Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=efd757ec307b0466ab87c6b00e279fd4Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Events to Bring the RLSC Community Together

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blue Banshee Leader (Alex Buirch)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject: Events to Bring the RLSC Community Together Reply with quote

This is something that I've been thinking about for a while and perhaps it's a good time to start a discussion about this. What I'm referring to is the possibility of creating some forum-based events that Rebel Legion Starfighter Command members could participate in, have some fun, interact with each other, and maybe win some sort of prizes. It should all be lighthearted and friendly, just something fun to bring the community together.

But what kind of events would these be? I'm not entirely sure and that's why I'm posting this thread. I would like opinions from you all on what kind of events you would like to see, maybe how one would participate in these events, and maybe what kind of prize these events would give out. The prizes should be feasible and available, of course, and must fall within the rules of the Rebel Legion. Things like forum titles, patches, key chains, and other similar things.

What ideas do you all have? What would you like to see?

Here are a few ideas that I've had...

1) A picture contest where RLSC members would be able to submit a picture of themselves and/or them in a group while in their approved pilot costume, and the picture that best represents being a RLSC member would win a prize. The community would be able to place their votes for the image that they think best fits the idea of representing the RLSC and the picture with the most votes wins. Perhaps the prize might be a patch or a sticker or something like that.

2) A variation of the picture contest above where the objective changes with each new contest. One time it might for a picture that best represents the RLSC, another time it might be the best pilot victory pose, another might be the best pilot death pose, or the best off-duty pilot, or whatever. Voting would proceed as described above, and a prize would be given to the winner.

3) This is essentially copying the Knights of the Jedi Order, but perhaps there could be some sort of "ranking" on the forum... You start a thread and update it for each troop, and each troop earns you a point. After a certain amount of points your "rank" increases and you gain access to some new merchandise of some sort.

4) The best custom helmet paint scheme contest. RLSC members submit pictures of their custom pilot helmet, members vote for their favorite and the winner gets some kind of prize.

5) Perhaps another idea for a contest might be the best pilot-themed short story with an original character. Again, some sort of prize would be given out to the winner. If the RL newsletter starts up again, maybe the short story gets published in the newsletter.

What do you all think? What ideas do you all have? I would love to hear them! And please keep this discussion friendly and civil, this is all supposed to be about fun and interacting with each other, about coming together as a community, not about one-upping each other or trying to say who is the better costumer, or anything of the sort. Lets have fun! Smile

B-wing Pilot - Jedi
-RLSC XO - RL Pilot Mentor

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No suggestions? Razz

B-wing Pilot - Jedi

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dr. Morbius (Ingo Kaiser)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like your suggestions...where can I sign up? Mr. Green
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once some ideas are ironed out I'll get in contact with the merchandise officer and see what they suggest for giving out prizes and such and how exactly it would work to get things produced, and how feasible various prizes (whatever they may be) would be. Smile

B-wing Pilot - Jedi

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
BigFatCat (Geoff Hawley)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you make anything with a good level of photo content and make it public facing, it also becomes a marketing tool showcasing what we do and possibly attracting more signups and event invitations.

The RLSC Facebook page has some good stuff and might benefit from being a host for such things. You could have a rotating featured base, or featured pilot category to exhibit that members can submit their content for inclusion.
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good idea. I could certainly see these events, whatever they may be, being posted onto the RLSC Facebook page. The contests may not happen there as it would probably be easier to do them here and keep things organized, but they could certainly be advertised on the Facebook page. The Facebook page could, perhaps, even have some sort of event of its own.

The more people see us the better, eh? Smile

B-wing Pilot - Jedi

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
Blackthorpe ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, just found this discussion! ;-)

When I saw that the KJO had their ranking system, I thought it would be cool if the RLSC had something similar. Maybe start with a patch or something for whichever ship you have a costume for, then rank up with troops in that costume. Or V patches, like on helmets, for a certain number of troops in pilot gear.

Photo contests would definitely be cool. And if they are done on the Facebook page, than non-members could vote, too, which may help bring some interest to the group.

The short story idea also sounds fun. I keep saying I want to write something, and maybe that would get me off my butt to do it!
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The V circle patches are an interesting idea, I hadn't thought of that. There could be different colors for different "ranks"/troop amounts, and it would tie in nicely with the Star Wars universe. Good idea! I'll definitely have to look into that!

B-wing Pilot - Jedi

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
JEDICHRIST (DELONG.CHRISTOPHE)
Legion Costume Judge
Legion Costume Judge

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Troopers Helping Troopers (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello
in the Griffons I put in place the "reporting of mission"
RLSC members need to take a picture of each trip they go, as you can see here: http://www.rebellegionfrance.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2048-debriefing-des-retours-de-missions/&page=3&tab=comments#comment-65768

then I had, for idea to award points as a reward, as the stickers stuck on the aircraft for victories flying during the Second World War. and at the end of the year to reward the AS with a gift.
For a number of reasons I could not validate this idea again.
First Temple Master 2012 2013 of "Six Towers Jedi Temple"
member of Rebel Legion Knights of the Jedi Order detachment
member of Rebel Legion Starfighter Command Detachment
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JEDICHRIST wrote:
Hello
in the Griffons I put in place the "reporting of mission"
RLSC members need to take a picture of each trip they go, as you can see here: http://www.rebellegionfrance.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2048-debriefing-des-retours-de-missions/&page=3&tab=comments#comment-65768

then I had, for idea to award points as a reward, as the stickers stuck on the aircraft for victories flying during the Second World War. and at the end of the year to reward the AS with a gift.
For a number of reasons I could not validate this idea again.
That sounds like a fun idea as well. Another to add to the list! Smile

B-wing Pilot - Jedi

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So here's a brief list of event ideas so far. What do you all think?

1) Monthly/bi-montly pilot costume trooping picture submission. Prize: some kind of relevant patch or sticker.

2) Monthly/bi-monthly themed pilot picture submission (victory pose, death pose, off-duty, etc.). Perhaps alternating times with the event above. Prize: some kind of relevant patch or sticker.

3) Short story contest. Prize: perhaps having the short story published in a newsletter and/or on the Facebook page.

4) Ongoing "rank increase" via number of troops. Prize: "kill mark" patches of varying colors to denote "rank". Challenge coins? Maybe some other sorts of goodies as well?

5) Best custom helmet content. Prize: helmet featured on the RLSC Facebook page. (I'm investigating the possibility of also making custom helmet keychains as prizes.)

6) Facebook scavenger hunt. Prize: to be determined.

7) Featured base squadron/pilot costumer/pilot costume type on Facebook.

If everyone likes the sound of these I can discuss them with the merchandise officer and command staff to see the feasibility of them and the prizes! Smile

B-wing Pilot - Jedi

-My Homepage-
-Cosplay.com Profile-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Pilots All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: