Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=037266ebaa0220f7d6f878650ccee3baMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Red lightsabers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amakneum (Luis)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject: Red lightsabers Reply with quote

I see a lot of people wondering about why a jedi can't carry a red lightsaber. In part I blame all these new stories about Star Wars circulating around and making too many changes to the original version. Yes, a Jedi can grab one and swing it around like any other lightsaber, but they stay away from anything related to the dark side of the Force and the red saber feels very unstable when used by a Jedi. Through time, while studying different aspects of the Force, they noticed tapping into both sides of the Force made some Jedi go into the dark side. That is why eventually they completely try to stay away from such knowledge.

When the original movie came in the 70's, as far as I remember the construction of a red lightsaber was part of the dark Jedi or the Sith training because the crystal wasn't natural but synthetic or created. The jedi didn't like the red crystals for the imperfections and hard for them to use them. The dark side users made them balanced and stronger when in use by them, due to the dark side of the Force acting on the crystal. Even the cutting power was more powerful than the regular Jedi lightsaber.

Then there is another story about how the lightsabers originated. According with my readings, the Sith started the design and construction of the lightsaber with its own contained power source instead of been attached to an external power source like in the past.

The new version going around is the clear crystal version. The color is created based on the user and how the crystal is infused with the light or the dark side of the Force. I personally like with the original version of creating a red synthetic crystal, which was part of the dark side training. That makes the red crystal something more unique, just like the clothing, spaceships, devices and other things dark siders like to use.

It's all about absolute power! Jedi is more about.......been nice and balanced. May be that is why I like the yellow or amber color crystal used by most sentinels (red and green light color mixed). Red- aggressive combat skills like a dark user. Green- balanced between both sides of the Force.

You can find a lot of this information if you search the web. Hopefully this will help answer some questions or all the questions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: