Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=6427b2859a754c93aa642cfeabb3cc32Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

(Eastern) Hampton Comicon 2017--UPDATED

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (1)

(0)

(0)

User Registered Confirmed
Ami-Lyn KelWed Oct 04, 2017 5:30 pm
Ami-Lyn Kel (Amy Kelly)
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:25 pm    Post subject: (Eastern) Hampton Comicon 2017--UPDATED
Event: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:00 pm

October 21, 2017 at the Hampton Roads Convention Center

http://www.hamptoncomicon.com/

It was up in the air for awhile, but according to their website, we are on the list for exhibiting.

Anyone down to come hang out with me? It's a one-day event, 10 AM-6 PM.I know Air & Scare and Norfolk PD's Trunk or Treat are both the same day. I don't know how many passes we might have, but I already purchased mine.

I can bring my laptop & speakers to show videos if we have electricity at the table, as well as bring printed materials. If anyone has a table runner or flag I can borrow, please let me know and I'll come to you to pick it up any time before the con. THANKS!

Last edited by Ami-Lyn Kel (Amy Kelly) on Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:42 pm; edited 4 times in total
Jon-Ari_Kenobi (John Dittmyre)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its the same weekend as Air & Scare again, I thought I had submitted for a table but I have not heard back

I will check up on it

https://www.facebook.com/RL.FreedomBase.ObiWan
Ami-Lyn Kel (Amy Kelly)
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I'm not doing Air & Scare, if there is a table, I can work. I'll print up some more stuff to have on hand and take my computer along.

John, if there is a table, can we meet at some point before so I can get a flag or something from you? All I have is a store bought plastic TFA table cloth and it is pretty meager.
Benaiah Abishai ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be able to help man the table at least Saturday if we do it
Ami-Lyn Kel (Amy Kelly)
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be good. It's a one day show so we don't have to commit to an entire weekend.

Benaiah Abishai wrote:
I might be able to help man the table at least Saturday if we do it

Ami-Lyn Kel (Amy Kelly)
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.imgur.com/Xlzz5y6.jpg

Thanks to an unsecured wall outlet, we had electricity at the table today up in Hampton. Smile I brought my laptop and an extension cord (just in case), and I was able to show videos and assorted other stuff on my laptop.

We had really good foot traffic at the table until 3 PM and then it just died off for me. Not sure why: the table was between Studio Evolve and Ranelynn Graphics, and they were both super busy all day. I ran though the rest of the tattoos I had from earlier events and most of the printed materials I brought.

I thought this was a pretty good showing for the con's second year.[/url]
Benaiah Abishai ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amy thanks for taking point on this event! Sorry I wasn't able to make it but I had a family obligation come up at the last minute had to go out of town that day. Hopefully I will be able to help out with nekocon.
Ami-Lyn Kel (Amy Kelly)
Base Membership Officer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries. It was a good time.

It was a little on the noisy side. The panels were held in the same area as the exhibitors and vendors. I bowed out of that when Garrison Tyrranus invited me up to join them. I didn't want to compete with floor noise. I'm sure that was done as a cost-saving measure, instead of reserving a room or two elsewhere.

We did have a great spot. The table next to GT and the Droid Builders didn't have anyone show up for it, so I could have jumped in there, but I was already set up in our spot. We were close to the panel area, in between Studio Evolve and an art print booth (and about 3 down from GT). Really nice floor traffic for most of the day.

Note to anyone who goes to this con next year: if you help out at the table, bring a chair with you. Each table only got 1 chair, which wasn't a problem for us this year, but for future cons, it might not be enough.

Also, there seemed to be more kids at this con compared to VB. We should come up with some game to play with GT next year, like that Colleen came up with for VB earlier this year.
Jon-Ari_Kenobi (John Dittmyre)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ami-Lyn Kel wrote:
No worries. It was a good time.

It was a little on the noisy side. The panels were held in the same area as the exhibitors and vendors. I bowed out of that when Garrison Tyrranus invited me up to join them. I didn't want to compete with floor noise. I'm sure that was done as a cost-saving measure, instead of reserving a room or two elsewhere.

We did have a great spot. The table next to GT and the Droid Builders didn't have anyone show up for it, so I could have jumped in there, but I was already set up in our spot. We were close to the panel area, in between Studio Evolve and an art print booth (and about 3 down from GT). Really nice floor traffic for most of the day.

Note to anyone who goes to this con next year: if you help out at the table, bring a chair with you. Each table only got 1 chair, which wasn't a problem for us this year, but for future cons, it might not be enough.

Also, there seemed to be more kids at this con compared to VB. We should come up with some game to play with GT next year, like that Colleen came up with for VB earlier this year.

Thanks Amy for doing this one!

And yea Hampton and Tidewater ComicCon they don't like a ton of people hanging around at/behind the tables

There is actually a rule on the books of no more than 2 behind the table at anytime which is bizarre to me

https://www.facebook.com/RL.FreedomBase.ObiWan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: