Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=38d0febed6cd7019049a6d6db4108688Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

General Airen Cracken

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders -> RL GSC Standards Development -> RL GSC New Standard Proposals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RebelLady (Kristina Gundersen)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 5:41 pm    Post subject: General Airen Cracken Reply with quote

Iron Edge wrote:
Here is my Standard submission that went with my application, id be happy to gather a few ref photos so we can get it published.

General Airen Cracken proposed
standard:

1. Light tan jumpsuit with 4 leg pockets in front and a tabbed closure collar and tabbed closure on sleeves.

2. Olive drab military style canvas/strapping belt

3. At least 2 olive drab pouches

4. Endor capped sleeved vest with quilted portion on upper right and slash
pockets.

5. 2 Rank badges, one on left chest of vest, other on right shoulder of vest

6. Short gloves (tan, brown, or deerskin)

7. Tan gaiters with a seam down the front, siver strapping at top, and small black rectangle greebles to the inner part of gaiters.

8. Black round toe boots or shoes

9. White Racal Minilite Headset with white cord.
or
Endor headgear accurate to what Cracken is seen wearing in ROTJ (no unit decals or large dents)

OPTIONAL ITEMS

1. Weathering on capped sleeved vest/gaiters/gloves.

Ian proposed this standard a few years ago before the new format was created. I'm moving it here so that we can revisit it and update the wording to match the new format.
Yavin Command Post, Duty Officer
Sunrider Base Charity Officer 2016-18
Costume Leadership Member of The Year 2020
G'nott sH'urr (David Campbell)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am currently working on getting the trooper version of this approved, and I will have everything for the Command/ Cracken version as well, (for the coverall promo shot version).
Inside the hallway the Minlite can be seen around his neck. I have also identified the pants having back pockets, only seen on his unique tan pants/jacket with collar , unlike Trevor Butterfields coveralls.

promo coverall version

this is being revised following being judged.

Squadron Commander, DragonSnake Squadron

Regimental Sergeant Major, RMMC, 6th Expeditionary Force, Tannerman Rifles Regiment.

Commander, Deep South Mothership, Visitor Fleet.
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kristina Im to a point where Im ready to pick this back up, Im going to build both versions (Officer and trooper), so Im ready to work with the Det on the Commander version. I have a ton of screen caps and such that I have collected of the character, which has revealed a lot about how the costume was built.

Regimental Sergeant Major, RMMC, 6th Expeditionary Force, Tannerman Rifles Regiment.

Last edited by G'nott sH'urr (David Campbell) on Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G'nott sH'urr wrote:
Kristina Im to a point where Im ready to pick this back up, Im going to build both versions (Officer and trooper), so Im ready to work with the Det on the Commander version. I have a ton of screen caps and such that I have collected of the character, which has revealed a lot about how the costume was built.

Fabulous! The first step is to make a costume breakdown/resource thread. Here are a couple of examples of how we did that for the TROS costumes:

Finn:
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=110543

Poe:
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=110305

Then we can take that research and use the guide to the new standards format to start working on wording and matching references to standards sections.

A Resource thread for General Cracken would go in the Original Trilogy forum. Smile I would be forever grateful if you would be willing to start that thread?

This is the standards writing guide for the new format- just in case you haven't seen it already.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VDz1TiYslFf-eVBabCr5FOToS02ZHViF9Ra1ytiWBXg/edit?usp=sharing

I'm excited to see your research! General Cracken is a great costume!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can go ahead and start that process, but I have one concern about writing it. Colonel Crakcen clearly wears a pants and shirt/ jacket combination in the deleted scenes, while the others are wearing a coverall. In other scenes (also cut from the finished movie), he is clearly wearing a coverall, which is identical to the coveralls worn by the others. I have covered some of this in the post above.

With Colonel Cracken wearing both, and only seen behind Lando in the Falcon cockpit, would the coverall version be the focus, or can new Standards be written with versions? The 501st now has versions of the same costume, and i've recently written CRLs there with 4 tabs showing four completely different versions of the same costume.

Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G'nott sH'urr wrote:
I can go ahead and start that process, but I have one concern about writing it. Colonel Crakcen clearly wears a pants and shirt/ jacket combination in the deleted scenes, while the others are wearing a coverall. In other scenes (also cut from the finished movie), he is clearly wearing a coverall, which is identical to the coveralls worn by the others. I have covered some of this in the post above.

With Colonel Cracken wearing both, and only seen behind Lando in the Falcon cockpit, would the coverall version be the focus, or can new Standards be written with versions? The 501st now has versions of the same costume, and i've recently written CRLs there with 4 tabs showing four completely different versions of the same costume.

What we've been finding very useful for standard development is to create a costume resource/research/breakdown thread first- like the ones linked for Finn and Poe. It gives people a chance to share their research, references etc. break apart/analyze the costume details together before trying to write the standard. It also lets us collect the references that would be needed for each section of the new standard format. That type of thread would be an excellent place to figure out the variations of Cracken's costume, what exactly we can reference, and how best to create the standards. We decided we would like to have those discussions in the subform where those costumes would fit because it makes it easier for folks to find them- we've noticed people frequently forget to look here when they are building their costumes.

Once it it has been discussed, the consensus that is reached there can be used to write the standards draft which would be posted here, and then any alterations in language or refs to that draft would be discussed here. Does that help?
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes it does. His total screen time is ten or eleven seconds, mostly running, in extremely low resolution. Maybe someone has a DVD or Blueray set with behind the scenes that show this as well.
There are two other characters with similar uniforms and only minor variations of them, mostly coming down to helmets and pouches.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Commanders -> RL GSC Standards Development -> RL GSC New Standard Proposals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: