Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=1e684d9d10a886a32a8e0d05aaa4fce1Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Standards Revision: Endor Briefing Room Leia
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ritin Kornas ()
Helvetica Base CO
Helvetica Base CO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lora Skywalker wrote:
Given the 'fuzzy' comments on the pouches, I'd also say the right side (suede side) of pig skin. Smile

I like where this update is going. Personally I'd be fine with both 'Battle of Endor' or just 'Endor' for a name.

What about "Endor (Briefing or Commando) Leia" ?
I'm afraid that with just "ENDOR" people don't think it's the one from the briefing too, as technically the briefing is not on Endor :s
And there are enough complains from people saying it's hard to find the standards to not ignore that!
Daughter of Alderaan (Joy Lochelt)
Alderaan Base XO
Alderaan Base XO

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all good with this?

Battle of Endor (Commando and Briefing Room) Leia Standards

Endor Briefing Room Version:
Shirt, Pants, Boots, Wrist Communicator, Vest, Rank Insignia, Belt, Belt Buckle, Front Pouch, Back 2-3 pouches, holster, with optional blaster and Hair style with optional leather "x" detail

Endor Commando Version:
Shirt, Pants, Poncho, Boots, Wrist Communicator, Belt, Belt Buckle, Front Pouch, Back 2-3 pouches, holster, with optional blaster, Hair style with optional leather "x" detail and optional helmet.

(Each version must be approved seperately)

Both Versions:

Shirt
1. Tan or beige short sleeved shirt, with the following elements included:
a. sleeves should reach almost to the elbow with a wide approximately 3 inch/7.6 cm cuff folded up
b. each sleeve features a vented pocket (roughly 4 inch by 5 inch/10 cm by 12.7 cm) and flap partially sewn to the outside of each sleeve. The pocket should lay over the cuff.
c. the collar on the shirt should be loose fitting, and have a pointed shape
d. the shirt should close right over left and lay open to the upper breastbone with no visible snaps, zippers or other closures.

2. Cool pale gray or pale blue twill pants, tailored with a natural waist height. A solid burnished yellow or gold non-shiny stripe about 1 inch/2.5 cm wide on each side seam. The pants should fit loosely enough to billow slightly at the top of the boot.

3. Low-heeled black leather or leather-like, non-shiny riding boots. Boots must be at least calf-high and loose-fitting; no zippers unless covered.

4. Black and silver watch-like communication device on left wrist with a black strap. Painted and weathered to match screen references.

5. Olive green 2” wide twill belt with the following details:
a. a black metal slide in front approximately 1.5-2 inch/3.8-5 cm in width and 3-3.5 inches/7.6-8.8 cm in height
b. one black non-shiny leather, suede or leather-like pouch (the fuzzy side of pig skin recommended) on the left front. Pouch should have a boxy shape with curved lower edges and feature a thin (1.5 inch/3.8 cm strap to hold the top in place.
c. 2-3 black non-shiny leather, suede or leather-like pouches (the fuzzy side of pig skin recommended) in the back with no visible snaps and a black leather or vinyl holster.

6. Two braids wrapped around head with a densely braided figure eight-style bun in back. Optional thin tan/beige suede or leather like chording in a wide "x" pattern over the top of each front braid.Naturally-occurring hair color only; no bangs.

Endor Briefing Version Only:
1. Medium gray vest with cap sleeves. The vest should include the following details:
a. gathering at the waist with a 1.5-2 inch/3.8-5 cm band featuring top stitching around the edges.
b. top stitching approximately 1-1.5 inches/2.5-3.8 cm from the outside edge on both the right and left sides, and 5 decorative topstitches about 1 inch/2.5 cm apart on the right-front (not including the edge top-stitching) and 8 decorative topstitches about 1 inch/2.5 cm apart along the right-back yoke.
c. Two flaps folded upward and top-stitched approximately 0.5 inches/1.25 cm on the front right and left sides of the vest. This should angle down lower closer to the side seams of the vest.
d. a front yoke starting roughly 1 inch/2.5 cm from the top of the flap and angling up toward the sleeve opening
e. a back yoke angling up slightly from the back center point.
f. top stitching around the sleeve seam, front yoke and back yoke is preferred but not required.

2.Rank insignia on the front right breast painted and weathered to match screen references.

Endor Commando Version Only:
1. Poncho with hood and ovular donut-shaped face opening featuring the following:
a. Poncho has a blotchy camouflage pattern, no streaks or lines, and is colored to match screen references with all of the following colors included: brown, light green, dark green and cream-white
a. poncho should hit at upper thigh level in front and at knee level in back
b. poncho should hit at or just past elbow level when viewed from the side
c. poncho has 2 slit openings in the front at the natural body line to allow the belt to pass through the front of the poncho, there should be at least 8 inches of fabric on each outside edge of the slit.
d. poncho does not have shoulder seams and includes a seam approximately 6 inches from each edge (optional top stitching on this seam)
e. poncho features a hood that can cover the helmet when worn, hood should hit shoulder-blade-mid back level in back and should have 2-4 inches of fabric in front
d. ovular donut shape connected to the hood that frames the face, approximately 3 inches wide. Lining preferred on donut shape
e. poncho is self-lined and inside of poncho is colored to match screen references similar to the outside of poncho

Optional Items:
1. DDC Defender short-barrel blaster.
2. (Commando Only) Rebel commando helmet featuring inner and outer elements:
a. a tan colored under-helmet based on a WWII era light weight AN-H--15 type flying cap with a custom ribbed top and visor. Ear flaps with black round shapes covering each ear. Mesh should cover the openings in each black round ear flap
b. a hard olive colored outer helmet featuring screen accurate black striping in back, 1 red and yellow insignia on front right side, painted, and weathered to match screen references including 3 dents.

Rebel Briefing Leia Reference Gallery: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/?portfolio=princess-leia-organa-rebel-briefing-uniform
Endor Commando Leia Reference Gallery: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/?portfolio=princess-leia-organa-endor-commando-poncho

Rebel Legion Costume Judge: Royalty/Senatorial, Alliance Officers (06/2017-present)
Executive Officer, Alderaan Base (2017-2018)
Membership Officer, Alderaan Base (05/2016-10/2017)

In Progress:Loyalist Senate Gown Padme, Mustafar Padme

Photos by Robbins Studios
LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#5 I think we should list the holster as (d) just to keep everything categorized as the other pouches are. That's all I notice. Nice work!

In progress/planning: Briefing Room Leia, Blue Linen Navy Dress Padme, Endor Leia, Tatooine Poncho Padme & Flame Handmaiden Padme
"This is a Rebellion, isn't it? I rebel."
LaV317 (LaVonne)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeiaAurora wrote:
#5 I think we should list the holster as (d) just to keep everything categorized as the other pouches are. That's all I notice. Nice work!

Agree.

Looks good!
ROTJ Leia (complete)
TFA General Leia (complete)
Senatorial Leia (in progress)
Ceremonial Leia (in progress)
AOTC Jamilla (90%)
AOTC Corde' (in progress)
Mara Jade (501st Approved)
Alderaan Base XO
Alderaan Base XO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shirt, Pants, Boots, Wrist Communicator, Vest, Rank Insignia, Belt, Belt Buckle, Front Pouch, Back 2-3 pouches, holster, with optional blaster and Hair style with optional leather "x" detail

Endor Commando Version:
Shirt, Pants, Poncho, Boots, Wrist Communicator, Belt, Belt Buckle, Front Pouch, Back 2-3 pouches, holster, with optional blaster, Hair style with optional leather "x" detail and optional helmet.

Both Versions:

Shirt
a. sleeves should reach almost to the elbow with a wide approximately 3 inch/7.6 cm cuff folded up
b. each sleeve features a vented pocket (roughly 4 inch by 5 inch/10 cm by 12.7 cm) and flap partially sewn to the outside of each sleeve. The pocket should lay over the cuff.
d. the shirt should close right over left and lay open to the upper breastbone with no visible snaps, zippers or other closures.

2. Cool pale gray or pale blue twill pants, tailored with a natural waist height. A solid burnished yellow or gold non-shiny stripe about 1 inch/2.5 cm wide on each side seam. The pants should fit loosely enough to billow slightly at the top of the boot.

3. Low-heeled black leather or leather-like, non-shiny riding boots. Boots must be at least calf-high and loose-fitting; no zippers unless covered.

4. Black and silver watch-like communication device on left wrist with a black strap. Painted and weathered to match screen references.

a. a black metal slide in front approximately 1.5-2 inch/3.8-5 cm in width and 3-3.5 inches/7.6-8.8 cm in height
b. one black non-shiny leather, suede or leather-like pouch (the fuzzy side of pig skin recommended) on the left front. Pouch should have a boxy shape with curved lower edges and feature a thin (1.5 inch/3.8 cm strap to hold the top in place.
c. 2-3 black non-shiny leather, suede or leather-like pouches (the fuzzy side of pig skin recommended) in the back with no visible snaps.
d. A black leather or vinyl holster.

6. Two braids wrapped around head with a densely braided figure eight-style bun in back. Optional thin tan/beige suede or leather like chording in a wide "x" pattern over the top of each front braid.Naturally-occurring hair color only; no bangs.

1. Medium gray vest with cap sleeves. The vest should include the following details:
a. gathering at the waist with a 1.5-2 inch/3.8-5 cm band featuring top stitching around the edges.
b. top stitching approximately 1-1.5 inches/2.5-3.8 cm from the outside edge on both the right and left sides, and 5 decorative topstitches about 1 inch/2.5 cm apart on the right-front (not including the edge top-stitching) and 8 decorative topstitches about 1 inch/2.5 cm apart along the right-back yoke.
c. Two flaps folded upward and top-stitched approximately 0.5 inches/1.25 cm on the front right and left sides of the vest. This should angle down lower closer to the side seams of the vest.
d. a front yoke starting roughly 1 inch/2.5 cm from the top of the flap and angling up toward the sleeve opening
f. top stitching around the sleeve seam, front yoke and back yoke is preferred but not required.

2.Rank insignia on the front right breast painted and weathered to match screen references.

1. Poncho with hood and ovular donut-shaped face opening featuring the following:
a. Poncho has a blotchy camouflage pattern, no streaks or lines, and is colored to match screen references with all of the following colors included: brown, light green, dark green and cream-white
c. poncho has 2 slit openings in the front at the natural body line to allow the belt to pass through the front of the poncho, there should be at least 8 inches of fabric on each outside edge of the slit.
d. poncho does not have shoulder seams and includes a seam approximately 6 inches from each edge (optional top stitching on this seam)
e. poncho features a hood that can cover the helmet when worn, hood should hit shoulder-blade-mid back level in back and should have 2-4 inches of fabric in front
d. ovular donut shape connected to the hood that frames the face, approximately 3 inches wide. Lining preferred on donut shape
e. poncho is self-lined and inside of poncho is colored to match screen references similar to the outside of poncho

Optional Items:
a. a tan colored under-helmet based on a WWII era light weight AN-H--15 type flying cap with a custom ribbed top and visor. Ear flaps with black round shapes covering each ear. Mesh should cover the openings in each black round ear flap
b. a hard olive colored outer helmet featuring screen accurate black striping in back, 1 red and yellow insignia on front right side, painted, and weathered to match screen references including 3 dents.

Rebel Briefing Leia Reference Gallery: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/?portfolio=princess-leia-organa-rebel-briefing-uniform
Endor Commando Leia Reference Gallery: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/?portfolio=princess-leia-organa-endor-commando-poncho

Rebel Legion Costume Judge: Royalty/Senatorial, Alliance Officers (06/2017-present)

LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was re-reading the standard revision and came upon this:

"a. gathering at the waist with a 1.5-2 inch/3.8-5 cm band featuring top stitching around the edges. "

Perhaps I missed it but is there a reference photo to show this? How do we know it is gathered? From what I have seen, it appears to just be a vest that is tucked into the belt.
I'm mostly using this shot as reference because that is what it looks like to me.

In progress/planning: Briefing Room Leia, Blue Linen Navy Dress Padme, Endor Leia, Tatooine Poncho Padme & Flame Handmaiden Padme
SithLantern (Shawn Todd)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeiaAurora wrote:
I was re-reading the standard revision and came upon this:

"a. gathering at the waist with a 1.5-2 inch/3.8-5 cm band featuring top stitching around the edges. "

Perhaps I missed it but is there a reference photo to show this? How do we know it is gathered? From what I have seen, it appears to just be a vest that is tucked into the belt.
I'm mostly using this shot as reference because that is what it looks like to me.

I believe the pictures from this earlier post shows that it is a gathered waist, especially in the bottom right of the first photo.

Blue wrote:

Jedi
Avatar Photo by: Robbins Studios Photography and Fine Art
LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SithLantern wrote:

I believe the pictures from this earlier post shows that it is a gathered waist, especially in the bottom right of the first photo.

I completely missed that. Thanks for posting!

Alderaan Base XO
Alderaan Base XO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SithLantern is correct, that picture from the book is how we know there is gathering which helps with the "over sized" look of the vest. Thanks for asking!

LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In further reading, I noticed this.

". Two flaps folded upward and top-stitched approximately 0.5 inches/1.25 cm on the front right and left sides of the vest. This should angle down lower closer to the side seams of the vest."

Is flap the best word to describe what is needed? When I read flap, I think of a flap on a pouch. To me, the bottom portion of the vest looks more like a big pocket even though it's not really. Is there a better term we can use? "Vented opening" or something similar perhaps?

LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also noticed one other thing.

“Endor Briefing Version only” is listed with the vest. I take this to mean that you will not need the vest if you are doing the commando version. Is that the case or should this also be re-worded?

Ritin Kornas ()
Helvetica Base CO
Helvetica Base CO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idea is that there is no need for the vest if you have the poncho.
You may ask in the bunker when she doesn't have the poncho. Well, then it is in this standard as "briefing" as for the briefing you can have the leather in the hairs.

However, in the end, might not be the only difference between inside bunker and briefing, the blaster is different too no ?
Maybe add a mention that if leather in the hairs is choosen, then the blaster should be the one from the commando version.
LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ritin Kornas wrote:
The idea is that there is no need for the vest if you have the poncho.
You may ask in the bunker when she doesn't have the poncho. Well, then it is in this standard as "briefing" as for the briefing you can have the leather in the hairs.

However, in the end, might not be the only difference between inside bunker and briefing, the blaster is different too no ?
Maybe add a mention that if leather in the hairs is choosen, then the blaster should be the one from the commando version.

That is what I always thought since you don't see the vest when she is wearing the poncho but in the old standard, vest was required for both regardless. I just think it would be nice to clarify that a bit more if possible is all. Smile

Also agreed on the hair/blaster.

Alderaan Base XO
Alderaan Base XO

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

changed the vest description per the conversation. I agree that the vest should only be required for Briefing Version as this is the same outfit worn in the bunker and Commando should be the poncho minus the vest as it is never seen under the poncho- this is why I have the vest only under Briefing Version and am not sure how to make this clearer but am open to suggestions. I am also wondering if people have photos of their being two seperate blasters in the different versions? I know Jenna mentioned it but I am not clear where this info came from which makes it difficult to add it to the standard proposal.

Endor Commando Version:

Both Versions:

Shirt

c. 2-3 black non-shiny leather, suede or leather-like pouches (the fuzzy side of pig skin recommended) in the back with no visible snaps.
d. A black leather or vinyl holster.

c. one knife pleat folded upward and top-stitched approximately 0.5 inches/1.25 cm on the front right and left sides of the vest. This should angle down lower closer to the side seams of the vest.

Optional Items:

Endor Commando Leia Reference Gallery: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/?portfolio=princess-leia-organa-endor-commando-poncho[/quote]

Ritin Kornas ()
Helvetica Base CO
Helvetica Base CO

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I got the trouble with the blaster now.
In facts, in first page you had proposed to replace DDC by x-30 Lancer. But in your latest version you put DDC, which confused me to think there was 2 different blaster depending on briefing or commando.

The DDC is indeed the one from ANH and so clearly not the one she has in commando version.
So it should be only X-30 lancer Wink Which is, by the way, I think a nice project for me to do soon as it looks cool Very Happy
According to the 2 reference librairies, with can see clearly for both it's a X30 lancer on 2 photos.

Regarding your last version, may be add in optional for commando the vest + rank insignia if people want to do even if not seen ?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: