Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=eb95eb1f713840a1feee70330a445257Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Leather breather pouch build
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Jedi Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OddViking (Colin Adams)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the props, the pouches do appear to be the same height, just different widths.

Really happy to see your other pouches being made, I am starting on the narrow one as well.
RuiPinho ()

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today my breather pouch will be completed, I'll post pictures after work.

I'm really excited about this!

And thank you so much for the DYI. (I didn't follow all in here, but the biggest insight I've got from here)
OddViking (Colin Adams)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made the narrower version of the pouch! What I made is not quite as narrow as the reference, so I will call it a "medium" version. The narrow one is much more like a cylinder, and so will probably need a new pattern.

Adaptations from the breather pattern: The lines are steeper on the reference, so I did the grooves at a pure 45 degree angle instead of the shallower one for the breather pouch. I cut out 1 3/4" (4.45 cm) from the middle line on the patterns. I had to re cut the "bottom" area of the pouch that gets turned in to be more "round" rather than flat at one edge (at the center). This was because when I used the hole marking tool, there were fewer lines on the face piece (with the channels in it) than the bottom, so it wouldn't line up, and rounding out the bottom seemed to do just the trick. Because there is one snap, the flap that goes over the top is a little different, but look at the original narrow pouch for inspiration.

My new generic Jedi was just approved yesterday with these pouches (and one more flat-style that I got from these forums)!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Jedi Tutorials All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: