Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=89398ad4e3de006995818f152af49e4bMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Scarif Trooper WIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Rogue One
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkwolf ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Scarif Trooper WIP Reply with quote

Hey guys.
I want to put together a Scarif Marine and look forward to sharing some progress here.

I have a few base things. I found a helmet that I would need to make a cover for and a jacket. I bought a vest cover from ebay, so would need to stuff it and change its colour. Chelsea boots avast! have some of those suckers too. Pictures later. I found a nerf rifle on sale and am hoping to file down some of the logos and the like and do a paint job on it to make it look right.

I have a few questions.
1. Pleats are my enemy here. Does anyone have a guide on how to do the pleats in the helmet cover / how do create the pleats for the sleeves of a jacket?

2. I found a pair of swedish style gaiters, but the gaiters had a massive zipper running down the back. Is this common for that style of gaiter - which I presume would mean covering the zip? or are there some out there that are zipperless?

Thanks!
Darkwolf
twhigham (Troy Whigham)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Celebration17 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe the helmet cover has pleats, just a padding that's sewn down. My advice is to buy two helmet covers and use one as a base and the other to create the padded center section.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tactical-PASGT-M88-Tan-Helmet-Cover-Military-Swat-Airsoft-Paintball-Combat-Gear-/361515738611?hash=item542c0465f3

Just cut away the Velcro attachment points and start from there.

Here are the gaiters I used.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SWISS-ARMY-SURPLUS-BLACK-LEATHER-GAITERS-CAMPING-MOTORCYCLE-SPATS-LEGGINGS/302463375690?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Rogue One All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: