Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=2b533fd9ac9bbbdc86540a61ba54e3d7Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Leia Marvel Miniseries Jumpsuit WIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jediwriter ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:17 am    Post subject: Leia Marvel Miniseries Jumpsuit WIP Reply with quote

Hi! I'm considering joining the Rebel Legion Ra Kura Base as Marvel Miniseries Leia. Here are some professional photos of my costume (the upper arm and elbow square patches are there, but hard to see in the photos). I was just wondering what, if anything, I would need to change to match the costume standards. I'd like to make these changes before submitting more detailed photos with my application. Thank you all, and looking forward to be part of the group!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gl-a-EtxcZzMOodtjxVGt3aFz8JyJCkk/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rnutXJ9pie1i9PRe0eUXXhusV4Njru9S/view?usp=sharing
Ritin Kornas ()
Helvetica Base CO
Helvetica Base CO

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey ! Your costume is looking great! Happy to see more of this one Smile

Hum, so I'm no judge but reading the standard http://newsite.rebellegion.com/princess-leia-organa-marvel-miniseries-jumpsuit/ and checking with reference pictures, I think you will be required at least the following change :
- Can't see if you have the waistband for the jumpsuit, but at least you lack the placket covering the zip in the front of the jumpsuit.
- You don't have the seam requested in front of each leg, going under the pads. I guess however on this point, you might have used a similar picture to the last one of this gallery http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/?portfolio=leia-organa-marvel-comics-vest-jumpsuit where there are no seams, so, maybe this can be discussed with judges as they are supposed to use standards only as a starting point (but you would need to provide the reference picture during the submission process)
- Regarding the vest, It's hard to see but I fear the collar might be too small, it is supposed to be at least as tall as the one of the jumpsuit. The armholes might be too small (I guess that would depend on the judge), and you would have to remove the zippers I think.
- The boots are too dark, they should be tan or light/medium brown.

Good luck anyway ! I cross fingers for you Smile
Looking forward to see you part of the club too Wink
Jediwriter ()

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestions! I figured I would have to get brown boots for this costume, at least.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: