Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=7dc5b355af3b9dfec1fb490cd0c8e711Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Styling the mask

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronin677 ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:06 pm    Post subject: Styling the mask Reply with quote

I'm now styling my chewbacca mask and I am using extra strong hold hair spray. Just wondered how much hair spray you guys use before the hair starts to hold its position? I realise that this will be an on going grooming process but the thought popped into my head and I thought I'd ask
GotWookiee (Matt Pfingsten)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on the hair spray and how much hair you have.

My current mask hair is too long, so it takes a couple of sprits of fudge cement every couple of troops.

Fudge cement is the stuff you want. It's really the best.
Uffizzi (Norman Gugliotta)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My experience for styling the mask has been it is a combination of strategic use of thinning shears, a spray bottle of water, Fudge Hair Cement, which is da bomb!, and short brown hairpins.

With the Hair Cement, do a light spray, let it dry, then another light spray, and let that dry. Hope this helps. May The Force Be With You.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Chewbacca and Other Wookiees All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: