Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=54ee4ff452937c79350559e0c0b5553fMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Luke Skywalker ROTJ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Luke Skywalker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeekForFun ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:25 pm    Post subject: Luke Skywalker ROTJ Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I'm in the process of researching for a Luke Skywalker cosplay, (the Jabba's palace variation) and would be extremely grateful if anyone could point me in the right direction of finding the costume pieces.
Psab Keel ()

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clothears makes a really nice quality Luke ROTJ costume, though it is a bit pricey but the quality looks phenomenal.

I know Magnoli Clothiers also makes one but theirs is not totally screen accurate.

Part of what you will want to figure out is your budget and your time. Some of us make our own pieces and some pieces we buy, but it just depends on what you have in mind.

If you want links to some great fabric sources for this costume please let me know.
GeekForFun ()

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! I've now been in contact with Clothears and will definitely be using their costume.

A snag I've run into however is the Lightsaber. The only one that's not ridiculously out of my price range now is Saberforge, but I've told some horror stories about dealing with them in the past.

Would a 3D printed and painted replica of the hilt serve for an initial purpose at least until I have enough funds to purchase a better saber?
Psab Keel ()

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I would avoid Saberforge at all costs. There are far more reputable sabers smiths with better quality than them.

Congratulations on going with Clothears. I've studied their costumes for a while now. They have some gorgeous work.
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, a hilt is enough. You do not have to have a blade. Smile Just make sure the hilt is properly finished and looks real.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Luke Skywalker All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: