Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=4b9880380081424d2d8dd13af7e78003Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Leia's Blaster - A New Hope

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steel Kitten Rebel ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:49 pm    Post subject: Leia's Blaster - A New Hope Reply with quote

Hello! First of all, I'd like to say that I'm really excited to be a part of this group! I'm currently working on my first Star Wars costume, actually my first legitimate costume at all, so it's been an interesting and fun process so far.

I'm working on Senatorial Leia and I've bought the blaster from Rubie's costumes and it looks awesome. But I'm just wondering about specifics and if I have to buff off the seams along the handle, etc.?

Any feedback would be fantastic - thank you!!
Fuzzy_Jedi_Slippers ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
2017 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome!! Truthfully Im not sure about the blaster I just wanted to welcome you to the forums!! Smile
carlamariegiac (Carla)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome!! Smile

Do you have the E-11 or the DDC blaster?? I have the DDC Rubie's blaster, and I just gave it a good coating of semi-gloss black spray paint. The seams are not really noticeable once you paint it, but you could definitely buff them out if you'd like. I am recently approved with the same costume, so if you have any questions about the process I'll be happy to help. Good luck!
Devaron Base, RLGS Detachment
501st NER - ID-25217 IOC Detachment
Steel Kitten Rebel ()

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's wonderful! Thank you both for the welcome and thanks Carla for the suggestion. I have the DDC as well and have noticed that the seams aren't that prominent anyway so I think a good coating of paint will do fine, as you said. Also, I've seen photos of your costume and it looks great!
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to our forums. Leia Buns I look forward to seeing some pictures of your costume progress.

If you want to get it perfect, then give the seams a light sanding, then primer, then paint. That should give you a beautiful result. Smile

Good luck with all of it. It's a learning process.

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader
Steel Kitten Rebel ()

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Lora! It is a learning process for sure but it's definitely fun and I'll let you know if I have any more questions and I'll post pictures soon!
Daughter of Alderaan (Joy Lochelt)
Alderaan Base XO
Alderaan Base XO

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Looking forward to seeing your costume!!

Rebel Legion Costume Judge: Royalty/Senatorial, Alliance Officers (06/2017-present)
Executive Officer, Alderaan Base (2017-2018)
Membership Officer, Alderaan Base (05/2016-10/2017)

In Progress:Loyalist Senate Gown Padme, Mustafar Padme

Photos by Robbins Studios
LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!

I also have the Rubie's blaster. We sanded it really well to help the paint stick and then gave it 2 coats of matte spray paint. I've had it over a year and still no scratches to the paint etc. Good luck and if you have further questions, please ask.

In progress/planning: Briefing Room Leia, Blue Linen Navy Dress Padme, Endor Leia, Tatooine Poncho Padme & Flame Handmaiden Padme
"This is a Rebellion, isn't it? I rebel."
Steel Kitten Rebel ()

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks LeiaAurora- I did end up sanding it a bit and then bought a primer+paint in one and did a few coats and it looks pretty good!
Steel Kitten Rebel ()

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a new question: So I bought these boots - https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01H4HK3PS/ref=pe_3034960_236394800_TE_dp_1 - and they look great but the only thing is that they won't go over my calves (curses!!). I have heard that people have split the seam in the back and have put in a piece of elasticized material. And I'm just wondering if something like this would be approved?

Thank you!!
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A well done wedge can be approved, yes. Smile Just make sure it matches. I know several ladies have put in a wedge of matching vinyl to get the boots to fit.

http://headoftheclones.proboards59.com/index.cgi -if you like FF of the crazy kind. Wink Clone Leader
Steel Kitten Rebel ()

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect - thanks so much Lora!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: