Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=5de20ae27450cce3b37426ac4de66157Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

I'm New! Hi from Greenville, SC!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Blue Ridge Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AlannaSkywalker (Alanna Tumblin)

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:41 pm    Post subject: I'm New! Hi from Greenville, SC!! Reply with quote

I joined the forum a long while back and I forgot my password and finally was able to log back on! But I am so ready to make a costume and come to events but I need help! Is anybody having a costume building party? I still don't have a clue how to make anything and I'm gonna need help! :-)
Amelia (Emily Haas)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Welcome!

I don't know of any upcoming costume building parties, but I'm good friends with some ladies who run various online build groups and could at least point you in the direction of people who can help. What's your costume goal? Your icon is Leia but I don't want to assume. Smile
AlannaSkywalker (Alanna Tumblin)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to do either Reys Last Jedi outfit and lightsaber or Princess Leia Senator from A New Hope! Whichever is easier in halls opinion and faster to make to start off with :-)
Amelia (Emily Haas)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't built either of those costumes, but I totally feel the "need help making costume" thing because that was totally me.

If you put build threads in the main forums here, I know the Rey judges are really active and good at giving feedback/help. I know one of the Rey judges and she's really nice and wants to help Reys who need help. I haven't ventured into the Leia section, but I'd assume it's pretty similar there. I've met one of the Leias in our base and she's amazing and super nice, and might also be a good resource. Basically, everybody wants to see you succeed.

There are also some groups on Facebook that are pretty active in answering questions (I built my Jyn through a similar group):

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1672721166338925/?fref=gc&dti=341692229360888&hc_location=ufi - Facebook group for building Rey costumes

EDIT - talked with one of the Rey admins who said to make sure you answer the screening questions (used to keep cosplayers safe). Wink

https://www.facebook.com/groups/118413528803579/?fref=gc&dti=341692229360888&hc_location=ufi ("Bun Squad") - Facebook group for building Leia costumes

I don't know anything about those specific costumes, but I can answer general questions like "how long do you have to cuss out a sewing machine for your average costume piece?" and "how much crying is normal to get top stitching to work?" :p
RebelScumDani (Danielle Phillips)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just finished Rey's Last Jedi "Battle" costume, and I can say the the Facebook group was absolutely indispensable. The tutorials, patterns, link to buy pieces...it was all there and made the process SO much more newbie-friendly (I had to teach myself to sew in the process. haha).

I haven't started the Leia project on my list yet, but the Bun Squad FB group has a lot of the same Rey members, so I can only imagine they'll be just as helpful! Let me know if I can be of any assistance!

And I'm in the Greenville/Spartanburg area as well, so welcome!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Blue Ridge Base All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: