Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d29dd9f261733be7ecbc6fef1279e403Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Heart Transplant Patient 2/19/18 (Aurora)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mountain Base -> Mountain Base Members Only -> Mountain Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hen(Tai) (Loren)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:41 pm    Post subject: Heart Transplant Patient 2/19/18 (Aurora) Reply with quote

Event Name: Heart Transplant Patient Visit

Event Description: A patient at University of Colorado Hospital in Aurora just received a heart transplant and his story touched our heart here at Denver Comic Con/Pop Culture Classroom. He is a middle school teacher in Pueblo, and girls basketball coach. He has a young son, whom they named after a Star Wars character, and his room was decked out with Star Wars things. This beloved teacher was healthy and started having what he thought were simple respiratory problems. He went into his doctor and fast forward two weeks and was being told he needed a heart transplant. Maculously last week, he received a call that he had a heart, and is now recovering in ICU. The hospital couldn't believe it; sometimes their patients are there for months and months before they get that call. UCHealth has some wonderful partnerships as the official healthcare partners of all the major sports teams in Denver and a few others up North and South in Colorado. When he was asked what him and his wife love to do, he said they are a self-proclaimed
a family of nerds and they go to Denver Comic Con every year, they just love it. We offer opportunities to sporting events, but Comic Con is really his heart and soul.

So, we're working with UCHealth to put together a surprise for him. DCC 2018 Speed Passes for the whole family, DCC swag and (if possible) visits from members of the 501st and Rebel Legion.

Event Date: February 19, 2018

Start Time: 11:00 am

End Time: 12:00 pm

Event Address:
University of Colorado Hospital on the Anschutz Medical Campus
12605 E 16th Ave, Aurora, CO 80045
Aurora CO 80045

Secure Dressing Area: Yes

~~~More Details As They Come~~~
Hen(Tai) (Loren)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 4 (View more...)
Celebration17 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can attend!
darthhair (Jeff Rodriquez)
Mountain Base XO
Mountain Base XO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Colorado Wildfires 2012 Relief Award (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can do this as well as a pilot

If anyone who hasn't trooped one of these wants to go I am willing to back out to share the experience. It's a bank holiday so other members may be able to attend.
https://www.facebook.com/DHPFX
darthhair (Jeff Rodriquez)
Mountain Base XO
Mountain Base XO

Medals: 3 (View more...)
Philippines Typhon Relief (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna have to back out but Kim can go in my place.
https://www.facebook.com/DHPFX
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Mountain Base -> Mountain Base Members Only -> Mountain Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: