Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=ad8909dc29c6ba248dee05364122eb6bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Kitwarr Build
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IpoWook (Nowell H.G.)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:40 pm    Post subject: Kitwarr Build Reply with quote

Hello! Im new here and I wanted a place to be able to keep wip stuff of my wookiee build! Shes going to be a generic wookiee pup, since im only 5'2. Im hoping that I can get it done by the next Celebration but we will see. I am working on the body, and my friend who is a master mask maker will be doing the mask! Right now I have just started wefting on one leg with hotglue and premade wefts I made months back, wefting over a lycra unitard thats being worn by a DTD of myself!

here are some pictures of what Ipo looks like as well as what I have wefted so far

http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/IpoWook/media/bWVkaWFJZDoxNjcyNTI2MTg=/?ref=1

http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/IpoWook/media/bWVkaWFJZDoxNjcyNTI2MTc=/?ref=1

Last edited by IpoWook (Nowell H.G.) on Sat May 26, 2018 12:58 am; edited 2 times in total
chefhawk ()
Rebel Legion Reserve

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive downloaded the images to Imgur which is another hosting site but without the annoying adverts and popups.
Photobucket does not support third party anymore.
Link to imgur if you want to use it instead.

https://imgur.com

Here are your pics direct onto the page

Good luck with your build

Hope that helps

cheers
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks chefhawk! i will switch over to imgur!
IpoWook (Nowell H.G.)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question! Is there anyway that I would be able to enter my generic wookiee for acceptance without stilts? Would a wookiee youngling that isnt Gunji or Kitwarr be acceptable in any circumstance? What if said wookiee was entered for acceptance as a Jedi youngling, wearing full jedi gear and whatnot?
Scouser (Devlin)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless something has changed that I did not notice, the only young wookiees are the named ones. No generics.

The only exceptions are for medical and I think even then it has to be a named one.

If it changes or has changed I would be a super happy camper since I am partially disabled and stilts are not good for me....but I didn't want one of the named young wookiees except maybe Gungi, so I have a full size wookiee and just do what I can which some days is nothing at all so always bring a back up outfit just in case.
Dewkazza - Wookiee Elder (Generic)
Horr'orr - ANH Tusken/Bantha Rider (501st (DZ-91919) & Rebel Legion)
Grand Moff Tarkin (ID-91919)
Tie Pilot Reserve (TI-91919)
Bridge Crew: Engineer (IC-91919)
IpoWook (Nowell H.G.)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scouser wrote:
Unless something has changed that I did not notice, the only young wookiees are the named ones. No generics.

The only exceptions are for medical and I think even then it has to be a named one.

If it changes or has changed I would be a super happy camper since I am partially disabled and stilts are not good for me....but I didn't want one of the named young wookiees except maybe Gungi, so I have a full size wookiee and just do what I can which some days is nothing at all so always bring a back up outfit just in case.

Ahh ok! Yeah I cant use stilts either as I have knee problems so it wouldnt be a good idea. But hopefully one day it will chnge to include youngling generics! Until then Ill just have my wookiee for fun only, which isnt a bad thing! Maybe I can have a troop costume and then my just for fun wook! Someday though, if the rules change, id love to troop as my wook cub!
IpoWook (Nowell H.G.)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SO, I am starting over with my wookiee youngling and doing the mesh with latch hooking method so that I have a better chance of approval! So for the past few days, I have been ordering all the supplies I need as well as more kanekalon for hair blending, which is what ive been working on since yesterday

^My wook is gonna this have lighter strawberry blond blended fur for her lighter highlights and for her darker color, a dark brownish auburn with blondish highlights to tie it in with the light fur

My mask is going to be a kit from Bacca9 that my friend is going to assemble for me! Smile So everything is in the works, I hope to be able to start latch hooking by next week, so im trying to blend as much fur as possible before then so that I dont have to keep stopping and starting!

Last edited by IpoWook (Nowell H.G.) on Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
mattcamaro (L. Matt Darling)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look at the Fringe standards Gungi is the only youngling that is listed. Now Lumpy would be ok too. But no generic Wookiees under 7 ft tall as it doesn't meet the height requirement.

Wear the Hair!
IpoWook (Nowell H.G.)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattcamaro wrote:
If you look at the Fringe standards Gungi is the only youngling that is listed. Now Lumpy would be ok too. But no generic Wookiees under 7 ft tall as it doesn't meet the height requirement.

Not even due to health issues that dont allow you to wear stilts?
GotWookiee (Matt Pfingsten)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
2018 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly. If the suit is good, we ought to consider a youngling Wookiee CRL. If the mask looks like a youngling (i.e. a bit chubby in the cheeks) and not just someone wearing a regular Chewie head. I think that would be good.
IpoWook (Nowell H.G.)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GotWookiee wrote:
Honestly. If the suit is good, we ought to consider a youngling Wookiee CRL. If the mask looks like a youngling (i.e. a bit chubby in the cheeks) and not just someone wearing a regular Chewie head. I think that would be good.

The mask will be a youngling kit made by Bacca9, originally meant for Lumpy, so yes it will have chubby cheeks!
GotWookiee (Matt Pfingsten)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
2018 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IpoWook wrote:
GotWookiee wrote:

The mask will be a youngling kit made by Bacca9, originally meant for Lumpy, so yes it will have chubby cheeks!

Yeah, Jamie and I were discussing it on FB a bit ago.

We've got enough canon examples of little Wookiees or Wooklings (not sure on the preferred nomenclature) that we can make a generic Wookling CRL that is distinctive from the Generic adult Wookiee and not just short Chewie.
IpoWook (Nowell H.G.)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GotWookiee wrote:
IpoWook wrote:
GotWookiee wrote:

Yeah, Jamie and I were discussing it on FB a bit ago.

We've got enough canon examples of little Wookiees or Wooklings (not sure on the preferred nomenclature) that we can make a generic Wookling CRL that is distinctive from the Generic adult Wookiee and not just short Chewie.

Thats awesome! I hope that my youngling will be accepted then!
IpoWook (Nowell H.G.)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

darker fur!

Last edited by IpoWook (Nowell H.G.) on Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
IpoWook (Nowell H.G.)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my netting and pattern in the mail, just waiting for the latch hook, which they shipped separate for some strange reason. Probably going to take the Thing 1 pattern and mod it so it doesnt fit too loosely and then its onto latch hooking finally!

Here is the pattern I got:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: