Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=7ab1a8d3e411e7b7f0b4c88873bdd411Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Cloud City Gown WIP
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daughter of Alderaan (Joy Lochelt)
Alderaan Base XO
Alderaan Base XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just measured mine ***Disclaimer I do not have access to the actual measurements, this is just what worked for my body size**** and the three circles at the bottom (aka the widest part of the pattern) is 16 inches, I did a 1 inch gap between which looked correct to me based on reference photos on padawans guide. This means that there is roughly 74 inches + a .5 allowance on each edge (75 inches total) of fabric in my cape as I cut/sewed the edge at the far point of the 1st and 5th set of embroidery...... I hope that all makes sense, math is hard Amadalia

Rebel Legion Costume Judge: Royalty/Senatorial, Alliance Officers (06/2017-present)
Executive Officer, Alderaan Base (2017-2018)
Membership Officer, Alderaan Base (05/2016-10/2017)

In Progress:Loyalist Senate Gown Padme, Mustafar Padme

Photos by Robbins Studios
Fuzzy_Jedi_Slippers ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
2017 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! I think I will order 5 yards of natural white crepe de chine for the cape. One more question for now. I'm going to start a mockup tunic and pants soon, but what I need to know is the tunic self-lined?
Alderaan Base XO
Alderaan Base XO

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is yes- I think that's the best way to go

Rebel Legion Costume Judge: Royalty/Senatorial, Alliance Officers (06/2017-present)

Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, you need to put that trim between two layers to get the right look. Smile

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader
Fuzzy_Jedi_Slippers ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It begins.......Also its a long post.....

OK research is officially over, and most of my supplies have arrived, it's build time!

Top left to bottom, test colors on blue hoop, acid dye for silk tunic and pants, red mock up fabric, rit dye more, kreninik #32 in copper, white Crepe de chine cape and mantle fabric, large embroidery hoop, white and red shoes to be dyed, embroidery floss and needles

So down to business. Please advise me on colors, as once i start embroidering it will be hard to change colors, and I don't want to invest all that time in embroidery, then find out I used the wrong colors and it's not to standard. Starting top to bottom, left to right on the embroidery design provided bellow, what colors do I need to use? Colors I wonder about are in ?UPPERCASE? with question marks around them. Also, standards state i need "dark burgundy", but where does it go?

Embroidery design pattern (thank you so much Joy!)

Top point....?DUSTY ROSE? and light yellow.

Top most X design...rust, butter/cream, ?BROWN?, butter /cream, and rust with light yellow outline.

Top three flowers.....Butter/cream with shadow stitching and ?RUST? circles.

Top two flowers.....?RUST? petals ?NO SHADOW STITCHING? with ?BROWN? circles

X pattern directly under top flowers....rust, butter/cream with shadow stitching, ?DUSTY ROSE with SHADOW STITCHING? butter/cream with shadow stitching, and rust, with light yellow outline

Lower most X design......?BROWN?, butter/cream with shadow stitching, ?BROWN?, butter/cream with shadow stitching, ?BROWN? with light yellow outlines

Three flowers at the bottom.....yellow outline petals, ?DUSTY ROSE? with ?SHADOW STITCHING? Small flowers in center light yellow outline petals, butter/cream with shadow stitching, ?BROWN? circles

Bottom two flowers.....yellow outline petals, butter/cream with shadow stitching, ?BROWN? circles. Small flowers in center light yellow outline petals, ?DUSTY ROSE? with shadow stitching, ?BROWN? circles, with light yellow curly outlines.

These are my finalized colors tell me if I'm off on any of them please

Last question, for now, is there a way to change my thread title from "research" to "WIP"
Alderaan Base XO
Alderaan Base XO

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry this is a little hard to follow and my brain is tired but my only comment that I can see is that instead of dusty rose on the bottom 5 flowers I would use burgundy or rust. I would also just clarify that the brown X patterns at the bottom do NOT appear to be shadow stitched from what I have seen, you didnt say you would but wanted to make sure.

I will defer to other judges re the burgundy as I wasn't part of the conversation when that color was added and am not sure what references supported it to help guide you with that color....

Fuzzy_Jedi_Slippers ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daughter of Alderaan wrote:
sorry this is a little hard to follow and my brain is tired but my only comment that I can see is that instead of dusty rose on the bottom 5 flowers I would use burgundy or rust. I would also just clarify that the brown X patterns at the bottom do NOT appear to be shadow stitched from what I have seen, you didnt say you would but wanted to make sure.

I will defer to other judges re the burgundy as I wasn't part of the conversation when that color was added and am not sure what references supported it to help guide you with that color....

Hmmm I kinda thought the lower flowers were pink and shadow stitched, but I'm a newbie to this costume. Are the circles rust, brown or burgundy?

This pic seems to show the lower petals, rust (or burgundy?) Xs pink Shadow stitched Xs cream shadow stitched Xs and Brown Xs the petals look more pink to me the rust is darker....this is just my thoughts
Fuzzy_Jedi_Slippers ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I went back and reread the standards update thread in the galactic senate and now I understand....it is more the rust in the lower petals. The burgundy is on the right and left Xs above the large flowers and the lower circles seem like burgundy as well
Alderaan Base XO
Alderaan Base XO

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuzzy_Jedi_Slippers wrote:
Ok I went back and reread the standards update thread in the galactic senate and now I understand....it is more the rust in the lower petals. The burgundy is on the right and left Xs above the large flowers and the lower circles seem like burgundy as well

Cool, great job on the research, this costume is a beast

Fuzzy_Jedi_Slippers ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuzzy_Jedi_Slippers wrote:

Cool, great job on the research, this costume is a beast

It will be worth it though!
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure it will be great after your careful research. Smile Just keep looking at the pictures as you go, then I'm sure it will go well.

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader
Alderaan Base XO
Alderaan Base XO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think using the photo references from padawans guide can be misleading, I checked them against the new Star Wars Costume book and those pics are much clearer on color and have much more neutral lighting (sent to Fuzzy_Jedi_Slippers, just wanted to say it here in case others are following this thread for their builds.)

Fuzzy_Jedi_Slippers ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think using the photo references from padawans guide can be misleading, I checked them against the new Star Wars Costume book and those pics are much clearer on color and have much more neutral lighting (sent to Fuzzy_Jedi_Slippers, just wanted to say it here in case others are following this thread for their builds.)

Thank you so much Joy! The color on the bottom flowers is more a rust red not dusty pink that I originally thought. The petals are still shadow stitched. I will post a pic when I'm finished with this center.
Fuzzy_Jedi_Slippers ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadow stitching!! This it lower left flower close up
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far, so good. Cool Looks like you are on the right track.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: