Forum and Costume Controls

   FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=07ab83e9393f9f1a47ddab4a6071fc97Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

       
REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

A WIP for Delaware's First Chewbacca?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
CT90674 ()
Active Legion Member


Joined: 01 Mar 2016
Posts: 37

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hackle has been built. Going to try blending some hair this weekend, any advice? Ratios of colors, how much at a time?


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bacca9 (Jamie "Gingersnap")
Assistant Membership Officer
Assistant Membership Officer


Joined: 06 Oct 2011
Posts: 1594
Location: Ohio
Medals: 3 (View more...)
RL Trading Card Design Team (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES! A danger board!
_________________
"Let the Wookiee Win!" Dance Chewie

Rebel Legion: Bacca9
Apollo Base Commanding Officer
Legion Costume Judge
501st: TK-91107
Mandalorian Mercs: OM-1107
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CT90674 ()
Active Legion Member


Joined: 01 Mar 2016
Posts: 37

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We blended quite a bit of hair yesterday (pics coming soon) and no one cut themselves.............yet. So, definitely a win and saved myself $70 instead of buying one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CT90674 ()
Active Legion Member


Joined: 01 Mar 2016
Posts: 37

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone recommend a good build thread showing how to do the sounds? Where to mount speaker, etc.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Uffizzi (Norman Gugliotta)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 27 Dec 2015
Posts: 228

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CT90674 wrote:
Can someone recommend a good build thread showing how to do the sounds? Where to mount speaker, etc.


The amp/speaker that I have came with a strap that I wear around my neck, placing the speaker on my chest.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CT90674 ()
Active Legion Member


Joined: 01 Mar 2016
Posts: 37

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uffizzi wrote:
CT90674 wrote:
Can someone recommend a good build thread showing how to do the sounds? Where to mount speaker, etc.


The amp/speaker that I have came with a strap that I wear around my neck, placing the speaker on my chest.


Hey Norman!
Thanks for posting. I have an Aker amp that I have used for other costumes. I guess my follow up would be about how to match sounds to mouth movements and where to get the sound files.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Uffizzi (Norman Gugliotta)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 27 Dec 2015
Posts: 228

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Norman!
Thanks for posting. I have an Aker amp that I have used for other costumes. I guess my follow up would be about how to match sounds to mouth movements and where to get the sound files.

You are more than welcome! My amp is also an Aker, and matching sounds and mouth/head movements comes with practice. I purchased a sound glove from Etsy that came with the sound files. Hope this helps! MTFBWY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CT90674 ()
Active Legion Member


Joined: 01 Mar 2016
Posts: 37

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uffizzi wrote:
Hey Norman!
Thanks for posting. I have an Aker amp that I have used for other costumes. I guess my follow up would be about how to match sounds to mouth movements and where to get the sound files.

You are more than welcome! My amp is also an Aker, and matching sounds and mouth/head movements comes with practice. I purchased a sound glove from Etsy that came with the sound files. Hope this helps! MTFBWY


Is it this one?
https://www.etsy.com/listing/214956010/star-wars-sound-glove-up-to-300-seconds?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=sound%20glove&ref=sr_gallery-1-2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mleech77 ()
Active Legion Member


Joined: 21 Feb 2017
Posts: 76
Location: Haymarket, VA
Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a sound pad from The Blockade Runner Supply that is rather nice, 5 custom sounds on it, and then two buttons that will cycle through an addt'l 4 or 5 including the classic musical numbers you associate with Star Wars. I don't use those two buttons that often though.
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1727449077508231&ref=br_rs

If you're even remotely handy, that sound glove that you linked off of Etsy can be made for quite cheap on your own since you already have the Aker. A local Garrison Tyranus member has a great tutorial here if you want to give it a shot.
http://happytrooper.com/?p=5644
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CT90674 ()
Active Legion Member


Joined: 01 Mar 2016
Posts: 37

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mleech77 wrote:
I have a sound pad from The Blockade Runner Supply that is rather nice, 5 custom sounds on it, and then two buttons that will cycle through an addt'l 4 or 5 including the classic musical numbers you associate with Star Wars. I don't use those two buttons that often though.
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1727449077508231&ref=br_rs

If you're even remotely handy, that sound glove that you linked off of Etsy can be made for quite cheap on your own since you already have the Aker. A local Garrison Tyranus member has a great tutorial here if you want to give it a shot.
http://happytrooper.com/?p=5644


Great, I will check it out. I have dabbled in some electrical stuff so might give it a shot. Thanks!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Uffizzi (Norman Gugliotta)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 27 Dec 2015
Posts: 228

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CT90674 wrote:
Uffizzi wrote:
Hey Norman!
Thanks for posting. I have an Aker amp that I have used for other costumes. I guess my follow up would be about how to match sounds to mouth movements and where to get the sound files.

You are more than welcome! My amp is also an Aker, and matching sounds and mouth/head movements comes with practice. I purchased a sound glove from Etsy that came with the sound files. Hope this helps! MTFBWY


Is it this one?
https://www.etsy.com/listing/214956010/star-wars-sound-glove-up-to-300-seconds?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=sound%20glove&ref=sr_gallery-1-2


Yes, that’s the one that I ordered.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CT90674 ()
Active Legion Member


Joined: 01 Mar 2016
Posts: 37

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went ahead and ordered the sound glove since he was having a special for St. Pattys day. Saved $20
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CT90674 ()
Active Legion Member


Joined: 01 Mar 2016
Posts: 37

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So lots of progress in the last couple weeks.

Love this, can't wait to put it on over the completed top. Went with 9 large and 8 small boxes per the costuming guide.

Added 6 layers of foam to add a few more inches.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Uffizzi (Norman Gugliotta)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 27 Dec 2015
Posts: 228

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good- keep up the good work!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bacca9 (Jamie "Gingersnap")
Assistant Membership Officer
Assistant Membership Officer


Joined: 06 Oct 2011
Posts: 1594
Location: Ohio
Medals: 3 (View more...)
Star Wars Reads Day 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting closer! Keep it up Smile
_________________
"Let the Wookiee Win!" Dance Chewie

Rebel Legion: Bacca9
Apollo Base Commanding Officer
Legion Costume Judge
501st: TK-91107
Mandalorian Mercs: OM-1107
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can post calendar events in this forum
The Rebel Legion is a worldwide Star Wars costuming organization comprised of and operated by Star Wars fans. While not sponsored by Lucasfilm Ltd., it is Lucasfilm's preferred volunteer Rebel costuming group. Star Wars, its characters, costumes, and all associated items are the intellectual property of Lucasfilm. © 2018 Lucasfilm Ltd. & ™ All rights reserved. Used under authorization.


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group