Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=3a2864eb37dee02ef78eaf167246ad2fMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Ahsoka s3-5 WIP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Ahsoka
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeybells ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:56 pm    Post subject: Ahsoka s3-5 WIP
Event: 04 Mar 2018

So gang, I need some advice on my 3-5 so far. My first go at 3-5 Ahsoka was rushed and I was going for a more realistic look, along the lines of the black series which was fun but now i want to make it actually viable for RL. i've remade a lot since my first go but i definitely have a long way to go!

Here is the first costume (L) and the current wip (R)-

And the current one from a few angles -

The tabard-

My lovely sabers-

And my bracers -

I’m redoing:
the headpiece
the belts
belt buckle
making the armbands out of the dress fabric (and properly fit!)
making the gloves match the dress, adding in the grey elbow guard thing

Progress on where the belts will sit -

And progress on the dress with a structured collar -

But I wondered as well what you guys thought of the skin tone I’ve gone for, and the colour of the dress/leggings/bracers/spats? And any other general feedback on it that you think needs changing or fixing etc? I now finally have actual lightsabers so that will also help with the overall look. As this is my first RL attempt (in the making) i'm worried about getting all the details right and i see a fair amount of variation in tone on the dress, so i think that's my biggest concern.

I liked having the ‘skin’ rather than body paint, as I am a special flower with sensitive skin, and would rather do that for the arms/dress cut outs/legging pattern. I’m concerned that the colouring right now though is too orange?

I also wondered how people get the diamond cut outs to stay in shape. mine are currently lined in wire but they still stretch out, as it's jersey leggings, would it be worth adding some kind of structural fabric around the cut outs?

Any feedback would be amazing, i'm starting my headpiece this week and i'm super excited to get going with this costume again!

Amadalia gunship ahsoka
Doodlepony ()

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks awesome! ahsoka
GigglingGothGirl (Kelly Hawthorne)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there, while I'm not an LCJ I am an approved Ahsoka I'd like to offer any help that I can
Also, to my knowledge I am the first Ahsoka approved using the fabric method (my personal fave) not sure if you saw my WIP at all.

So right off the bat, I think it looks good overall but there are some things you may need to change for approval.
I think your tabbard may be the wrong colors so that may need to be fixed.
I believe that the front keyhole of the dress may also be too large for approval
Some minor fit adjustments on the armbands would be what I recommend.
Also the gauntlets: the gloves on the hands are also maroon same material as the gauntlets. and the "patch" on the elbow is brown I'm not sure if that's brown IRL but in the photos it looks black.
The leggings may need some more shaping, I'd suggest using "featherlight boning" around the edges (I'm in the process of making a tutorial for mine which will be up in the next few weeks if that'll be helpful)
Belts also may need some fit adjustments they should be a smooth curve at the sides other than that: food caps, and covertech clips and they should be okay.
The dress I feel like may need to be made longer, as is should cover your entire bottom but it looks like it's too short.
Any questions let me know
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Ahsoka All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: