Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=7d2f31e6b20b6b3156fca596f3bf8b1cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

May the 4th Randwick Hospital Visit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Tython Base -> Tython Troop Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andylah ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 4:34 am    Post subject: May the 4th Randwick Hospital Visit Reply with quote

Tython Troop Report

Event: May the 4th Randwick Hospital Visit

Date/ Time: May the 4th 10am-1230pm

Weather: warm, nice inside the actual hospital

Legionaries:
Andy Price - Jek Porkins
Sarah Hillier - Chewbacca
Phil - Luke w/ Yoda (pre approved)

Wranglers:
Brigette - Leia (pre approved)

Mission Report:
Arriving at 10am we met the guys from the 501st as well as our contact and made our way to the our change facilities, we had 12 plus troopers this time so by far out biggest group yet which was amazing, we quickly kit up and I split the group into two teams to cover as much turf as possible.

Joining forces with Chewbacca, a Sandy, shiny whitey, an AT-AT driver and a Navy Officer, we had a game plan to cover 7 wards in two hours.... this would prove to be quite the challenge.... Moving with a 7 foot tall wookiee is always fun, and so many people loved it!

Negotiating our way between wards was a challenge in itself given the number of people who would stop us and ask for photos, then when we made it to the ward the staff would stop us and want all manor of photos.

Highlight has to be a small girl in the isolation ward who waved from her bed when we walked in and was too sick to get out, but by the end of our visit she was at the door madly waving at all making us come back to say good bye! Another was a small boy wearing his every day clothes - a first order onesie; the starlight team had made him a balloon blaster and he looked the part, we joined forces with him and took an amazing group photo. I spent a long time with his mom talking about him, and how awesome he was; she thanked us for what we do and how much it improves the kids day! i may have had to leave with a tear or two in my eye.

We kept on trooping pushing through and managed to cover all our territory only just going over time but it was well worth it.

Mission Status:

Success, the hospital staff all love us and look forward to our visits, I had a friend of mine message me who used to work there telling me all her friends were madly posting how amazing we were on the facebook...

Ben and Liam from the Triple J breakfast team made their way out from the studio to see what we do and were in awe at how happy we made the kids, it really hits you when people keep telling you how much your short visit meant to the kids, and all you did was dress up as a plastic spaceman!

This troop is always a highlight for me and it was a pleasure and an honor to represent the Rebel Legion this time!

[/b]
Sair (Sarah Steele)
Tython Base CO
Tython Base CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Andy.

Sounds like a fantastic visit. So glad that we could get people to both the hospital troops that day.

Cheers, Sair

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Australia -> Tython Base -> Tython Troop Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: