Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=48ea4b6d7efe974b0269bda350917b62Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Kenobi - ROTS and Clone Wars

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SenatorSnips (Jane Rosado)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:12 pm    Post subject: Kenobi - ROTS and Clone Wars Reply with quote

Hello all! Smile

With the beginning of the new year my boyfriend has decided he wants to join the legion aswell as Obi Wan Kenobi. More specifically his clone wars outfit(season 3,4 and 5, the less armoured one) and later on episode 3 aswell. Since I'll be the one to make his costume, I've done some research already, but haven't found a CRL for the season 3/4/5 version, only season 1/2. So I'm pretty much going by pictures and previous approvals. However his boots seem to be the same in that version of the clone wars and ep 3, am I right in assuming so? Currently I only found boots like that which are over 200 and a bit out of pricerange unfortunatly. I've found these and wonder if they could be approved with some modifications? hide the zipper, dye them the right color,....thoughts?

https://www.etsy.com/nl/listing/494575625/de-star-war-jediknight-obi-bleke-kenobi?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=obi wan kenobi boots&ref=sr_gallery_1

I'm also wondering about texture of the tunic. since its a cartoon, it's hard to tell if it's got that same 'wrinkle' texture his tunic has in the movie. Anybody know if that's required or not?

Thanks! Very Happy
Cobalt-60 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thoughts:

- I would question the words "polyurethane leather" (or PU leather),
because polyurethane is NOT leather. Razz LOL

- the style is good for obi-wan. and being synthetic,
you could probably paint/weather them with flexible acrylic paint to change the color.
(this works well on PVC(vinyl)boots; I'm not sure about polyurethane)

- the clone wars boots are quite tall. (being a cartoon).
so you'd have to make sure to get these made tall enough.

these boots say "custom made" and "send us your desired height" -- so that's definitely a GOOD thing. Cool
Assistant Membership Officer

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jane.

The boots aren’t too bad actually though it’s a shame that there is a seam down the middle of the spat. It shouldn’t be there but for the animated version it would be acceptable. I’d be interested to know though ( since they’re custom ) if they were able to leave the spat as one piece ( no seam ) ? If you ask and they can, please let us know Wink

As far as the fabric goes, whilst it is supposed to represent his movie tunic from episode three, you don’t really pick up the texture in any of the CW episodes so a non textured material is ok for the animated costume.

Good luck with the build.

" Another happy landing "
Shay Kenobi ()

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just having another look at the image, I can’t see the zip. They haven’t shown a photo of the back of the boot. If the zip runs down the back, it will change the assessment as external zips are only permitted on the inside of the leg. You would need to seek clarification of that before purchase.

" Another happy landing "
thehousejedi (Carl Grasso)
Active Legion Member

Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it looks like the spat is velcroed on and hides a front zipper. Much like the original movie boots except those were laced up behind the spats. I wonder how comfortable they would be over a long troop.
Hendu (Ben Henderson)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check again for the standard I wrote one that was approved and posted a few months ago, any help you need with this costume I'm more than happy to assist
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Obi-Wan Kenobi All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: