Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=a043f56016d1d9895d9a57c8131b1b25Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

WIP TFA Luke - Dagobah Base

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Luke Skywalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CyberSage87 ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: WIP TFA Luke - Dagobah Base Reply with quote

So I've been advised by Dagobah Base CO- Krysis(Evan Wayne) to start a WIP thread for my TFA Luke. Apparently this is where the Legion Costume Judges (LCJ) approve them ?

Hopefully this is the correct sub thread. dunno

Any help is greatly appreciated !

Anyway, first thing's first. I need to verify acceptable colors and fabrics.

Again, as suggested, I have taken pictures of the fabrics at various Kelvin.:

Quote:

2. Vest/outer tunic:

Textured and nubby beige/dark cream fabric, sleeveless with large split under the arm until just above the obi. It is split again in the sides just below the obi and hangs straight down. The vest overlap slightly in front at the waistline, right over left. The vest ends just above the ankles.
3. Tabard/stole:

Textured fabric in beige/cream, preferably a lighter shade than the vest, obi, and pants. Ends at the ankles/instep, longer than vest.
4. Obi:

Same fabric and color as vest. Should be roughly 1 inch/2.5cm wider than the belt on both sides. No front closure.
5. Pants:

Loose fitting textured and nubby fabric in beige/dark cream. Should be the same fabric as vest and obi. Pants are tucked into the boots/boot wraps.

7. Cloak:

Coarse, heavily textured material in a medium gray-brown color. Cloak has a large hood that rests on the shoulders when up. Cloak is open in front and kept in place with two white straps that goes under the arm and ties in the back. Straps should be hidden as much as possible. Cloak reaches ground and may not have any raw edges. It should have an arched seam in the back going to the sides with the highest point of the arch being around upper knee to mid thigh. Cloak can be sewn unto tabards/stole.

For the sake of convenience I'll bring screen-caps over here.

Quote:
9. Mechanical hand:

Weathered metallic/aluminium colored and plated glove or prop instead of the right hand.

Thanks to the new trailer, I now have a good look at the greeblies involved in the prosthetic hand.:

While I will likely use a plated glove most of the time, I have a robotic prop that can be used as well. The prop will be activated via hidden buttons or eventually MyoWare EMG sensors like modern prosthetics (the later being genuinely linked to my career Very Happy ):

SithLantern (Shawn Todd)
Alderaan Base CO
Alderaan Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actual approval is done through submitting your costume pics though your costumes link.

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/cosnew.php

The WIP thread helps you along as you can get on the spot suggestions for corrections as you go. Instead of submitting and getting them all at that time.
In the long run it saves you and the judges time and some times aggravation.

All a good start.. Smile
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Change that from 'some times aggravation' to 'a lot of times aggravation', Shawn, and you'd be right. Razz WIPs are very helpful for all involved in the process.

But the LCJs often pop into the detachments and offer advice and feedback, and you also have the rest of the members to help you out. Best place to get help along the way in here.

I'll say the colors looks to be good, so keep going. Smile

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
CyberSage87 ()

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input so far!
I'll go ahead and get the fabric then. TFA Luke is pretty much Fall colors, so I guess now would be the time to get 'em.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Luke Skywalker All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: