Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=7347141dcd4dc2b6d7d0a9ba9a452484Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

PArmstr's Yavin Operations Officer (Rogue One)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders -> Rogue One
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PArmstr (Patricia Armstrong-Krauss)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject: PArmstr's Yavin Operations Officer (Rogue One) Reply with quote

I just saw that the CS for the Yavin Operations Officer (Rogue One) went online. Why in the world would the admins use a photo of Colonel Bandwin Cor? His rank is too high and he wears a Captain Antilles style jacket. That is so strange.

Well it is time for me to start my WIP. I have a pair of black Chelsea-style boots that a will fit with a pleather anklet-style cuff. I am making an olive belt out of PLCE webbing. I just finished taking of the golden stuff from the roll pin belt buckle. I hope to have some photos by tomorrow or the day after at the latest. I am going with a dark brown pair of BDU pants that I can also use for my signals intelligence technician.

The strangest thing happened to me today. I was lazy so I ordered a pair of Tru-Spec BDU pants in the size 5XL from the USA via EBay instead of sewing them myself. By the measurements of the size chart it should have been a tight fit. Oh Boy, I was into a surprise when I picked them up from the German customs. They were at least one perhaps two sizes too large. I have not had a pair of baggy pants in years. For the first time in my life I am actually hopping that something shrinks in the washing machine.

I am still looking for a good pattern for the shirt and the jacket that I can alter. I would love to hear some suggestions.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finished my belt today. I really dislike the PLCE webbing that I bought. It is too stiff. It was very difficult to work with. The PLCE belt that am using for the signals intelligence technician is much softer. I am not looking forward to making my resistance X-Wing pilot belt with the PLCE webbing. Is there a way to make it softer?

I also shorted the pants. I ran into a minor problem. The belt loops are too narrow. The belt does not fit through them. I will have to use the fabric that I took of the legs to make new belt loops.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided to go with the second belt option. My RFT ANH was approved with a rectangle belt buckle so I had to order a new belt with octagonal silver buckle for this costume. It arrived today and it looks very nice. I will also be using my DH-17 and my RFTs holster. I will start making a mock-up shirt very soon.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been working on my anklet cuffs. I made a paper and foam template. I have also ordered some black leather which arrived yesterday. It is very soft. I will add a foam part the make it stiff enough.

I also received a pair of 3XL rothco BDU pants in the color coyote which are not as baggy as my brown 5XL Tru-Spec BDU pants. I will take some photos after I have shorted the legs.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished the basic anklet cuffs. Know I have to figure out what I want to use for the greebies on the right cuff.

Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rank badge for my officer arrived today. I chose the color green for the Rebel Alliance Army service and the rank of Commander or Major, if you wear it upside down, so that I could make different costumes with the same rank badge.

These are the two officers, especially the one the top because he wears a RFT belt, I have in mind when creating my version of the officer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders -> Rogue One All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: