Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=42c09ed5d4e23aab1c45c8759071af5aMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Wedding Dress compliant to standards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Varykino ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:54 pm    Post subject: Wedding Dress compliant to standards Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

I'm working on a Padme Wedding Dress, but I had a hard time finding some of the materials and wanted to check if it was Rebel Legion compliant.

I studied the costume standards and followed the guidelines, I used a gorgeous regal lace with swirls, but it does not have the small ivory pearl tips. The veil has beaded flowers, but I could not find small ivory pearls for the diadem (and used flowers instead). Other than the pearls I followed it as close as I could with the materials available.

Is it enough to be compliant, or does it need more details?

All critiques are welcomed, thank you! =)

SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a judge, so don't take my words as final, but looking at the standards, it seems like you are on the right track.

I was just comparing your costume to our reference photos here, and my first impression is that your overall shape is very good. Your train seems a bit short, but it might be okay. A judge opinion on that would be helpful.

At a distance, your dress looks much more white than cream, but I am not sure if that is going to be an issue. Your pattern of lace on the main dress looks pretty good from the distance too.

However, the center section in the front looks like it needs more.

It looks like the lace decoration goes all the way up to and beyond the edge of where the top layer of lace overlaps with it. You may need to add some more lace swirls to fill that space.

I think there are supposed to be some pearl beads on the main dress too, like that picture shows.

As to pearl beads, have you tried looking on etsy.com? I just got a ton of pearl beads (and pieces of lace) from different people on etsy for my Queen Apailana project. Usually, the vendors there ship all over the world.

In planning and progress:
Riyo Chuchi, Queen Apailana, Nomi Sunrider, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo

Galactic Senate DCO | RLGS FaceBook | RLGS Web Site
Lora Skywalker ()
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall, it looks good. Smile

But I think the lace needs to be cream, so that might be an issue. The costume designer added the pearls by hand, and I'm pretty sure anyone else making this will have to do the same.

I'm also concerned the train will be too short and lack the body it has in the movie, but it's a hard call.

Best of luck with it. You have done some nice work on this.

Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: