Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=70609b50f228e1d3add89707db8e0302Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

New costumer question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Rogue One
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mysma Hachi ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: New costumer question Reply with quote

Brand new to costuming but a huge Star Wars geek. Wanted to try to go simple for my first try, and was thinking hoth, Endor, or Rogue one soldier/grunt.

However, I can’t find a reference for the rogue one troopers (I’m thinking the guys that attacked the shore line - lots of old army gear at my disposal). Is there a reference some where? Should I just take a shot at it?

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
jthatcher (Jim Thatcher)
Mos Espa Base XO
Mos Espa Base XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CRL for the Scarif Marines should be posted soon. It can be found on this thread:

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=90819

Jim Thatcher
Mos Espa BXO
RAID: Endor Commando, Rebel Marine (Scarif) - 307th Desert Rats
COR: Captain Rex - Anooba Squad
KJO: Luke Skywalker (Death Star Duel) - Temple Arkanis
Thorn_Korrd ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of members have completed the approval procedure for their SpecForce Commando impression and could help you.

You may also want to check in here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1934197186801179/
twhigham (Troy Whigham)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Celebration17 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what I used and was approved:

The look I was going for:

The look I achieved:

Going top to bottom:
Helmet: USGI M1 helmet, restored by replacing the sweatband, chinstrap, and nape strap.
Helmet cover: M1/PASGT desert sand cotton helmet cover from vendor found on ebay, modified by Elizabeth Martinez of Scarlett Stitchery. It took two stock covers to complete one Scarif Marine cover.
Helmet blast shield: Allen Amis Creations

Scarf: Sniper scarf from vendor found on Amazon.com.
Jacket: Russian Gorka 4 jacket, sleeve pockets removed and garment washed in hot water twice. Vendor found on eBay.
Pants: Russian Gorka 4 (came as a set with the jacket and included suspenders), modified by Elizabeth Martinez of Scarlet Stitchery, then dyed chocolate brown by me with RiT dye for synthetic materials (since the pants are a blended material).

Vest: M79 grenade vest, dyed chocolate brown at the same time as my pants, then spray-painted with flat black with card paper from a mailer advertisement to block the black away from the vest trim. The grenade pocket flaps will take dye better than they will paint, and result in a darker look that you would expect. Yellow insignia painted by me using acrylic craft paint from Michael's hobby store. I also picked up the same make in chocolate brown to weather the trim on the vest to age and weather it a bit.

Equipment:
Belt: British PLCE belt, with adjustment loops turned outward to face the viewer.
Subsistence Pouch: Yugo/Servian mess kit and pouch, dyed Navy Blue and painted with acrylic paint. Vendor found on eBay.
Grenade Pouch: French grenade pouch, procured by a friend that does Endor trooper (he had an extra one and sold it to me). Unmodified but I may treat it with Canvak to darken and weather it a bit.
Back pouches (not seen in picture): British P58 pouches, comes as a pair, unmodified. I may Canvak these as well. The downside is that Canvak is extremely pungent, so there's that to consider.

Footwear: Reproduction WW2 US roughouts, treated with Sno-Seal for water repellency and to darken the leather. I used these because the toe and sole matched the screen-used boots.
Leggings: Swiss leather gaiters, unmodified.

Gun: Nerf blaster rifle, painted with gray Rustoleum automotive primer, then Rustoleum Metallic Silver, weathered with Rustoleum Flat Black by standing over the rifle and letting the paint "fall" in a mist over the metallic silver. Then, clear-coated with Rustoleum Automotive Clearcoat, then weathered again with Rustoleum flat black in areas where I wanted to show blast burn (barrel) and also flat rubber (stock and scope). Before painting, I disassembled the rifle to preserve the light-up effects.
Sling: Mosin-Nagant sling. The dog-collar attachment makes it easy to strap onto a blaster.

If I didn't already have a spare helmet sitting around, I would've gone with the soft cap version, to save money and my neck.

Let me know if you want links or have questions.

Troy
Jedi Twi Gham
Qui-Star Gon ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:43 am    Post subject: Rebel Alliance Scarif Marine sign up Reply with quote

I've been accepted but can't figure out where to sign up. This is a lot harder than it should be.
Thanks
Qui-Star Gon
pm07 (Shane)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
2018 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you trying to sign up for?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Rogue One All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: