Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=cc92e6cfb28775152200cc40db75fa14Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

6/30/18 - 7/4/18 Marin County Fair
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (14)
 6 slots left to register.
 (3)
 17 slots left to register.
 (0)
 20 slots left to register.
User Registered Confirmed
KitfoxThu Apr 05, 2018 4:33 pm
JedHeadMon Apr 23, 2018 6:01 am
TelariTue Apr 24, 2018 10:54 am
TC5523Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:17 pmFri Apr 27, 2018 4:18 pm
Anasian SkywalkerTue May 01, 2018 7:44 pm
RicknerdvarroWed May 02, 2018 1:39 am
rhythmichighSat May 19, 2018 3:09 am
SunReySun May 27, 2018 9:45 pm
Dark WinduThu May 31, 2018 8:17 am
anthony tk-10018Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:19 pmWed Jun 13, 2018 4:19 pm
LarirenshadowThu Jun 14, 2018 2:36 am
Lebo1138Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:51 am
ObiWanCassieThu Jun 28, 2018 12:46 am
Kay_DeeSun Jul 01, 2018 2:08 am
PhavorianneTue Apr 10, 2018 1:00 am
ShreySat May 19, 2018 4:59 am
Jillian HyperionSun Jun 03, 2018 3:45 am
Kitfox (Karen Katich)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)
South Carolina Relief Badge (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:14 am    Post subject: 6/30/18 - 7/4/18 Marin County Fair
Event starting Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:00 am for 5 days

Event: Marin County Fair
Venue: Marin Civic Center Fairgrounds
Address: 10 Avenue of the Flags, San Rafael, CA
Event Start: 06/30/2018
Event End: 07/04/2018
Time: 11am - 7pm

Secure Changing Area: Yes
Blasters, Weapons, & Lightsabers: Yes Authorized.

EVENT SIGN UPS:
Please post comments in this thread with the days/shifts you are signing up with and which costumes.
There is no longer any need to e-mail Tami your information.
IN ADDITION In order to be let into the fair and park in our designated parking area, you will need to add your *full real name* and sign up for shifts in this google document: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1o5QNhyG5FfVirO6RBRzlaZauKgOVfTdLKKy20mkjN_M/edit#gid=124527736

Comments:

This is the longest running (Going on 14 years now), and arguably our best attended event of the year (both in terms of number of folk's visits from fans as well as the number of GGG & RL members attending). Due to the ever growing amount of people and characters, the added extra handlers for personnel is appreciated. The Display Area is provided by a GGG & RL member. If anyone wishes to assist as a display monitor and crowd control handler, they may sign up as handler for that. Priority goes to the safety and security of our characters first and foremost. But any assistance with crowd control of the Character Displays is appreciated for handling purposes. GGG will not be participating, so you will be required to provide your own handler. If you can not find one, notify Tami Ashford and we will try to get a helper for you.

This invite to participate has been extended to: Rebel Legion, R2 Builders Group, Central California Garrison, and Mandalorian Merks.

Even though the the GGG is not officially participating, you are welcome to wear either Imperial, Rebel, or both.

Members are authorized Blasters, Lightsabers, and Prop Weapons. 501st, GGG, & RL rules are in effect in that regards. For MC Fair preference, no blaster or prop weapon is to be pointed at any patron.

Event is in an indoor air conditioned exhibition hall. Character appearance time frame is from 11am to 7pm, Saturday June 30th - Wednesday July 4th. There will be (4) shifts available: 11am - 1pm, 1pm - 3pm, 3pm - 5pm, 5pm - 7pm. You may sign up for any or all shifts on any day. We would like to ensure that the display floor has character coverage at all times, and ask that members attending be considerate and stagger breaks accordingly so as to not leave the display floor without a character.

Some members have walked outside the Exhibit Hall to greet guests and invite them in to see the display area. Be advised, that due to recent world events and for security purposes, it is highly recommended that any helmeted member that ventures outside the building have an non helmeted member or handler with them. Fair security should be notified first, should any member wish to walk the fair in costume (especially required if member is carrying a blaster or prop weapon)! Patrons may not be aware of our attendance at the fair, except those in the Display Exhibit Area. We do not wish to have any member be considered an unknown threat in any way. Please advise Mike Morris, Karen Katich, or Tami Ashford if you decide you wish to walk the fair in costume!

Free parking and entrance will be provided to those who attend *in costume* as well as officially designated Handlers & Photographers.
There is a large secure changing break room for our exclusive use. It is equipped with tables, chairs, mirror, as well as water and snacks.
Food voucher is provided for all designated participants to use at the selected food vendor.

This is considered a formal event, meaning while in public view, members should remain in character (refrain from removing buckets, masks, or walking around with flipped up visors). The dressing room/break room is very close to the exhibit should the need arise to remove your helmet. Note that we generally try to take a Group Photo at the Display Area once a day. This is a "Buckets ON" photo. To maintain the character, we will not do any "Buckets OFF" in the public view.

Before or after your shift or during breaks, you are free to roam and enjoy the fair. Most fair rides and attractions are free. There are nightly fireworks over the lagoon. Break room doors are locked each night. Be aware, it is a secure room, but security of personal belongings is also your own responsibility.

We are typically understaffed on weekdays and 4th of July. We realize that we are all volunteers and time away from work or family can be limited. So as an added incentive for those that can attend on July 4th, an extra pass will be given to those members for a friend or family member. This is for the 4th of July ONLY. Advance notice is required for the person's name attending.

Access to the fair (pass into the fair) will be via a list of names given to the Gate Security the morning of each day of the event. Please ensure that all names for any given day, is received no later than the night before. List of names or last minute attendance should be given to Tami Ashford (email: jarjarbinksgirl@hotmail.com, phone: 925-808-8359). She will be providing the list to Gate Security each morning. RSVP for this event is:Wednesday June 27th. .

We would like to have multiple of "Hero" characters for each day. Having two Vader's, Boba Fett, Kylo, Rey, Leia, etc, would allow those characters more of a break, while the other then takes over.

DROID Owners: There is huge demand for droids. There is special Droid Room that the Fair builds for us to allow the Droids to be Stored there. This is a locked room specific for the Droids, located there behind a curtain at the exhibit display room.

**Opening Day / Ribbon Cutting***
We recommend attending in costume for the Ribbon Cutting - Opening Day Ceremony (just prior to the Fair's Official Opening) from 10am-11am on Saturday June 30th. Each year we are asked to "roam" the crowds outside the gates and mingle with the guests.

Kids Day is also Saturday June 30th. Kids 12 and under get in free. There are lots of kids! So again, handlers for our costume members are highly encouraged!

You can post, email, text, or call (Mike Morris 650-218-7412) with any questions/comments/suggestions you may have.

This event started 14 years ago with a Creatures & Models Display.

Alternate contact for this event is:

Karen Katich (925-265-3046)
Tami Ashford (925-808-8359)

We look forward to see you all there at the Fair!

Sincerely,

Princess Leia
Queen Amidala
Jedi Kitfox
Maris Brood
ObiWanCassie (Cassie)
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iím interested! I can attend at TLJ Rey

Rebel Legion: Endor Base Regional Captain
Kitfox (Karen Katich)
Active Legion Member

Celebration17 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone interested in attending, please send an email to Tami Ashford:
jarjarbinksgirl@hotmail.com

Please post:
your real name
your club member name
what dates you plan to attend: June 30, July 1, July 2, July 3, July 4.
what time shifts you can attend:
11am-1pm, 1pm-3pm, 3pm-5pm, 5pm-7pm.
What character / costume you plan to wear. If planning to wear multiple characters, please list associate time frame so that we can accommodate multiple of same characters in order to share the character time.

If you plan to attend on July 4th, and wish to bring a guest, please include their name as well.

Display set up is on June 29th. Tear down is on July 5th. If you wish to help out, please let us know!

Thanks much!

Karen Katich
Amadalia
JedHead (Matt Tolosa)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Silver Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since its the 35th anniversary of Return Of The Jedi, you know what costume Iíll bring. 😉

Been doing this event for years, and its probably the longest (and most fun troops) of the year - free parking, food, snacks, rides, music, and fireworks!

http://endorbase.org/

In Loving Memory of Chanel Vanecek, aka "Padme_Skywalkr" (Feb. 7, 1980 - Oct. 25, 2003) xoxo
http://endorbase.org/members.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Telari (Sarah Adams)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chewie and Jedi Telari will be there! Can I bring a handler for Chewie?

"I'd rather kiss the Wookie."
Kitfox (Karen Katich)
Active Legion Member

Celebration17 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Telari wrote:
Chewie and Jedi Telari will be there! Can I bring a handler for Chewie?

Yes, absolutely! Thanks for asking! Just be sure to send your name and your handlers name to Tami Ashford at: jarjarbinksgirl@hotmail.com

That way we can ensure you are both on the Security Gate Entrance list.

Looking forward to seeing you and Chewy there!

Karen
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

CVI Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE:

EVENT SIGN UPS:
Please post comments in this thread with the days/shifts you are signing up with and which costumes. (This is so command staff can track participation Smile )
IN ADDITION you will need to add your name and sign up for shifts in this google document: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1o5QNhyG5FfVirO6RBRzlaZauKgOVfTdLKKy20mkjN_M/edit#gid=124527736

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes

Last edited by Kay_Dee (Kathy) on Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Telari (Sarah Adams)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay_Dee wrote:
UPDATE:

EVENT SIGN UPS:
Please post comments in this thread with the days/shifts you are signing up with and which costumes. (This is so command staff can track participation Smile )
IN ADDITION you will need to add your name and sign up for shifts in this google document: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1o5QNhyG5FfVirO6RBRzlaZauKgOVfTdLKKy20mkjN_M/htmlview

I tried to enter my information on the google doc but it wont let me.

Kitfox (Karen Katich)
Active Legion Member

Paris Support Badge (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll check with Tami as she created it. I think she made a new one or new link. I'll repost it here.

Karen
Kay_Dee (Kathy)
Active Legion Member

Rebel Legion CV Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Telari wrote:
Kay_Dee wrote:
UPDATE:

EVENT SIGN UPS:
IN ADDITION you will need to add your name and sign up for shifts in this google document: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1o5QNhyG5FfVirO6RBRzlaZauKgOVfTdLKKy20mkjN_M/htmlview

I tried to enter my information on the google doc but it wont let me.

The link has been updated and seems to work properly now Smile https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1o5QNhyG5FfVirO6RBRzlaZauKgOVfTdLKKy20mkjN_M/edit#gid=124527736

Rebel Legion - Endor Base
Kay-Dee's Costume Site
Facebook: Kay Dee Collection and Costumes
Telari (Sarah Adams)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I signed up on the form. I hope it worked.

Sarah

Kitfox (Karen Katich)
Active Legion Member

Paris Support Badge (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Telari wrote:
Okay, I signed up on the form. I hope it worked.

Sarah

I can see it added on! Thanks! Dance Chewie

Karen
Ricknerdvarro ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ricknerdvarro
Rick Navarro

I can attend as ROTS Anakin on 6/30 from 11am-3pm!

Last edited by Ricknerdvarro () on Sat May 26, 2018 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Beckett ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iím hoping to join you guys on the 31st with my Chewbacca costume. If all works out I can bring my daughter as a Resistance pilot as well. Iím still trying to coordinate a few other things on the schedule (Rancho Obi-Wan, LFL tour, etc) but once I have times for those I can coordinate with Sarah perhaps to give her a break for a few hours on the 31st.

Update to my original post: itís looking like tours of LFL and ROW as well needing to get back up North by the weekend is going to keep us from hanging with you guys. Will have to try and connect another time

Last edited by Beckett () on Sat May 19, 2018 6:30 am; edited 1 time in total
rhythmichigh (Lindsay)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can do Hera on the 30th and 1st! I'll be there on the 30th earlier in the day for other things. I'll do the 3-5 and 5-7 on the 30th, and the 1-3, 3-5 on the 1st. Might also be able to do the 5-7 but depends on transportation (pretty good chance I'll be taking SMART unless I can carpool in with someone from Sonoma Co.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Endor Base -> Endor Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: