Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=a50ba243e6bbc6a45ba2702c009547e0Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

6/16/18 - Special Kids Family Picnic (SACRAMENTO)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (4)

(0)

(2)

User Registered Confirmed
Terran SSun Feb 18, 2018 3:54 pm
ObiWanCassieThu Feb 22, 2018 5:18 am
Saan WinduWed Jun 13, 2018 2:48 am
BradFri Jun 15, 2018 5:32 am
Pyroleon15Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:39 am
jedihunter117Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:33 pmFri Mar 02, 2018 12:11 am
Draeden Wren (Donald Wicks)
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Medals: 7 (View more...)
Star Wars Reads Day 2014 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:58 pm    Post subject: 6/16/18 - Special Kids Family Picnic (SACRAMENTO)
Event: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:00 am

Organization: Active 2030 International Sacramento Club #1

Event Name: Special Kids Family Picnic

Event Location: Fairytale Town
3901 land park drive
Sacramento, California

Event Date: ‪06/16/2018‬
Arrival Time: 230pm
Start Time: ‪3pm‬
End Time: ‪6pm‬

WebSite: ‪http://www.sac2030.info/events/benevolent-events/special-kids-family-picnic/‬

Number of Attendees: Not specified
Minimum Characters: 5
Maximum Characters: 20

RSVP By Date: 6/15/18

All Blasters and Lightsabers OK

Secure Changing/Storage: Yes

All Rebel Legion Character Costumes Welcome.

Event Description: Every year for the last 36 years our club has put on a picnic for children with special needs. Your group has participated in the past and of course were a major hit with the kids. We would be honored to have you again.

Contact Name: Aaron Clowes
Contact Phone: ‪916-640-7839‬
E-Mail: ‪aclowes@sac2030.org‬

Last edited by Draeden Wren (Donald Wicks) on Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
jedihunter117 (Patrick Gallardo)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:28 pm    Post subject: problems with Fairy Tale Land Reply with quote

im gonna wait on more info from the event host, the last few events were disasters with the changing room, worst case was the Halloween in hyperspace, the changing room was not secure and both 501st and RL got the boot out of the changing area without any notice prior to the event. We were told that it was to be ours the entire troop but that was not the case when we were told last second mid troop that there was a dance crew who was going to take over the changing space. This venue needs to get their facts straight before requesting us. This has also happened on May 4ths troop in 2017 on star wars day same scenario. I recommend contacting the event host to make sure there are not going to be any surprises.
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

2013 Christmas Toys for Tots Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That’s all well and good but considering this is for kids with special needs, I would hope that people can suck it up and Troop this one. I, for one, can’t understand how people can turn up their noses to an event that benefits kids and families who have a pretty hard time.

I will certainly confirm with them about our changing room, but that should not be a factor when an event like this comes up.
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rebel Legion was given prior notice about the situation. I can't speak for 501st of course.
Changing room security was unorthodox, but, in my view, adequate. The entire building was locked and available to the costumers except during shows, and during the shows employees were present to protect our gear. Tons of food was provided all three days.
On the first day there was a crummy back-to-back schedule of two shows, but the following two days went fine.
I found the staff to be very attentive, helpful, and grateful.

I have since *heard* that there have been poor experiences with them in the past, but personally, I found the inconveniences to be minor.

Edit: I should have said; RL was given notice ASAP that the organizers boss had changed the room situation by booking performers, (rather than simply saying we were "given notice")
Larirenshadow ()
Base Membership Officer

Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a troop there and, like Terran and Don said, it was fine. We were told what was going to happen. I wasn't there the first night but first nights for everything is always rough with last minute changes.

It's a great organization and a fantastic trooping opportunity.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draeden Wren wrote:
That’s all well and good but considering this is for kids with special needs, I would hope that people can suck it up and Troop this one. I, for one, can’t understand how people can turn up their noses to an event that benefits kids and families who have a pretty hard time.

I will certainly confirm with them about our changing room, but that should not be a factor when an event like this comes up.

its not that CCG does want to do events here anymore its just three bad experiences that have plagued this venue, the host was always very kind to us but it was his boss that kept messing things up last second.
ObiWanCassie (Cassie)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fairytale town has a special place in my heart since I went there as a kid, I’ll be there as TLJ Rey Smile

Rebel Legion: Endor Base Regional Captain
JohnstonMR (Michael Johnston)
Active Legion Member

Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ObiWanCassie wrote:
Fairytale town has a special place in my heart since I went there as a kid

Same; I'll be there in Jedi gear.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:37 pm    Post subject: confirmation of changing area Reply with quote

Hi Don I have an update on the changing area... I am the new Garrison Events Coordinator for CCG in the sacramento area and confirmed the changing room as King Arthurs Castle, it will be blocked off for both RL and the 501st... This should solve the issues we have had in the past and I have told the event host to keep me updated if any changes are to be made. I will be there with Ivan as a 501st member wearing Kylo Ren
Endor Base CO
Endor Base CO

Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:33 pm    Post subject: FOOOOOOD Reply with quote

So the venue is providing Water, Soda, Gatorade along with Burgers and or Hotdogs for the troopers and handlers, its gonna be a warm day so please hydrate the night before and throughout the morning so no one passes out. for the most part this place has alot of shaded areas.

Patrick Gallardo
501st Legion CCG
Garrison Events Coordinator
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: