Forum and Costume Controls

   FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=1db8983ec712b843e29e461ae4b5154eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

       
REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

[Rewrite] Padme Amidala (Tatooine Peasant)

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> RLGS Standards Development -> RLGS Standard Revisions In Progress
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
accioveronica (Veronica J)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 28 Mar 2017
Posts: 57
Location: Naboo
Medals: None

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:06 pm    Post subject: [Rewrite] Padme Amidala (Tatooine Peasant) Reply with quote

I’m super excited to share my proposal for Padme’s Tatooine Peasant revisions! I made this costume last year, and before I started, I spent lots of time sourcing images and doing research. I’m not very good when it comes to terminology or being concise, so if there is a better way to word something than the way I have here, please advise!

Here is the current standard:

Quote:

1. Undershirt with a jewel neckline and wide knuckle-length sleeves of a medium blue crinkled, homespun matte fabric. Wrapped about each lower forearm are strips of a grayish-tan homespun cloth with the edges left raw.

2. Sleeveless hip-length tunic of a medium heathered gray thick textured homespun matte fabric with a scoop neckline.

3. Wide soft belt (or narrow obi) of a medium blue crinkled, homespun matte fabric. Over this is a firmer belt of a dark brown textured homespun matte fabric with diagonal pintuck-like texture with an all-over pattern of very small tan buttonhole eyelets (eyelets maybe embroidered or finely painted). In addition, over the brown belt is a length of the medium blue crinkled, homespun matte fabric, gathered in the center front with a large round black buckle with a round red-orange cinnabar-like stone carved with an Art Deco-like arched motif.

4. Loose-fitting pants in a dark, muted plum/purple crinkled, homespun matte fabric. The lower legs are also wrapped in raw-edged strips of a dark, muted plum/purple homespun matte fabric.

5. Dark brown matte leather or leather-like flat-soled shoes or boots.

6. Hair is pulled away from the face and secured at the crown of the head. Two narrow braids encircle the head like a band, a large braided bun is wrapped at the crown of the head with several narrow braids descending from it along with a large section of hair left to hang loose and two narrow draped braids reaching from one side of the bun to the other. Naturally-occurring hair color only; no bangs.




Here is my revision with the updated format:

Quote:

Standard Name: Padme Naberrie Amidala
Primary Detachment: Rebel Legion Galactic Senate
Submission Date: ---
Existing Standard URL: http://newsite.rebellegion.com/padme-amidala-episode-i-the-phantom-menace-tatooine-peasant/

Front Image URL: http://padawansguide.com/amidala/tatooine/chronicles2.jpg
Back Image URL: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/padme_tpm_tatooinepeasant09.jpg

Character Description
Padmé Amidala Naberrie, commonly known as Padmé Amidala, was a human female politician who became a leading voice for peace and diplomacy during the final years of the Galactic Republic. Amidala was elected Queen of Naboo at the age of fourteen. Rising to galactic prominence after the Trade Federation invaded and occupied her homeworld of Naboo, she emerged as a leading member of the Galactic Senate during the Clone Wars. Through her furtive relationship and marriage to Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker, she was the mother of the legendary Jedi Master Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia Organa of Alderaan, the latter of whom followed in her footsteps as a champion for the democratic ideals of the Republic.

(Source: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Padm%C3%A9_Amidala)

Required Items:

1. Shirt + Armwraps

Image URL: http://padawansguide.com/amidala/tatooine/chronicles2.jpg

Required Details:

- Undershirt with a jewel neckline and wide knuckle-length sleeves of a medium blue crinkled, homespun matte fabric.
- The shoulder seams of the undershirt lay visible slightly past the shoulders, and are neither directly over the shoulders nor hidden beneath the tunic.
- Wrapped about each lower forearm starting below the elbow and to the middle of the lower forearm are strips of a grayish homespun cloth with the edges left raw. Note that the armwraps are a lighter shade of grey than the tunic.
- The undershirt blouses slightly over the grey armwraps and over the knuckles.

Optional Details:
- In a matching blue, a very loosely-woven fabric overlaying the undershirt.

Additional Images:
URL: https://scontent-mia3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/29064524_931712360333225_7694815170918782112_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_oc=AQka4X8hQOklOJhKwUDjygEnfZrYz1sgCf6C2aRFOXSBmOI_nMqBt3XJR12Ui2EwqEIcZ-ML9kR757NfVBaQPUcP&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=17c5bf4bad180f2f3190b199703b84b5&oe=5D7D6E28
URL: https://scontent-mia3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/29595573_931712323666562_8856840567105529293_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_oc=AQlvfgfdbq7ldw92vaeNx_F2_1yw4IbmIO5oMEmKla592Q1iV7nDWXi6Le1svHAeea4ph41Xh4-nuaJSR_8m-Vi5&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=3033daa200c009bfad8a47429e81539b&oe=5DC4834B
URL: http://www.padawansguide.com/amidala/tatooine/dag2.jpg
URL: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/padme_tpm_tatooinepeasant02.jpg
URL: https://i.imgur.com/xpbAh8w.jpg?1



2. Tunic

Image URL: http://padawansguide.com/amidala/tatooine/chronicles2.jpg

Required Details:

- Sleeveless hip-length tunic of a medium heathered gray fabric with a thick plain-weave
- Has a narrow scoop neckline that tapers to a rounded V-shape.
- There are only side seams and shoulder seams to the tunic.
- The neckline and armholes of the tunic have a bias-tape finish (about ¼ inch or 6 mm wide) in the same grey
- There is no visible hem at the bottom of the tunic.

Optional Details:
None

Additional Images:
URL: http://photos.imageevent.com/kay_dee/swwsmi/padmeamidala/_MG_3405.jpg
URL: https://scontent-mia3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/29064524_931712360333225_7694815170918782112_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_oc=AQka4X8hQOklOJhKwUDjygEnfZrYz1sgCf6C2aRFOXSBmOI_nMqBt3XJR12Ui2EwqEIcZ-ML9kR757NfVBaQPUcP&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=17c5bf4bad180f2f3190b199703b84b5&oe=5D7D6E28
URL: https://scontent-mia3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/29595573_931712323666562_8856840567105529293_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_oc=AQlvfgfdbq7ldw92vaeNx_F2_1yw4IbmIO5oMEmKla592Q1iV7nDWXi6Le1svHAeea4ph41Xh4-nuaJSR_8m-Vi5&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=3033daa200c009bfad8a47429e81539b&oe=5DC4834B
URL: http://www.padawansguide.com/amidala/tatooine/dag3.jpg
URL: https://i.imgur.com/xpbAh8w.jpg?1


3. Belt

Image URL: http://padawansguide.com/amidala/tatooine/chronicles2.jpg

Required Details:

- Belt piece is comprised of three layers and a sash descending from the back/left side: (from innermost layer to outermost): wide blue cheesecloth, brown belt/obi, blue cheesecloth that is knotted and descends like a sash.
- Innermost layer is a wide soft belt (or narrow obi) of a medium blue tightly-woven cheesecloth.
- Middle layer is a firmer belt of a dark brown textured matte fabric with diagonal pintuck-like textures and an all-over pattern of very small tan buttonhole eyelets (eyelets maybe embroidered or finely painted).
- Top layer is a length of a medium blue tightly woven cheesecloth, slightly gathered at the center front. The ends of this top layer tie around in a knot at the wearer’s back with the ends of the sash reaching just above the back of the knees. Note that this knot is not centered at the back, but off towards the left side of the body.
- Centered on top of the three-layered obi/belt is a large round black base with a smaller round red-orange cinnabar-like stone carved with an Art Deco-like motif. The diameter of the black base does not exceed the width of the brown layer of the belt.

Optional Details:
- None

Additional Images:
URL: http://www.padawansguide.com/amidala/tatooine/dag4.jpg
URL: https://scontent-mia3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/29064524_931712360333225_7694815170918782112_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_oc=AQka4X8hQOklOJhKwUDjygEnfZrYz1sgCf6C2aRFOXSBmOI_nMqBt3XJR12Ui2EwqEIcZ-ML9kR757NfVBaQPUcP&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=17c5bf4bad180f2f3190b199703b84b5&oe=5D7D6E28
URL: https://scontent-mia3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/29595573_931712323666562_8856840567105529293_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_oc=AQlvfgfdbq7ldw92vaeNx_F2_1yw4IbmIO5oMEmKla592Q1iV7nDWXi6Le1svHAeea4ph41Xh4-nuaJSR_8m-Vi5&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=3033daa200c009bfad8a47429e81539b&oe=5DC4834B
URL: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/padme_tpm_tatooinepeasant02.jpg


4. Pants + Legwraps

Image URL: http://photos.imageevent.com/kay_dee/swwsmi/padmeamidala/_MG_3405.jpg

Required Details:

- Loose-fitting pants in a dark, muted plum/purple crinkled matte fabric.
- Starting just below the knees and extending to the ankles, the lower legs are wrapped in wide, raw-edged strips of a dark, muted plum/purple homespun matte fabric.
- The pants slightly blouse over the tops of the legwraps.
- A rounded piece of muted plum/purple homespun matte fabric covers part of the shoes on each leg and is tucked underneath the leg wraps. These partial shoe-covers have visible stitching around the outer edge.

Optional Details:
- None

Additional Images:
URL: http://photos.imageevent.com/kay_dee/swwsmi/padmeamidala/_MG_3406.jpg
URL: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/padme_tpm_tatooinepeasant05.jpg
URL: https://i.imgur.com/sNe1uBA.jpg?1


5. Shoes

Image URL: http://photos.imageevent.com/kay_dee/swwsmi/padmeamidala/_MG_3406.jpg

Required Details:
- Dark brown matte leather or leather-like flat-soled shoes.

Optional Details:
- The soles are darker than the rest of the shoes, preferably black.

Additional Images:
URL: http://photos.imageevent.com/kay_dee/swwsmi/padmeamidala/_MG_3405.jpg


6. Hair

Image URL: http://www.padawansguide.com/amidala/tatooine/tatooine11.jpg

Required Details:
- Hair is pulled away from the face and secured at the crown of the head.
- A large braided bun is wrapped at the crown of the head with a wide base that tapers to a tip like a cone.
- Two narrow braids encircle the head like a band and tuck underneath the bottom sides of the bun.
- Descending from the bottom of the bun is a large section of hair left to hang loose.
- Descending from the bun and over the loose hair is one braid that loops near the bottom of the neck.
- Laying over the small braided loop are two larger descending braids whose loops reach upper to mid arm’s length. The ends of these loops come from the outside of the bun and meet at the bottom of the bun in its center.
- Naturally-occuring hair only; no bangs. Brown hair color is preferred.
- If a wig or extensions are used, they must be of high quality and appear like natural hair.

Optional Details:
- None

Additional Images:
URL: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/padme_tpm_tatooinepeasant08.jpg
URL: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/padme_tpm_tatooinepeasant02.jpg
URL: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/padme_tpm_tatooinepeasant06.jpg



I do have a few notes that I would like to add:
- Regarding the shirt - I wanted to find a better way to describe the texture, especially the overlay. I left the overlay as “optional,” but it's actually what gives the shirt it’s textured appearance. What do you suggest?
- Between the shirt and the tunic descriptions, I wanted to add somewhere (or perhaps in both sections) that the tunic and the shirt necklines met at some point. Not sure if this is so important to add, or if I made sense, but it was a thought of mine!
- The labeling of this costume and sectioning was pretty difficult since there are lots of layers. If there is anything regarding my organization that should be changed, please let me know.
- I’m not sure if the use of photos was appropriate - I reused a lot of images for some parts because the resources on this costume are pretty limited. If there are any changes/other photos you think I should add to certain sections, please link them!
- Finally, I just wanted to note that it was really hard to source photos, especially for the buckle piece. There are photos from Padawansguide that really shows the detail on the red motif, but the sticky regarding the exhibit photos from PG said to be careful using those since we don’t have permission.
_________________
Approved:
Senatorial Leia (ANH)
Medical Frigate Leia (ESB)
Tatooine Peasant Padmé (TPM)
Padmé's Hospital Gown (ROTS)
Queen Amidala's Parade Gown (TPM)


Last edited by accioveronica (Veronica J) on Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member


Joined: 28 Mar 2016
Posts: 954
Location: Brea, California
Medals: None

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can the wording of this be changed from " Starting just below the knees that extend to the ankles, the lower legs are wrapped in wide, raw-edged strips of a dark, muted plum/purple homespun matte fabric "

to

'Starting just below the knees and extending to the ankles, the lower legs are wrapped in wide, raw edged strips of the same dark, muted plum/purple matte fabric as the pants."

To me, they have always appeared the same but I could be wrong. So hard to tell with lack of references.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/briancreech/4313321941
_________________



In progress/submitted: Vice Admiral Holdo, Clone Wars Padme Amidala, Clone Cadet
"This is a Rebellion, isn't it? I rebel."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Baris_Alrisul ()
Active Legion Member


Joined: 06 Mar 2017
Posts: 299
Location: Seattle, WA
Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the first wording change suggested, but not the second. Looking at the reference images, these do not appear to be the same fabrics, as they have notably different texture.
_________________
Caitlin Jacques
KJO Costume Captain for the Prequel Trilogy
DL of Eadu Delegation
Pride Squadron Mod
Leia (Senatorial, Ceremonial, ESB, and Issue 12 Jedi)
Resistance X-wing Pilot (Human/Pantoran TFA and Briefing Room)
Generic Jedi (Human/Pantoran)
Depa Billaba
Amilyn Holdo
Jawa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LeiaAurora ()
Active Legion Member


Joined: 28 Mar 2016
Posts: 954
Location: Brea, California
Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baris_Alrisul wrote:
I agree with the first wording change suggested, but not the second. Looking at the reference images, these do not appear to be the same fabrics, as they have notably different texture.


I saw several previous approved costumers with the same fabric used for the wraps so that's how I made mine. Then when looking at screenshots, I assumed it was the same. Now, looking closer, you are right. Good catch!
_________________



In progress/submitted: Vice Admiral Holdo, Clone Wars Padme Amidala, Clone Cadet
"This is a Rebellion, isn't it? I rebel."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO


Joined: 24 Jul 2008
Posts: 6504

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first 'and' is definitely an important change. Good catch. Smile
_________________
DXO of Royalty & Senatorial detachment

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
accioveronica (Veronica J)
Active Legion Member


Joined: 28 Mar 2017
Posts: 57
Location: Naboo
Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeiaAurora wrote:
Can the wording of this be changed from " Starting just below the knees that extend to the ankles, the lower legs are wrapped in wide, raw-edged strips of a dark, muted plum/purple homespun matte fabric "

to

'Starting just below the knees and extending to the ankles, the lower legs are wrapped in wide, raw edged strips of the same dark, muted plum/purple matte fabric as the pants."

To me, they have always appeared the same but I could be wrong. So hard to tell with lack of references.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/briancreech/4313321941


Thanks for the wording update! I just edited it Smile

And yeah - I always found the fabric to be different between the pants and the legwraps - The pants appear to be a crinkled cotton or crinkled fabric of some sort, while the legwraps (at least to me) look a little like the same material of Rey's armwraps - the boots bandages one!
_________________
Approved:
Senatorial Leia (ANH)
Medical Frigate Leia (ESB)
Tatooine Peasant Padmé (TPM)
Padmé's Hospital Gown (ROTS)
Queen Amidala's Parade Gown (TPM)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO


Joined: 09 Aug 2008
Posts: 2851
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, I think this is getting to the point where we can call it an active standard discussion. Moving it over now.
_________________


In planning and progress:
Riyo Chuchi, Queen Apailana, Nomi Sunrider, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo

Galactic Senate DCO | RLGS FaceBook | RLGS Web Site
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO


Joined: 09 Aug 2008
Posts: 2851
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So here's my pass on these standards. For the most part, I was tightening up the language to make sure it's phrased in a way that will translate well.

I did disagree with you on a few points, mostly colors. For the most part, I just extended the available color range to allow a slightly broader interpretation. The only one I completely changed was the base disk of the belt decoration. It's a deep brown color with some even deeper brown swirls. The original seems to be made of resin, to mimic wood patterns.

The other place I disagreed was on the bottom of the pants. Given the flair and width of the bits that cover the shoes, I think it would be viable for those to be just the bottom end of the pants, but the spat-like idea you suggested is a a viable alternative. I rewrote that bit to allow both.

Quote:

Standard Name: Padme Amidala (Tatooine Peasant)
Primary Detachment: Rebel Legion Galactic Senate
Submission Date: ---
Existing Standard URL: http://newsite.rebellegion.com/padme-amidala-episode-i-the-phantom-menace-tatooine-peasant/

Front Image URL: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/peasant-2.jpgBack Image URL: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/padme_tpm_tatooinepeasant09.jpg

Character Description
Padmé Amidala was a courageous, hopeful leader, serving as Queen and then Senator of Naboo -- and was also handy with a blaster. Despite her ideals and all she did for the cause of peace, her secret, forbidden marriage to Jedi Anakin Skywalker would prove to have dire consequences for the galaxy. (Source: Star Wars Databank)

Required Items:

1. Shirt and Arm Wraps

Image URL: http://padawansguide.com/amidala/tatooine/chronicles2.jpg

Required Details:

- Undershirt with a jewel neckline and wide knuckle-length sleeves of a medium blue crinkled, homespun matte fabric.
- Wrapped about each lower forearm starting below the elbow and to the middle of the lower forearm are strips of a grayish homespun cloth with the edges left raw. The arm wraps are a lighter shade of grey than the tunic.
- The undershirt blouses slightly over the grey arm wraps and over the knuckles.

Optional Details:
- The shoulder seams of the undershirt lay visible slightly past the shoulders and are neither directly over the shoulders nor hidden beneath the tunic.
- In a matching blue, a very loosely-woven fabric overlaying the undershirt.
- The neckline is bounded with matching narrow bias tape (preferably made of the same fabric as the base layer of the shirt).

Additional Images:

URL: https://scontent-mia3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/29064524_931712360333225_7694815170918782112_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_oc=AQka4X8hQOklOJhKwUDjygEnfZrYz1sgCf6C2aRFOXSBmOI_nMqBt3XJR12Ui2EwqEIcZ-ML9kR757NfVBaQPUcP&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=17c5bf4bad180f2f3190b199703b84b5&oe=5D7D6E28
Source: Song of Amazon
URL: https://scontent-mia3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/29595573_931712323666562_8856840567105529293_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_oc=AQlvfgfdbq7ldw92vaeNx_F2_1yw4IbmIO5oMEmKla592Q1iV7nDWXi6Le1svHAeea4ph41Xh4-nuaJSR_8m-Vi5&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=3033daa200c009bfad8a47429e81539b&oe=5DC4834B
Source: Song of Amazon

URL: http://www.padawansguide.com/amidala/tatooine/dag2.jpg

URL: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/padme_tpm_tatooinepeasant02.jpg

URL: https://i.imgur.com/xpbAh8w.jpg?1


2. Tunic

Image URL: http://padawansguide.com/amidala/tatooine/chronicles2.jpg

Required Details:

- Sleeveless hip-length tunic of a medium heathered gray to sandy brown fabric with a thick plain-weave (basket weave recommended)
- Has a narrow scoop neckline that tapers to a U-shape. The tunic neckline is slightly wider and deeper than the shirt neckline.
- There are only side seams and shoulder seams to the tunic.
- The neckline and armholes of the tunic have narrow matching bias-tape edging.
- There is no visible hem at the bottom of the tunic.

Optional Details:


Additional Images:
URL: http://photos.imageevent.com/kay_dee/swwsmi/padmeamidala/_MG_3405.jpg

URL: https://scontent-mia3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/29064524_931712360333225_7694815170918782112_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_oc=AQka4X8hQOklOJhKwUDjygEnfZrYz1sgCf6C2aRFOXSBmOI_nMqBt3XJR12Ui2EwqEIcZ-ML9kR757NfVBaQPUcP&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=17c5bf4bad180f2f3190b199703b84b5&oe=5D7D6E28
Source: Song of Amazon

URL: https://scontent-mia3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/29595573_931712323666562_8856840567105529293_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_oc=AQlvfgfdbq7ldw92vaeNx_F2_1yw4IbmIO5oMEmKla592Q1iV7nDWXi6Le1svHAeea4ph41Xh4-nuaJSR_8m-Vi5&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=3033daa200c009bfad8a47429e81539b&oe=5DC4834B
Source: Song of Amazon

URL: http://www.padawansguide.com/amidala/tatooine/dag3.jpg

URL: https://i.imgur.com/xpbAh8w.jpg?1


3. Belt

Image URL: http://padawansguide.com/amidala/tatooine/chronicles2.jpg

Required Details:

- Belt piece is comprised of three layers: wide blue cheesecloth underneath a brown belt/obi, with a narrow blue cheesecloth layer on top.
- Innermost layer is a wide soft belt (or narrow obi) of a medium blue tightly-woven cheesecloth, which is slightly wider than the brown layer on top
- Middle layer is a firmer belt of a dark brown textured matte fabric with diagonal pintuck or tightly embroidered lines. These diagonal lines are in tight groups of three. Belt is decorated with scattered pattern of very small tan or pale golden yellow buttonhole eyelets (eyelets maybe embroidered or finely painted).
- Top layer is a length of a medium blue tightly woven cheesecloth, slightly gathered at the center front. The ends of this top layer tie around in a knot at the wearer’s left side with the ends of the sash reaching just above the back of the knees.
- Centered on top of the three-layered obi/belt is a large round dark brown base with a smaller round red-orange cinnabar-like stone carved with an Art Deco motif. The diameter of the brown base is slightly narrower than the brown layer of the belt.

Optional Details:
- None

Additional Images:
URL: http://www.padawansguide.com/amidala/tatooine/dag4.jpg

URL: https://scontent-mia3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/29064524_931712360333225_7694815170918782112_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_oc=AQka4X8hQOklOJhKwUDjygEnfZrYz1sgCf6C2aRFOXSBmOI_nMqBt3XJR12Ui2EwqEIcZ-ML9kR757NfVBaQPUcP&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=17c5bf4bad180f2f3190b199703b84b5&oe=5D7D6E28
Source: Song of Amazon

URL: https://scontent-mia3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/29595573_931712323666562_8856840567105529293_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_oc=AQlvfgfdbq7ldw92vaeNx_F2_1yw4IbmIO5oMEmKla592Q1iV7nDWXi6Le1svHAeea4ph41Xh4-nuaJSR_8m-Vi5&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=3033daa200c009bfad8a47429e81539b&oe=5DC4834B
Source: Song of Amazon

URL: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/padme_tpm_tatooinepeasant02.jpg


4. Pants + Leg Wraps

Image URL: http://photos.imageevent.com/kay_dee/swwsmi/padmeamidala/_MG_3405.jpg

Required Details:

- Loose-fitting pants in a dark, muted plum crinkled matte fabric.
- Starting just below the knees and extending to the ankles, the lower legs are wrapped in wide, raw-edged strips of a dark, muted plum homespun matte fabric.
- The pants slightly blouse over the tops of the leg wraps.
- The ends of the pants hangs past the ankle and partially cover the top of the shoes.

Optional Details:
- The bottom edge of the pants may be a continuous part of the pants or a separate spat that covers the top of the shoe with the top edge tucked into the leg wraps.
- The bottom hem of the pants

Additional Images:
URL: http://photos.imageevent.com/kay_dee/swwsmi/padmeamidala/_MG_3406.jpg
Source: Kay-Dee

URL: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/padme_tpm_tatooinepeasant05.jpg

URL: https://i.imgur.com/sNe1uBA.jpg?1


5. Shoes

Image URL: http://photos.imageevent.com/kay_dee/swwsmi/padmeamidala/_MG_3406.jpg
Source: Kay-Dee


Required Details:
- Dark brown matte leather or leather-like flat-soled shoes.

Optional Details:
- The soles are darker than the rest of the shoes, preferably black.

Additional Images:
URL: http://photos.imageevent.com/kay_dee/swwsmi/padmeamidala/_MG_3405.jpg
Source: Kay-Dee

URL: https://scontent.fphl1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/29570681_931712150333246_3289688725969339666_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_oc=AQkwyhxdwvGd1zbvnkV_S6rjzrUUETugxYqck89pU-dBf6xUBel-k55Z8QDsXg8Ftl8&_nc_ht=scontent.fphl1-1.fna&oh=33ecd794643960e445e5af7317332ead&oe=5DF8F6AD
Source: Song of Amazon

6. Hair

Image URL: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/padme_tpm_tatooinepeasant10.jpeg

Required Details:
- Hair is pulled away from the face and secured half-up at the crown of the head.
- A large braided bun is wrapped at the crown of the head with a wide base that is narrower at the top.
- Two narrow braids go over the top of the head like a head band and tuck underneath the bottom sides of the bun.
- A large section of hair hangs loose below the bun.
- One narrow braid loops down from the bun to near the bottom of the neck.
- Two larger braids loop down over that, reaching upper to mid-arm’s height. These braids start from the outside of the bun and meet at the center bottom of the bun.
- Naturally occurring hair only (brown hair color is preferred); no bangs.

Optional Details:
- If a wig or extensions are used, they must be of high quality and appear like natural hair.

Additional Images:
URL: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/padme_tpm_tatooinepeasant08.jpg

URL: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/padme_tpm_tatooinepeasant02.jpg

URL: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/padme_tpm_tatooinepeasant06.jpg

URL: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/peasant-12.jpg

URL: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/peasant-6.jpg

Costume Resources:

• Reference Photo Gallery – http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/padme-amidala-the-phantom-menace-tatooine-peasant-disguise/
• Member Build Threads - http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1028471#1028471

_________________


In planning and progress:
Riyo Chuchi, Queen Apailana, Nomi Sunrider, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo

Galactic Senate DCO | RLGS FaceBook | RLGS Web Site
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Padme of Hidden Lake ()
Active Legion Member


Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 962

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would actually say that it is the leg wraps that go over the shoes not the pants. If you look at the grain and direction of the fabric it matches the rest of the wraps not the pants above them. You can also see where the top edge of the band tucks into the bottom edge of the one above it and where it coils in on itself in the back (looking at Kay-dee's close ups from the exhibit in particular).
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO


Joined: 09 Aug 2008
Posts: 2851
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Medals: None

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good catch. That is certainly a possibility. I will add that to the wording.

Quote:

Standard Name: Padme Amidala (Tatooine Peasant)
Primary Detachment: Rebel Legion Galactic Senate
Submission Date: ---
Existing Standard URL: http://newsite.rebellegion.com/padme-amidala-episode-i-the-phantom-menace-tatooine-peasant/

Front Image URL: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/peasant-2.jpgBack Image URL: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/padme_tpm_tatooinepeasant09.jpg

Character Description
Padmé Amidala was a courageous, hopeful leader, serving as Queen and then Senator of Naboo -- and was also handy with a blaster. Despite her ideals and all she did for the cause of peace, her secret, forbidden marriage to Jedi Anakin Skywalker would prove to have dire consequences for the galaxy. (Source: Star Wars Databank)

Required Items:

1. Shirt and Arm Wraps

Image URL: http://padawansguide.com/amidala/tatooine/chronicles2.jpg

Required Details:

- Undershirt with a jewel neckline and wide knuckle-length sleeves of a medium blue crinkled, homespun matte fabric.
- Wrapped about each lower forearm starting below the elbow and to the middle of the lower forearm are strips of a grayish homespun cloth with the edges left raw. The arm wraps are a lighter shade of grey than the tunic.
- The undershirt blouses slightly over the grey arm wraps and over the knuckles.

Optional Details:
- The shoulder seams of the undershirt lay visible slightly past the shoulders and are neither directly over the shoulders nor hidden beneath the tunic.
- In a matching blue, a very loosely-woven fabric overlaying the undershirt.
- The neckline is bounded with matching narrow bias tape (preferably made of the same fabric as the base layer of the shirt).

Additional Images:

URL: https://scontent-mia3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/29064524_931712360333225_7694815170918782112_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_oc=AQka4X8hQOklOJhKwUDjygEnfZrYz1sgCf6C2aRFOXSBmOI_nMqBt3XJR12Ui2EwqEIcZ-ML9kR757NfVBaQPUcP&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=17c5bf4bad180f2f3190b199703b84b5&oe=5D7D6E28
Source: Song of Amazon
URL: https://scontent-mia3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/29595573_931712323666562_8856840567105529293_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_oc=AQlvfgfdbq7ldw92vaeNx_F2_1yw4IbmIO5oMEmKla592Q1iV7nDWXi6Le1svHAeea4ph41Xh4-nuaJSR_8m-Vi5&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=3033daa200c009bfad8a47429e81539b&oe=5DC4834B
Source: Song of Amazon

URL: http://www.padawansguide.com/amidala/tatooine/dag2.jpg

URL: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/padme_tpm_tatooinepeasant02.jpg

URL: https://i.imgur.com/xpbAh8w.jpg?1


2. Tunic

Image URL: http://padawansguide.com/amidala/tatooine/chronicles2.jpg

Required Details:

- Sleeveless hip-length tunic of a medium heathered gray to sandy brown fabric with a thick plain-weave (basket weave recommended)
- Has a narrow scoop neckline that tapers to a U-shape. The tunic neckline is slightly wider and deeper than the shirt neckline.
- There are only side seams and shoulder seams to the tunic.
- The neckline and armholes of the tunic have narrow matching bias-tape edging.
- There is no visible hem at the bottom of the tunic.

Optional Details:


Additional Images:
URL: http://photos.imageevent.com/kay_dee/swwsmi/padmeamidala/_MG_3405.jpg

URL: https://scontent-mia3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/29064524_931712360333225_7694815170918782112_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_oc=AQka4X8hQOklOJhKwUDjygEnfZrYz1sgCf6C2aRFOXSBmOI_nMqBt3XJR12Ui2EwqEIcZ-ML9kR757NfVBaQPUcP&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=17c5bf4bad180f2f3190b199703b84b5&oe=5D7D6E28
Source: Song of Amazon

URL: https://scontent-mia3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/29595573_931712323666562_8856840567105529293_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_oc=AQlvfgfdbq7ldw92vaeNx_F2_1yw4IbmIO5oMEmKla592Q1iV7nDWXi6Le1svHAeea4ph41Xh4-nuaJSR_8m-Vi5&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=3033daa200c009bfad8a47429e81539b&oe=5DC4834B
Source: Song of Amazon

URL: http://www.padawansguide.com/amidala/tatooine/dag3.jpg

URL: https://i.imgur.com/xpbAh8w.jpg?1


3. Belt

Image URL: http://padawansguide.com/amidala/tatooine/chronicles2.jpg

Required Details:

- Belt piece is comprised of three layers: wide blue cheesecloth underneath a brown belt/obi, with a narrow blue cheesecloth layer on top.
- Innermost layer is a wide soft belt (or narrow obi) of a medium blue tightly-woven cheesecloth, which is slightly wider than the brown layer on top
- Middle layer is a firmer belt of a dark brown textured matte fabric with diagonal pintuck or tightly embroidered lines. These diagonal lines are in tight groups of three. Belt is decorated with scattered pattern of very small tan or pale golden yellow buttonhole eyelets (eyelets maybe embroidered or finely painted).
- Top layer is a length of a medium blue tightly woven cheesecloth, slightly gathered at the center front. The ends of this top layer tie around in a knot at the wearer’s left side with the ends of the sash reaching just above the back of the knees.
- Centered on top of the three-layered obi/belt is a large round dark brown base with a smaller round red-orange cinnabar-like stone carved with an Art Deco motif. The diameter of the brown base is slightly narrower than the brown layer of the belt.

Optional Details:
- None

Additional Images:
URL: http://www.padawansguide.com/amidala/tatooine/dag4.jpg

URL: https://scontent-mia3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/29064524_931712360333225_7694815170918782112_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_oc=AQka4X8hQOklOJhKwUDjygEnfZrYz1sgCf6C2aRFOXSBmOI_nMqBt3XJR12Ui2EwqEIcZ-ML9kR757NfVBaQPUcP&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=17c5bf4bad180f2f3190b199703b84b5&oe=5D7D6E28
Source: Song of Amazon

URL: https://scontent-mia3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/29595573_931712323666562_8856840567105529293_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_oc=AQlvfgfdbq7ldw92vaeNx_F2_1yw4IbmIO5oMEmKla592Q1iV7nDWXi6Le1svHAeea4ph41Xh4-nuaJSR_8m-Vi5&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=3033daa200c009bfad8a47429e81539b&oe=5DC4834B
Source: Song of Amazon

URL: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/padme_tpm_tatooinepeasant02.jpg


4. Pants + Leg Wraps

Image URL: http://photos.imageevent.com/kay_dee/swwsmi/padmeamidala/_MG_3405.jpg

Required Details:

- Loose-fitting pants in a dark, muted plum crinkled matte fabric.
- Starting just below the knees and extending to the ankles, the lower legs are wrapped in wide, raw-edged strips of a dark, muted plum homespun matte fabric.
- The pants slightly blouse over the tops of the leg wraps.
- The ends of the pants hangs past the ankle and partially cover the top of the shoes.

Optional Details:
- The bottom edge of the pants may be a continuous part of the pants, separate spat that covers the top of the shoe with the top edge tucked into the leg wraps, or a bottom edge of the leg wraps that is tucked into rest of the wraps at the ankle.
- The bottom hem of the pants has top-stitching.

Additional Images:
URL: http://photos.imageevent.com/kay_dee/swwsmi/padmeamidala/_MG_3406.jpg
Source: Kay-Dee

URL: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/padme_tpm_tatooinepeasant05.jpg

URL: https://i.imgur.com/sNe1uBA.jpg?1


5. Shoes

Image URL: http://photos.imageevent.com/kay_dee/swwsmi/padmeamidala/_MG_3406.jpg
Source: Kay-Dee


Required Details:
- Dark brown matte leather or leather-like flat-soled shoes.

Optional Details:
- The soles are darker than the rest of the shoes, preferably black.

Additional Images:
URL: http://photos.imageevent.com/kay_dee/swwsmi/padmeamidala/_MG_3405.jpg
Source: Kay-Dee

URL: https://scontent.fphl1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/29570681_931712150333246_3289688725969339666_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_oc=AQkwyhxdwvGd1zbvnkV_S6rjzrUUETugxYqck89pU-dBf6xUBel-k55Z8QDsXg8Ftl8&_nc_ht=scontent.fphl1-1.fna&oh=33ecd794643960e445e5af7317332ead&oe=5DF8F6AD
Source: Song of Amazon

6. Hair

Image URL: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/padme_tpm_tatooinepeasant10.jpeg

Required Details:
- Hair is pulled away from the face and secured half-up at the crown of the head.
- A large braided bun is wrapped at the crown of the head with a wide base that is narrower at the top.
- Two narrow braids go over the top of the head like a head band and tuck underneath the bottom sides of the bun.
- A large section of hair hangs loose below the bun.
- One narrow braid loops down from the bun to near the bottom of the neck.
- Two larger braids loop down over that, reaching upper to mid-arm’s height. These braids start from the outside of the bun and meet at the center bottom of the bun.
- Naturally occurring hair only (brown hair color is preferred); no bangs.

Optional Details:
- If a wig or extensions are used, they must be of high quality and appear like natural hair.

Additional Images:
URL: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/padme_tpm_tatooinepeasant08.jpg

URL: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/padme_tpm_tatooinepeasant02.jpg

URL: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/padme_tpm_tatooinepeasant06.jpg

URL: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/peasant-12.jpg

URL: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/peasant-6.jpg

Costume Resources:

• Reference Photo Gallery – http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/padme-amidala-the-phantom-menace-tatooine-peasant-disguise/
• Member Build Threads - http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1028471#1028471
[/quote]
_________________


In planning and progress:
Riyo Chuchi, Queen Apailana, Nomi Sunrider, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo

Galactic Senate DCO | RLGS FaceBook | RLGS Web Site
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> RLGS Standards Development -> RLGS Standard Revisions In Progress All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum
The Rebel Legion is a worldwide Star Wars costuming organization comprised of and operated by Star Wars fans. While not sponsored by Lucasfilm Ltd., it is Lucasfilm's preferred volunteer Rebel costuming group. Star Wars, its characters, costumes, and all associated items are the intellectual property of Lucasfilm. © 2019 Lucasfilm Ltd. & ™ All rights reserved. Used under authorization.


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group