worked great! Once I covered the whole thing in plasti dip, I painted them brown and gave the details a little more of a red-orange color to simulate stretched leather. Heres the difference that made:

And here they are completely finished, showing the little details a bit more!

Hope to hear back about this costume soon, I can't wait to wear it again and be approved!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: