Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=b7cb3155ee8b7f617c833342fe9cfd5dMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Rogue One Mon Calamari Officers build

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders -> Rogue One
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tk2707 ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Rogue One Mon Calamari Officers build Reply with quote

Hi,
this is my build of the R1 Mon Cal officers (Shollan).
Please let me know your comments.
As references, I've followed the pictures of the costume taken from the movie, from the Rogue One: A Star Wars Story "Creature Featurette" in YouTube. For the back of the costume, as there is no picture in the movie, I followed the Admiral raddus back from the action figure (even for the admiral there are no pictures of the back as far as I know).
Now: I have a question as I submitted my pictures for the approval of my costume, but I have been said by the judge that " the problem now is that there is no view of the back of the costume. To approve any costume without a standard, the Rebel Legion charter does require a front to back and head to toe reference."
So my question is: is this costume unapprovable by default as there are no pictures of the rear? is it true also for the admiral raddus (even in that case there are no references of the back of the costume, excluding the action figure. I'm asking it because I'm doing that costume right now - I love the mon calamaris)? I guess there are many costumes that have the same problem, but they have been approved anyway. I'm confused...

Let me know your comments, please.

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Mirko

tk2707 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not properly the best place to seek advises or answers on costumes, the rebel legion forum.
RebelLady (Kristina Gundersen)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a link to the reference images I put together for a friend who did Raddus. Some of the other Profundity Mon Calamari are also visible, and if you make sure to click on the images themselves (don't take the thumbnails at face value) there are several back shots. Smile

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4xsXvnXAr7LWjZVWUdUaFlRaVE

I need to take a closer look at the reference images, but I think you'll want to look more closely at the knees. They look like they may have some of the same padded kneepad type detail that some of the the troopers do. Raddus's definitely do.
Sunrider Base Charity Officer 2016-18
-------------------------------------------------------
Mon Mothma, OT X-Wing Pilot, Willrow Hood, Resistance Officer, General Leia Organa (Raddus Bridge)
tk2707 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kristina for your answer and pictures, I already searched in star wars screencaps, but there are no pisctures of the back, I mean legs and lower back. For the vest, I'm persuaded it is very different from raddus (a single jump suit as you can presume in the picture of the visual dictionary I posted above instead a two pieces vest as worn by raddus). I think at this stage I will never find reference pictures.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders -> Rogue One All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: