Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=c1dc31734809a28b956e60714c024c96Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

How creative can i be with helmet decal?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> TFA X-Wing Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
catmew ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject: How creative can i be with helmet decal? Reply with quote

whats the guide lines for the helmet paint? i am in the process of repainting the HB helmet. i would love to make it look like Poe's white helmet, but i want it to be just a generic X-wing pilot. how much change is needed.
And if anyone is willing to show me their helmet so i can have a reference

thanks in advance!
TerranCmdr ()

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly do not know the standards for being officially accepted, but while doing research for my own helmet I've found quite a bit of variation among the pilot helmets, both in the movie and from what people have created. In fact after a rewatch of TFA recently I realized there's a pilot with orange on his helmet. Here's a few pictures that might help you out:

And here is what I'm planning for mine:

Strongbow ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used Poe's blue helmet as my base design.... I changed a few things. The bottom blue includes the bump for the mic, the aurebesh is changed. i changed te kill markings a bit. Black stripes to dark blue, changed the flash on the visor housing to one inspired by porkins. Here's a snapshot:

Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could certainly do a design based on Poe's helmet, that's totally fine. You have a fair bit of freedom when it comes to helmet paint schemes, all that we require is that you don't use any real world symbols, images or logos (no McDonald's logos, for example), no real world language, no offensive language, and just that it looks like it would fit in with the Star Wars world. Neon colors aren't recommended, either.

If you have any concerns, you could always put up a rough sketch idea or something like that and get some feedback on it before you paint your helmet.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DarthWad3r (Joe Knowlton)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know someone who just got approved with a straight up Warhammer 40k symbol so go crazy lol.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can confirm, unmodified 40k symbol used and approved on 2 helmets, so as long as you're not the Pepsi Pilot it seems it's fair game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots -> TFA X-Wing Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: