Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d277ceffb0b037bddd9e4ea03b400f0cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Answers for Temple Master Candidate Kotorvich (Jacob Degan)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Kessel Base -> Kessel Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oraculo (Agustín)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:54 pm    Post subject: Answers for Temple Master Candidate Kotorvich (Jacob Degan) Reply with quote

This is the Answer Thread for Kotorvich (Jacob Degan) . Only Kotorvich (Jacob Degan) is allowed to post in this thread. Posts made in this thread by anyone else will be removed by the COG or KJO Command Staff. If the candidate wishes to respond to another candidates answers, please copy that answer and post it as a quote in your own answer thread. Good Luck!
•BCO Cruz del Sur Base 2016 - 18
•BPRO Cruz del Sur Base 2016 - 17
•Award: Rebel of the Year 2015
•TCO Templo Pucará 2015-16
•Detachment XO - KJO 2014-15
•RO Cruz del Sur Base 2013 -14

Starforge (Jacob Degan)
Active Legion Member

Celebration Europe 3 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pixeldust (Lucy Paulina Sears) asked: "Explain why you think you would be a strong and dedicated leader for the Star Temple."

I was appointed the Assistant Temple Master for the 2016-2017 term, so I have some experience in this area already. Also, because of where I live, I've been able to troop in more than one region - while I mostly troop in the DFW area, I have also attended troops in Houston and Austin, and have gotten to know or at least meet many of the Star Temple Jedi. It is my goal (especially if elected) to attend at least one troop in San Antonio next year and hopefully one in Lubbock, as well. I have represented Kessel Base and the KJO at the past three Celebrations, including London (and also attended Celebrations V and VI in my Jedi costume before I was a Legion member). Although I have only been an official member of the Rebel Legion since 2015, I actually began trooping unofficially in my KotOR-style Jedi robes in 2010.

So in short, I think I would be a strong and dedicated leader for Star Temple because of prior experience and because I've been around long enough and have traveled widely enough to get to know many of you. I would love to serve the Rebel Legion in office again and hope you all will grant me that opportunity.
Starforge (Jacob Degan)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luethar (Paul Trupia) asked: "With other groups emerging in several areas throughout Kessel Base that have overlapping costumes (eg., The Dark Empire, Saber Guild), how will you approach working with these groups so that they can be welcomed into the costuming community and integrate together at events?"

This is a good question that honestly I hadn't considered, so thank you Paul for bringing it to my attention. Naturally, I would welcome any opportunity to coordinate with the Saber Guild, and in fact I would encourage any member of Star Temple to attend training sessions with the Saber Guild if they have the opportunity. I'm sure the Saber Guild could teach our members a lot! I would also encourage the regional captains and troop coordinators to keep the Saber Guild in mind, and that if they know they have Saber Guild members in their area, to mention them when responding to appearance requests for events where there would be enough room for the Saber Guild folks to perform, and find out if the event organizer would like them to attend also.

I'll actually be sharing a hotel room at Celebration Chicago with an active member of the Saber Guild from Utah, so I will be sure to pick his brain about ways to better coordinate with them and other costuming groups!
Starforge (Jacob Degan)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pixeldust (Lucy Paulina Sears) asked: "A good strong team should be diverse, approachable, and dependable. Who do you plan to take as your XO if elected."

Those were indeed some of the qualities I was thinking about when I considered who to ask to be my Assistant Temple Master! I have a couple people in mind for the position that meet those qualifications, but who it will be is pending other election results.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Kessel Base -> Kessel Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: