Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d6713378e5e5895296f0177161a9bd43Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

general questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Rogue One
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonathansams (Jonathan Sams)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
2017 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:57 pm    Post subject: general questions Reply with quote

ok, so im a little confused about what the REQUIRED combos are. If I want the m79 vest, I HAVE to have the Gorka and the M1 Helmet? Is this because that is the only way it is seen in the movie? Also has anyone been able to find the helmet covers in Tan, or have you guys made your own? Ive been looking for a couple of days and cant find them in plain Tan. What about the regular hip and back pockets on the pants, do they need to be sewn shut, leaving only the thigh pockets functional? I know im coming late to the party on this one, but I want to do it right
jthatcher (Jim Thatcher)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can answer your questions. With regard to headgear, you can choose which one you want. If you want to wear the soft cap with the gorka, go ahead. If you want to wear the M1 with the open-backed vest, that's cool too. There's not a restriction on what head gear goes with what torso combination. There is a restriction on the torso combinations. The US grenade vest can only be worn with the gorka. The Cassian-style flak vest can only be worn with the field jacket. The anorak can only be worn with the open-backed vest.

I made my own helmet cover from scratch using some advice from this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpwjKFcJvDE. I did not do the pleats for the ribbed section like she did and just sewed lines across it because its more accurate. There are some available for purchase from etsy too.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/584616871/star-wars-rogue-one-rebell-helmet-cover
-or-
https://www.etsy.com/listing/526782641/rogue-one-rebel-helmet-soft-cover

You don't need to sew and pants pockets shut either. Hope that helps!

Jim Thatcher
R.A.I.D. Endor Commando, Rebel Marine (Scarif) - 307th Desert Rats
C.O.R. Captain Rex - Anooba Squad
jonathansams (Jonathan Sams)
Active Legion Member

2017 Dragon Con Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK YOU SIR! I have always been amazed at how SW films want to dress folks in WINTER gear in very HOT climates. I mean who wears a PARKA, or a heavy jacket or an Anorak on what is essentially a Tropical planet, lol....that is sure not gonna be comfortable here in Atlanta in Summer time.... The other question I have is about the pouches on the belt. Which of those are required, or are they all optional and interchangeable, and what kind of pouches are worn on the back of the belt? I have seen different combinations. I am planning on getting the thigh pouch. Again, I apologize for so many questions
Toda ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very true about wearing very warm clothing in very hot climates!!!

jonathansams wrote:
THANK YOU SIR! I have always been amazed at how SW films want to dress folks in WINTER gear in very HOT climates. I mean who wears a PARKA, or a heavy jacket or an Anorak on what is essentially a Tropical planet, lol....that is sure not gonna be comfortable here in Atlanta in Summer time.... The other question I have is about the pouches on the belt. Which of those are required, or are they all optional and interchangeable, and what kind of pouches are worn on the back of the belt? I have seen different combinations. I am planning on getting the thigh pouch. Again, I apologize for so many questions

"Any pilot who volunteers to fly an A-wing better be brave or crazy. Probably helps to be a little of both."
―General Han Solo
jthatcher (Jim Thatcher)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonathansams wrote:

All are optional. You can go with no pouches if you like.

Some troopers are using the greek thompson mag pouches on the back of the belt with the two tubes in it.

Others are wearing these: https://www.surplusandoutdoors.com/shop/army-surplus-uk/58-pattern-webbing/double-kidney-pouch-genuine-58-258939.html.

Jim Thatcher
R.A.I.D. Endor Commando, Rebel Marine (Scarif) - 307th Desert Rats
C.O.R. Captain Rex - Anooba Squad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Alliance Infantry Detachment -> Rogue One All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: