Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=25251397d06c5b84575d65819f58a3bcMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

[New] Han Solo - Solo: A Star Wars Story
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> DB94 Standards Development -> DB94 New Standards In Progress
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptainoftheFalcon ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:49 pm    Post subject: Solo Jacket Reply with quote

It's states in the run down that:

"Han’s jacket appears to be a tan suede and dark brown suede panels at the shoulders and contrast stitching." and "The back of the jacket features
a black or dark brown suede yoke"

So do we believe that the "suede panels at the shoulder" on the front don't just flow over the shoulder into the "suede yolk" on the back of the jacket?
Cookiedala ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently trying to finish a Solo for significant other to wear to the Solo events, any clues as to the size of the blood stripes?
kman ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cookiedala wrote:
I'm currently trying to finish a Solo for significant other to wear to the Solo events, any clues as to the size of the blood stripes?

Visually, I'd say it's the same size as ANH/ESB.
Assistant Membership Officer

Medals: 3 (View more...)
TFA LFL Red Carpet World Premiere (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBLZ8-xXVO0

LMO 501st Legion
ALMO Rebel Legion
Kylo Ren (Dawn Bright)

Medals: 3 (View more...)
TFA LFL Red Carpet World Premiere (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The panels at the shoulders are black.

LMO 501st Legion
ALMO Rebel Legion
CaptainTightpantsCosplay ()
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay having seen the costume in person, here are some changes to my observations. (measurements are meant to be a guide for proper ratios)

Jacket – Han wears a tan jacket with black contrast panels at the shoulder
1. Han’s jacket appears to be a tan suede and BLACK suede panels at the shoulders and contrast stitching.
2. The Jacket is waist length
3. The front of the jacket features
a. a placket approximately 1.5 ” wide
b. a panel directly next to the placket approximately 1.5” wide featuring a pen pocket, 5.5" long and a hem approximately 2.75” from the bottom,
i. The Pen Pocket has a mitered corner and a hem approx. 1.75” from the top
ii. There is a rectangular stitch detail (1.25" x.5") about 1/4” above the pen pocket overlapping the placket
c. Another panel divided horizontally at the shoulder into a black suede shoulder patch.
i. The lower half of the panel features an inset slash pocket with an approximately 1” welt.
ii. The Left front panel features a greeblie or id badge cut-out. (1.5 x 2.625)
iii. There are two rectangular stitch details, on just above the hem line and the other about 5/8” of below the bottom of the pen pocket (1.25" x.5")
4. Seams are topstitched with lighter tan contrast stitching
5. The jacket has a mandarin collar approximately 2” in length.
6. The Jacket features a (3" x?) utility pocket with a 2" flap on the right arm.
7. The sleeve features a topstitched back seam and approximately 4” cuffs and an angled seam detail on the underside of the sleeve.
8. The back of the jacket features
a. A black suede yoke
b. Tucks on either side of the back with adjustable buckles/straps
c. A center seam
d. A waistband approximately 3” from the bottom

Shirt
1. Faded black or charcoal smuggler style long-sleeved shirt worn tucked into the pants.
a. Front has a rectangular bib with seams on the bottom and both sides which continue down to bottom of hem.
b. The corners on the upper sides of the bib open diagonally, creating flaps when open.
c. The inside of the top panel of the bib appears to made of a darker black contrast material than the shirt
d. The shirt appears to have a manadarin collar the same material as the inside bib panel.

Pants
1. Dark Navy to Midnight pocketless fitted pants with accurate bloodstripes
a. bloodstripes appear to be printed or heat transfer brick vinyl
b. The bloodstripes are red in color with a dark brown or black wash to darken them.
c. The pants are a wool material.
d. Bloodstripes are applied to a strip of material and then applied to the pants rather than applied directly.

Belt
1. Black leather belt punctured entirely with rows of three holes and a two-prong buckle

Boots
1. Black equestrian-type knee-high boots with No visible zipper on the boots
a. The boots feature a a buckle on the outside of the boot extending from the back to the front.

Gunbelt
2. Accurate leather gunbelt and buckles with UNCAPPED holster, correct tools and proper droid caller. The gun belt is similar in configuration to the ANH gun belt except
a. It features, only four sets of snaps rather than six on the back.
b. The "sparklet" belt tool is silver rather than green
c. Holster is uncapped.
d. There is a keeper on the leg strap
e. Buckles are of slightly different dimensions. Most notably, the top and bottom sides of the front buckle are equal in length as opposed the the bottom being slightly shorter on the ANH buckle. The Back buckle is generally wider than the ANH back buckle.

Last edited by CaptainTightpantsCosplay () on Tue May 29, 2018 2:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
kman ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree that the yoke/top panels of the jacket are black. It's VERY close to black, but there is definitely a blue hue. I took a ton of photos of the screen-used costume on display today IN NATURAL LIGHT, and it shows this clearly.

Similarly, the "smuggler style long-sleeved shirt" is not "Faded black or charcoal". Only the interior (exposed on the folded down bib portion) appears to be faded black or charcoal. The main shirt is distinctly blue. Again, I have a TON of photos if you would like to see proof.

I haven't verified any measurements, but otherwise I think I overall agree with everything else.
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree with your disagreement having seen it with my naked eye. Black suede will have blue hues in different light. Blue is generally used in the dye batches for black suede, frankly black leather all together. Cool lighting will bring up the blue tones in black suede. Warm lighting will bring up brown tones. All of this is evident in the photos released.

Here is black suede under natural light

Here it is under a cool lighting

Here it is under warm lighting.

I further disagree that the shirt is blue, it looks more grey to the naked eye. There are blue tones, as well. So maybe it's kind of a slate?

kman wrote:
I disagree that the yoke/top panels of the jacket are black. It's VERY close to black, but there is definitely a blue hue. I took a ton of photos of the screen-used costume on display today IN NATURAL LIGHT, and it shows this clearly.

Similarly, the "smuggler style long-sleeved shirt" is not "Faded black or charcoal". Only the interior (exposed on the folded down bib portion) appears to be faded black or charcoal. The main shirt is distinctly blue. Again, I have a TON of photos if you would like to see proof.

I haven't verified any measurements, but otherwise I think I overall agree with everything else.
kman ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it with my naked eye, as well. Under natural sunlight, not artificial lighting.

I still say blue. *shrug*

I'd agree that black suede dye tends to have a lot of blue in it, though. So I could honestly see either black OR a VERY dark blue being used. Definitely not any sort of medium blue.
Corellian Base CO
Corellian Base CO

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So where are we standing now on the color of the contrast panels?
BCPhoto94 ()

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all! This is going to be my first RL costume! Smile I've been doing lots of research and a friend of mine who is working on a Qi'ra costume sent me this link with tons of good high res stuff of Han's costume! https://www.flickr.com/photos/154476314@N03/sets/72157696514600834
M-dub ()

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey all,

I am working on assembling (my first costume) a Solo costume and was wondering what anyone thinks of the outfit I found.

Also, if you scroll to the bottom of the product pages, they have listed that the item "Meets Rebel Legion Formal Requirements"; which I didn't think would be possible since it doesn't look like they have been published yet.

Anyway, if interested, the item links are below.

Jacket
http://www.magnoliclothiers.com/solo-suede-jacket-wl-custom-made-leather-jackets-by-magnoli-clothiers-p-818.html

Shirt
http://www.magnoliclothiers.com/smuggler-shirt-black-grey-shirts-p-844.html

Gloves
http://www.magnoliclothiers.com/falcon-gloves-p-271.html

Pants
http://www.magnoliclothiers.com/military-trousers-pants-p-345.html

Boots
https://www.magnoliclothiers.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=solo+boots
gellendros (Joe Forsythe)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the answer in regards to the pants? Which pair of pants should one go with? I am working on this costume and the pants are my next piece to work on.
ROTS Anakin Skywalker
RoTJ Luke Skywalker
Knights of the Jedi Order
Wretched Hive
kman ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gellendros wrote:
What is the answer in regards to the pants? Which pair of pants should one go with? I am working on this costume and the pants are my next piece to work on.

What is the question regarding the pants? Other than the new bloodstripes, they're very simple. Straight up dark blue pants. No pintuck seam, no riding seam. Normal jeans-style belt loops, nothing othersize or odd.

It's the brick vinyl bloodstripes that are tough.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kman wrote:
gellendros wrote:

What is the question regarding the pants? Other than the new bloodstripes, they're very simple. Straight up dark blue pants. No pintuck seam, no riding seam. Normal jeans-style belt loops, nothing othersize or odd.

It's the brick vinyl bloodstripes that are tough.

My question is which pants go with the suede jacket? The blue with red blood stripe or the black with grey/tan blood stripe?
ROTS Anakin Skywalker
RoTJ Luke Skywalker
Knights of the Jedi Order
Wretched Hive
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> DB94 Standards Development -> DB94 New Standards In Progress All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: