Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=18e6e2b0d010e1b9eef056bf38c8a39fMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

12/11/2017 The Force Awakens Viewing Party

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Terrapin Base -> Terrapin Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (1)

User Registered Confirmed
Jedi UnggoyFri Dec 08, 2017 8:05 pm
XWingKC (Joy Hargraves)
Terrapin Base CO
Terrapin Base CO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: 12/11/2017 The Force Awakens Viewing Party
Event: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:00 pm

Cross posted from OLG

Event Name: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Viewing Party
Venue: Oxon Hill Library
Venue address: 6200 Oxon Hill rd
Oxon Hill, Maryland
USA
Event Start: 12/11/17 - 6:00PM
Event End: 12/11/17 - 9:00PM
Event Website:
Expected number of attendees: 50
Requested number of characters: 4
Requested character types:
Secure changing/staging area: Yes
Comments: Oxon Hill Library is having a party on the Monday before The Last Jedi comes out to help people get ready and celebrate. The program is for teens and tweens and will involve a showing of The Force Awakens, a costume contest, and a raffle of a few Star Wars related items. There is no charge for admission to the event.
Referred by: I heard from another library that enjoyed having members of your organization at their event.

Suggested Arrival Time is 60 minutes before the event Start Time.

Other 501st Garrisons, the Rebel Legion, the Mandalorian Mercenaries Costuming Club, and R2DC are welcome to attend.
Approved: Jedi Archivist, Human X Wing Pilot, Twi'lek X Wing Pilot

Jedi Unggoy (Philip Gastilo)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll be there as Jawa
Jawaa
Jawa (Walang Yaka)
Generic Jedi (PhigaMawas)
Resistance Pilot (Col. Starion, Esir / CallSign: Hornet)

Chesapeake Squadron CO
Jedi Unggoy (Philip Gastilo)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I arrived at Oxon Hill Public Library around 5:30 pm. Was shown to our private changing room. Robert Boyce from OLG was there in his Tie Pilot. I suited up into my Jawa and waited til show time at 6pm. There weren't too many people there, most weren't aware of the event. But it was ok, the kids there were still excited to see "Darth Vader and an Ewok" Sad Robert and I walked around the library with one of the librarians announcing the Star Wars Event was taking place. The event took place in the children's section of the library. The librarians set up a photo op section for us with a TFA backdrop. There was a Make Your Own Lightsaber with pool noodles table. A Feed Jabba table with a Jabba mouth cutout that the kids could throw ping pong balls through. And there was a snacks table for folks to munch on during the showing of Episode VII. There was more traffic after a students meeting ended after 7:30. But no one showed up in costume so there wasn't a costume contest for us to judge. Nor did they do a trivia contest and raffle. So majority of the crowd sat and watched the rest of The Force Awakens which ended around 8:30 and everyone then just dispersed for the night.
Jawa (Walang Yaka)
Generic Jedi (PhigaMawas)
Resistance Pilot (Col. Starion, Esir / CallSign: Hornet)

Chesapeake Squadron CO
XWingKC (Joy Hargraves)
Terrapin Base CO
Terrapin Base CO

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Unggoy wrote:
I arrived at Oxon Hill Public Library around 5:30 pm. Was shown to our private changing room. Robert Boyce from OLG was there in his Tie Pilot. I suited up into my Jawa and waited til show time at 6pm. There weren't too many people there, most weren't aware of the event. But it was ok, the kids there were still excited to see "Darth Vader and an Ewok" Sad Robert and I walked around the library with one of the librarians announcing the Star Wars Event was taking place. The event took place in the children's section of the library. The librarians set up a photo op section for us with a TFA backdrop. There was a Make Your Own Lightsaber with pool noodles table. A Feed Jabba table with a Jabba mouth cutout that the kids could throw ping pong balls through. And there was a snacks table for folks to munch on during the showing of Episode VII. There was more traffic after a students meeting ended after 7:30. But no one showed up in costume so there wasn't a costume contest for us to judge. Nor did they do a trivia contest and raffle. So majority of the crowd sat and watched the rest of The Force Awakens which ended around 8:30 and everyone then just dispersed for the night.

Thank you Phil. Sometimes it's just the way they flow. Thank you for the wonderful write up!
Approved: Jedi Archivist, Human X Wing Pilot, Twi'lek X Wing Pilot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Terrapin Base -> Terrapin Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: