Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=c37d84f1f37038a6bdcaaf81443ce5d3Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Resistance X-Wing Build Group Planning
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Alpha Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (25)

(5)

User Registered Confirmed
kwinchellMon Sep 18, 2017 10:40 pm
AladdinMarkMon Sep 18, 2017 11:11 pm
ReeshiesPieciesMon Sep 18, 2017 11:19 pm
SiouxznTue Sep 19, 2017 3:00 am
VystLaaqTue Sep 19, 2017 3:17 am
clgeorgeTue Sep 19, 2017 2:15 pm
AquadraziTue Sep 19, 2017 4:02 pm
jpclaudeTue Sep 19, 2017 4:33 pm
tereshkova2001Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:12 pm
nbatternTue Sep 19, 2017 5:58 pm
JimWed Sep 20, 2017 3:12 am
vcaballeroWed Sep 20, 2017 8:04 pm
bilbowankenobisanThu Sep 21, 2017 7:52 pm
AlidoroThu Sep 21, 2017 11:45 pm
SpaceAceSat Sep 30, 2017 9:36 pm
ShokokuphoenixSat Sep 30, 2017 9:47 pm
CorivanSat Sep 30, 2017 9:50 pm
KayleesiMon Oct 02, 2017 6:47 pm
WilhelmMon Oct 02, 2017 8:04 pm
ScrappyMon Oct 02, 2017 8:14 pm
GregoryTue Oct 03, 2017 3:45 am
MallenphotoTue Oct 03, 2017 5:14 am
Baris_AlrisulTue Oct 03, 2017 1:43 pm
NightJediWed Oct 04, 2017 3:13 am
Star_NerdThu Oct 05, 2017 2:01 am
User Registered Confirmed
RedfireMon Sep 18, 2017 10:57 pmMon Sep 18, 2017 11:13 pm
Womp RatTue Sep 19, 2017 7:53 pm
jabbasdeadWed Sep 20, 2017 4:40 am
Master Vance HalenWed Sep 20, 2017 10:13 pm
Patient0x00Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:25 am
clgeorge (Chris George)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Siouxzn wrote:
This might work also

https://www.amazon.com/Womens-Mountain-Walking-Tactical-Waterproof/dp/B01GMU4F7A/ref=pd_sim_309_2?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=YQ7HGHJHD52A2FPEHGSK&th=1&psc=1

Another possible option! https://www.amazon.com/Winter-Waterproof-Insulated-WINBOOT-BLACK-8/dp/B01M8MDDEI/ref=sr_1_30?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1505860330&sr=1-30&nodeID=5658904011&psd=1&keywords=winter%2Bboots&th=1&psc=1
Womp Rat (Garrett Studhalter)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I believe I'm close to all the details for the belt and webbing. It consists of a specific brittish military belt with a roll pin buckle. The closest color I can get right now os a samd beige, I've inquired on grey. Then it would require two additional roll pin buckles, various widths of grey strapping from strap works, amd the two metal paddels which I've inquired with Guy Evans on tonsee if he still has metal shop connections to get them CNC'd. Right now the cost would be looking around 60$ for all components.
clgeorge (Chris George)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a source for aaa battery boxes w/ switch, and I have 3mm LEDS that will work for the chest boxes.
AladdinMark ()
Alpha Base CO
Alpha Base CO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Womp Rat wrote:
So I believe I'm close to all the details for the belt and webbing. It consists of a specific brittish military belt with a roll pin buckle. The closest color I can get right now os a samd beige, I've inquired on grey. Then it would require two additional roll pin buckles, various widths of grey strapping from strap works, amd the two metal paddels which I've inquired with Guy Evans on tonsee if he still has metal shop connections to get them CNC'd. Right now the cost would be looking around 60$ for all components.

The belt is a British Army PLCE web belt with roll pin buckle. It is worn inside out. I wear the exact same belt as Cassian. This belt is not offered in grey with the roll pin buckle. A grey one can be purchased and a roll pin buckle added. These buckles can be purchased for $6 each. Alternatively, and this untested so far, we can get the desert sand belts with the buckle already on. We may be able to acid dye them to the color we need. I believe Katherine is working on a solution for the paddles that may end up being very cost effective.
Jim ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! This is pretty exciting. Smile

*Please sign me up for "webbing & bandolier lead". Thanks!

*I believe I only missed the flightsuit fabric order thus far, so I'll get myself 4 yards and be caught up! Thanks for the link/info.

*I live in a West Seattle townhome and if that's a central/preferred location, I can (at the moment) host any of the Sundays of builds 1-6. I have a dining table that could feasibly hold 4 sewing stations. My man cave would be a decent carpeted floor space for build 1. My 1 car garage (with 2 desk sized tables) would be good for messier days like painting.

*I can front the costs of some of the bulk purchases for other leads/materials, if needed.

*Sewing is my very weak suit, proved in Home Ec 8th grade LOL. I'm willing to learn or try but my concern would be wrecking someone's machine or sabotaging my fabric. I look forward to learning how to pattern, cut, etc. I hope to carry my part along by fetching supplies/errands, fronting payment for orders, and providing pizza/salad/beverages any days that I host a build. If someone sewing skilled but financially limited would like to have a side discussion with me, I could give some cost assistance in exchange for some sewing work Smile

*My helmet arrived today 9/19 1 day early ... I LOVE IT

Looking forward to the fun ahead!!
AladdinMark ()
Alpha Base CO
Alpha Base CO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alicia and I can host the first build day (October 15th) here at our house in Gold Bar. I will also see if Danny is available to come up from Oregon to help out. I can also put him up here in my guest room.
Siouxzn (Susan)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My weekends are all open for hosting. But also willing to go wherever.. I'm easy

Lots of room and long tables for multiple sewing spots. Lots of floor space and ample parking
2 car garage for painting (actually.. if we are doing any painting with the air guns I would prefer not to transport them.. lots of stuff to have to bring).

I have two sewing machines.. one is pretty crappy though and doesn't work half the time. We can put Jim on that one and let him play around with discarded fabric.. (hehe just teasing Jim).
Aquadrazi ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a sewing machine and I am also able to front the money for bulk orders. My offer to provide a ride on build days is open to anyone that needs it.
tereshkova2001 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I offer to take dye lead on dyeing the ribbed elastic trim. I've got plenty of experience dyeing fabric and I have a lot of the equipment and materials. I may already have the right dyes for that and possibly even also for the belt webbing. Mark and Garrett, hit me up if you decide to dye the sand belts.

For gloves:
The screen-used ones (police riot gear by Southcombe) are no longer for sale. The costume standards are very specific as to the padding details. Converting any other gloves would be tedious as all get out. As I see it, we have two options.
$20 faux leather from Costume Base, a seller whose reputation ranges from "acceptable" to "needs work" to "don't waste your money".
$60 real leather from Wampa Wear, a seller which seems to have a much better reputation.

I'm willing to order one pair of the cheap ones so people can see what they look like in person. If I were doing this just for myself, I'd get the leather ones, but I know some people have budgets. Thoughts?

Also also, my local Joann's has some of the Solar Cherry fabric. I'm going to go buy them out of it and will let you know how much I have left over.
GTR2-D2 (Danny Chen)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Oct 15th session Reply with quote

I spoke with Mark last night, I'll be attending the first build sessions with all my stuff. Should be approved by then.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark I don't see how you can order the grey PLCE web belt with the correct texture without the Roll Pin buckle? Do you have any links to search for that? The best I can see is the sands beige and dying it grey. As for Roll Pin Buckles it looks like I found a pretty cheap source for military replacements, so if it doesn't come with the belt that is fine.

For gloves I would recommend wampa wear and the leather ones, costume base is often highly contested and not always accepted by the legion. With the TFA and TLJ costumes judges have even gotten pickier.

I noticed no one has talked about the correct hosing for the chest box. There was a supplier for that who did the two different spacing, but now the TLJ photo's may show it as a consistent spacing not the big/small.

There are also different boots to look into for any of the alien pilots versus Poe. I have seen a rubber black boot cover distressed for certain images.
Siouxzn (Susan)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a huge arsenal of snaps and rivets and the equipment to install them. I am willing to share these so you do not need to purchase any of them.

I have from Line 24 on down to baby durables (smalll ones). They are mainly stainless steel, however. So if it required that the cap (the visible portion) is a specific color we will have to purchase those from pacific Fabrics in Seattle. I am not noticing that any are visible on the reference photos so I believe that the stainless steel ones are fine.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone has additional solar cherry fabric yards I haven't gotten any yet and would be happy to reimburse.
Aquadrazi ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone ordered wampa wear gloves before? I'm wondering if the sizing is standard glove sizes or if they run larger or smaller.
AladdinMark ()
Alpha Base CO
Alpha Base CO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garrett, I was saying the grey version of the belt doesn't come with roll pin buckle. One could be attached after the fact. However that grey doesn't seem the right shade anyway. I do believe the best course would be to purchase the desert sand belt with roll pin buckle already attached and then dye it. I have a scrap piece of my Cassian belt (desert sand) left over that I would like to use to test the dye process. However, I am largely unfamiliar with this and wouldn't mind some assistance on that. I'd hate to mess up the only test piece I have.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Alpha Base All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: