Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=dde602e46a35d4a4a34702ce67b86b67Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Recommendations for Rey's lightsaber

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sophiesticatted ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 5:24 pm    Post subject: Recommendations for Rey's lightsaber Reply with quote

Hey everyone! I'm a total newbie when it comes to lightsaber shopping so maybe someone can help me out.

I'm currently looking for the Rey's lightsaber and honestly it's all a bit overwhelming. What options do I have in terms of where to buy from and the options available to me? I've shopped around on saberforge/ultrasabers but as I don't know what to look for i'm at a bit of a loss.

I'd like to be able to duel with it and it be fairly durable. I don't think I'd want to build it myself (not even sure that's an option). Price is something to keep in mind but as this is a graduation gift it's not too much of an issue.

Anyway, I hope someone more knowledgeable than me can point me in the right direction and offer a few pointers!
mykejr ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there,

There is the black series as always. Not duel capable but most of the Rey sabers (Graflex) are not really made for dueling. Korbanth makes the most accurate version since WD bought some from him. Depending on where you live you can get them directly from them:
http://www.korbanth.com/installed-sabers/graflex-installed/

EU mostly would recommend JQ Sabers. They ofer kits but you can get a fully installed one as well. Sometimes Vader's Vault has a very limited run of them (also hilts are from Korbant) but you have to be ready to hit purhase button because they sell superfast.

Maybe an otion would be to get parts from TCSS and get someone to install them for you.

Sometimes there are some moded Graflexes for dueling but imo they do not look that good so I'd go for a Graflex and get somethig else for dueling Smile

Also Kylo and Rey broke the Graflex so I believe she will beuild a new one in the next episode.
Storven Vos (Steven Huerta)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! You certainly have a lot of options for sabers out there. The most cost effective option is the Disney Parks exclusive saber. It has the removeable blade and decent sound, but I'm not too sure about how apt it is for duelling. Saberforge and Ultrasabers are on the lower end of the price range, but their "canon" hilts tend to be very bulky and the electronics leave a lot to be desired. Vader's Vault is probably your top choice for quality all around but I'm not sure if they have any Rey style sabers in stock. There are a few other companies that offer an "empty" hilt that you can get custom installed. My advice would be to ask around in the Rey/Anakin/Luke forums and maybe join some of the saber groups on facebook. Here are a couple I'm a member of where members have been incredibly helpful:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1553748611608080/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/190917724397776/
Cobalt-60 ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for my money I would go with Parks
http://www.parksabers.com/
graflex hilts start at $225 -- you can add electronics later

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Not to pat myself on the back, but I consider myself a bit of an expert when it comes to sabers, and it really comes down to your budget. Obviously the more you pay, the more accurate it can get. If you're trying to save money though, the cheapest one to get a RL approved saber with basic lights and sounds is to get the Rey Black series. It has decent sound, the only problem is that the blade is not removable, which would be a problem if you want to wear it on your belt.

Luckily though, you're able to convert it to an in-hilt LED, by wiring a super powerful LED to the soundboard. That way you're able to take off the blade, or pop it in if you want to duel. You can also get a metal conversion kit, which replaces the stock plastic blade holder with a metal one, which makes it suitable for full contact dueling.

Now, if you'd like me to, I would be more than happy to convert it for you. I'm trying to get my name out there as a saber installer, so I wouldn't charge much at all.

Here's an ESB Luke saber I just completed.

Pics: https://imgur.com/a/d8Zdj
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p9n9x63-O4&feature=youtu.be

Good luck, and MTFBWY!
StarwarsFan237 ()

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:33 pm    Post subject: Rey Lightsaber Reply with quote

It doesn't look like anyone has posted in here in a while but I thought I would give it a shot...

So I've been looking around and doing my research on which lightsaber I want to get for my fiance's birthday (she's a huge Rey fan) and I think I might have found the one. This Rey Graflex CE lightsaber https://ultrasabers.com/product/the-graflex-ce/ seems to be the best option so far... It has options for sound effects and color options if she decides she doesn't want green. I think I might pull the plug and go for it!

Does anyone have any other suggestions? Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Lightsabers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: