Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=2b3461695f30f1e23d5caa30d4a2aeebMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Hoth/Bespin Escape Leia Build
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Approved for Bespin Escape this weekend! Thank you to everyone who helped with it along the way and also to my judge for being very helpful in making it look even better!

I bought the correct colored fabric paint to fix the trim on my vest and I also took out the collar and repinned it to fix how it lays. I hope to paint it and reattach and be set with that by the end of this week. Very Happy

The boots are good to go as I attached the straps to the boot itself and then I should be all set to submit that version as well. Will post photos as I update it.

PR/Social Media Team for RL Strategic Command
Costume Mentor
In progress/submitted: Vice Admiral Holdo, Clone Wars Padme Amidala, Clone Cadet
"This is a Rebellion, isn't it? I rebel."
settingsun410 (Erika)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Bespin Escape, which boots would you guys recommend for approval?

https://www.amazon.com/Mofri-Womens-Burnished-Square-Booties/dp/B077JZKQ6H?keywords=white+boots&qid=1540167350&refinements=p_n_size_two_browse-vebin%3A5391079011&rnid=5391076011&s=Clothing&sr=1-90&ref=sr_1_90

or

https://www.amazon.com/Aquapillar-Plain-Bootie-Zipper-Closure/dp/B07CGJFCB9?keywords=white+boots&qid=1540167350&refinements=p_n_size_two_browse-vebin%3A5391079011&rnid=5391076011&s=Clothing&sr=1-96&ref=sr_1_96
LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

settingsun410 wrote:
For Bespin Escape, which boots would you guys recommend for approval?

https://www.amazon.com/Mofri-Womens-Burnished-Square-Booties/dp/B077JZKQ6H?keywords=white+boots&qid=1540167350&refinements=p_n_size_two_browse-vebin%3A5391079011&rnid=5391076011&s=Clothing&sr=1-90&ref=sr_1_90

or

https://www.amazon.com/Aquapillar-Plain-Bootie-Zipper-Closure/dp/B07CGJFCB9?keywords=white+boots&qid=1540167350&refinements=p_n_size_two_browse-vebin%3A5391079011&rnid=5391076011&s=Clothing&sr=1-96&ref=sr_1_96

I like the second option.

Costume Mentor
In progress/submitted: Vice Admiral Holdo, Clone Wars Padme Amidala, Clone Cadet
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The heel seems a bit less chunky on the first.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once I got approved with Bespin Escape, I got sidetracked with some other costumes and didn't even look at my vest until the holidays and my vacation time. I knew I could tentatively fix the issues that Joy had pointed out with the collar and the pocket but I also wasn't pleased with it so I just made a whole new one.

Luckily, JoAnn's was having a 50% off sale on all white fabric when I visited the store. I was able to find this fabric which is a beautiful off white/cream color.
https://www.joann.com/casa-satin/zprd_08527822a.html

I bought 2 yards just to be safe but I ended up only using about 1 1/2 yards and that was also self lining the vest and making inside pockets for the vest. Wink

I love the Hoth costume but hate that it has no place to hold keys/ID etc while wearing it so I added two inside hidden pockets to the lining and cannot recommend this enough. Amanda was the one who suggested this to me and I am so glad I followed her advice. I can hold my phone, lip gloss and keys in them, no problem.

I struggled a bit with the pocket on the vest for the rank badge. I needed to clean the edges and couldn't quite figure out how to do it so I turned to Google to assist me and luckily, it worked!

I initially searched for "window pocket" but that brought up tutorials on how to make curtains etc for windows so I scratched that. I then searched for "types of pockets" and that is where I found what I needed. The pocket on her vest is an "ID pocket", similar to what would hold your driver's license etc in a wallet.

I found this tutorial and was able to draft a pattern for the rank badge following it almost exactly. I altered it slightly since I was making a pocket to attach to the vest but it worked!
https://blog.chriswdesigns.com/2015/08/stand-alone-id-window-tutorial.html

It took a few attempts before it fit my rank badge correctly but once I got the pattern right, I was very pleased with the results.

I also fixed the collar and am super pleased with the finished results. I hope to submit in the next few days.

Costume Mentor
LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Approved!

Costume Mentor
kman ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks fantastic!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kman wrote:
Looks fantastic!

Thank you!!

Costume Mentor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: