Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=0482f5e2097a6b8417fdc53a91c3d5ecMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

TLJ Display Costume Reference Photos
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Luke Skywalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oraculo (Agustín)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Eric

Excellent photos. Currently we are doing a small update to the Costume. These photos are awesome. We are going to analyze them well.

Thanks for the collaboration

Yours!

Agustin
DCO KJO Detachment
•Detachment CO - KJO 2016 - 17
•Award: Rebel of the Year 2016
•Detachment CO - KJO 2015 - 16
•TCO Templo Pucará 2015-16
•Detachment CO - KJO 2014-15
•Detachment XO - KJO 2014-15
•RO Cruz del Sur Base 2013 -14
Rikh-Tar (Marcus)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Eric,

didn't mean to take away anything from your efforts!

erictank wrote:
They're saying it was a screen-used costume, not me. And even that doesn't mean that they might not have replaced one belt with another, very similar one, and still call it screen-used.

How much did they shoot for TFA and not use there, but come back to and decided to use for the same scenes in TLJ?
Even if they say, it's screen-used, it doesn't mean, they did. And if they say so, they of course get more publicity than if they said: It's just the costume from the Vanity Fair shoot Wink

To me, screen-used means, that we see it in the actual movie (which I don't see evidence for, yet) - or at least in deleted scenes. As long as we don't have that, to me personally, this particular belt in this arrangement is not screen accurate. Maybe it is that very belt and they attached the saber clip later for whatever reason. Maybe they intended to use it. But, based on my (or may I say: our) information, they did not. Again, that's only how I feel about it.

But maybe anywhere on the forums is already a general discussion about which references are valid and which are not Wink
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is possible that they accidentally switched the belts around. Even so these photos are great. Thanks! Very Happy

And thanks for the notes, too. Very detailed.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
FW54220 ()

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: TLJ Display Costume Reference Photos Reply with quote

erictank wrote:
Hello,

i try to create a document based on the CRL of Luke TFA with some details of pictures to make easier the work on the costume.

Can i use some of your photos?

Please do! I would very much like for our CRLs to have photo references. Use anything you need.[/quote]

thank's Smile

Old French fan, so forgive me for my poor english
FW54220 ()

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject: Question for some of the Judges Reply with quote

if a Judge read me, i have a question, important for me actually

There is a CRL named LUKE TFA, that i begin to follow for my preparation.

The collection of the Photos released by Erictank show the Costume of Luke worned by Mark Hamill in "The Last Jedi".
This is the same model he worned in "The Force Awakens" but there is perhaps some difference.

Can i based my Work In Progress for a Costume Luke TFA on some of theses pictures taken in the Smithsonian Museum?

Any advice will be welcome

thank's by advance

Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My advise would always be to base your build first and foremost on the screen references, and use the exhibition photos as back up/secondary references. Smile

Something in particular you have in mind?

FW54220 ()

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lora Skywalker wrote:
My advise would always be to base your build first and foremost on the screen references, and use the exhibition photos as back up/secondary references. Smile

ok for the screen references in first.

My questions when i see the costume in Mithsonian Museum :

- the boots, seem look different than suede, i see more cow leather in fact

- the stoles seem te be a little shorter than the vest. In the CRL, the stoles are longer.

- in the front of the shirt, near the collar, the part of the shirt "closed bib" (in the CRL) seem to be sewed with a few stiching points

- on the belt, near the leather pouche, it's seem to be a small metallic hook that don't appear on the photos of Luke TFA.

- for the claok, the CRL say "may not have any raw edges" that i understand as "all the edges must be with a hem". When i look the bottom edge of the cloak, near the boots, i see a big hem. But i can't see a hem on the vertical edges of the cloak.

And the last question, in TFA, Luke shows his mechanical hand but in TLJ, he has a leather glove.
For me, the "costume set" is the same as Luke in the end of TFA and in the beginning of TLJ is with the same costume. So i would like to know if i must have a mechanical hand only, a leather glove only or the both, the mechanicale hand + the leather glove.

Sorry for my english, i try to do the best with my old studies at school and with Google Translate.

thank's by advance for yours answers

FW54220 ()

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lora Skywalker wrote:

another question is the vertical hem which is shown on the back of the hood, on the costume of Mithsonian Museum.

I never see a similar hem on the photos of Luke TFA so i look for advice. Is-it possible to have a hem like that or no?

Thank's for yours answers

Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I will see what I can answer at this time.

Boots: current standard calls for suede or suede look. Cow leather? Perhaps. But I don't think there will be a change to the standard until we get clear images from TLJ. The most important thing is that the end result looks right.

Stole/tabards: We are now pretty sure it is a pair of tabards, so they may have positioned them slightly different on the mannequin.

Bib: Probably so. Again: as long as it looks right.

New hook: well, we know this wasn't there in TFA and the jury is still out regarding it for TLJ. Some TFA images also had a hook on the belt that wasn't there in the movie.

Cloak: Yes, it has hems all around. The front edges have very wide hems, at least 10 cm. Hood appears self-lined.

Mechanical hand/glove: You can now be approved with both or either. If someone is already approved with the mechanical hand, but want to add the glove, they can contact me or Kylo Ren to get the glove approved without sending in a second application.

FW54220 ()

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lora Skywalker wrote:
Okay, I will see what I can answer at this time.

thank's a lot for theses answers Smile

erictank ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, Rikh-tar - I wasn't taking it as any sort of attack or insult at all. No worries.

My best-guess on the belt's (and maybe the boots, now that I think about it?) screen-used provenance is that it was from the scenes where Luke was flashing back to his confrontation with Ben in the Temple. We saw that he was wearing that outfit during those scenes, and when he grabbed his saber to raise it to swing on Ben, he clearly unhooked it from the belt. He also did so on the right-hand side in front of the pouch, rather than the left side where the rivets were on the Ep7 version of the costume.

And then we didn't see that hook again until the end of the movie, on the really-dark-brown belt with the black-and-white outfit. Apparently he had another, very similar belt that he also used on his Master's outfit, and of course his Hobo belt was a different design in multiple ways. I was REALLY hoping to not need three different versions of this belt in two different colors...Confused

I still need to take a better look at the saber in those scenes, because the triangular ring on the ROTJ saber would not hang well at all on that (relatively-) wide triangular belt hook. Planning on going back again on Sunday to use a pass I got from the Smithsonian for a premiere event I volunteered for, I'll try to check it then. See if I can take some notes on the black and white costume, as well, but I'm not gonna commit to anything there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Luke Skywalker All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: