Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=8fe7d9493e4008cda8b752b794f6442eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Bowcaster Requirements

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sicko ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 11:59 pm    Post subject: Bowcaster Requirements Reply with quote

Hi there,

Contemplating a Chewie, just trying to figure out the requirements for the bowcaster, can't find it in the OT chewbacca crl, I guess it would be considered an accessory. Can someone point me in the right direction or is it more of a "as long as it looks right" thing? Tried searching on the forums here but there's soooo many hits with bowcaster in it.

cheers!
gato ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine from Aaron Green at Premier Props. It is 3d printed and very affordable. Im not sure about the requirements of them though.
omel (Rommel)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, he bowcaster in the OT is basically the same in each episode except in ROTJ it has the bowstring seen. ( experts here can kindly correct me) Wink , there is usually a run on the OT bowcaster here. ( search marketplace) there are also great threads building very nice ones. http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=401, i presume since it is not a requirement for approval. there would be no fine details on the CRL for it.
montee916 ()

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another option if you are looking to build your own, is the threads on the RPF, or Replica Prop Forum. There's a bunch of useful info to be found on their site, with some of the best fan built casters I've seen.
Sicko ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the responses guys..I'm having a hard time locating reference photos of decent size to see what the paint job should be like and where to place the wiring (aka telephone cord) on the weapon itself..
Bacca9 (Jamie)
Assistant Legion Membership Officer
Assistant Legion Membership Officer

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Star Wars Reads Day 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there! The bowcaster is not required for approval, but you should talk to Jason Rucci of Wookiee Workshop, he made my kit Smile

Rebel Legion: Bacca9
Apollo Base Commanding Officer
Legion Costume Judge
501st: TK-91107
Mandalorian Mercs: OM-1107
The Wookiee Workshop ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So each movie the bow is a bit different. The main body is the same for sure, but different. Knobs dials and such are all over the place. Also the front ends are different from movie to movie. I wish I could share or post pics but I cant. But I can tell you there are some basic black and white photos floating on the internet of the ANH set up. Its not clear enough to tell exactly what it all is, but enough to give you the ideas. I do make bowcaster kits from time to time which are spot on accurate minus two parts. And if anyone can catch those two parts they know more about wookiees than most. lol
Sicko ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the responses guys, appreciate it! Will just do some digging, I think I found a kit but I need some telephone cord and to figure out how to attach it and worry about the paintjob. I think black with some drybushed metallics would be okay judging from the pictures I can find.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: