Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=2e6ab406051510dcba02c6f6ca6e7714Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Membership and Events Statistics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> General Discussion -> Rebel Rumblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GotWookiee (Matt Pfingsten)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:07 am    Post subject: Membership and Events Statistics Reply with quote

For years I have known that I can determine the current membership count by adding up the total members of the "Rebel Legion Members" (Active Members) and "Rebel Legion Reserve" (Inactive Members) phpBB2 user groups.

You can also add up the costume counts of the various categories on the Membership Roster (though I guess it is more of a costume roster).

Currently there are 5,843 active members and 2,182 inactive members, for a total membership count of 8,025 Legion members as of August 18, 2021. Total costume count is 15,250.

I came across an old post of mine, Smuggler standards for OCs. In it, I mention that we had "nearly 4,400 members with over 10,000 costumes." I posted this on June 11, 2018.

That means that roughly 3,600 new people have joined the Legion in just over 3 years (1,164 days to be exact). That means at least 3 people join everyday, on average.
Over 5,000 new costumes, from new and existing members, have been added during the same period, which means at least 4 new costumes are approved per day.

I must say I fear for our Legion Costume Judges. These numbers are a bit terrifying from that perspective. Shocked

This kind of growth, even inferred from rough statistics, is astounding and awesome! After watching hundreds of costuming and cosplay groups tear themselves apart over and over for 20+ years, it's nice to see the Legion being so successful and have its approach and values proven in a quantitative sense.

Are there any statistics available beyond this kind of detective work? Something more accurate?

What about events? I know there is a mod installed that allows for an events calendar with registration (and people use it) Is this data available anywhere?

Thanks
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Assistant Legion Membership Officer

Gold Star (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As best as I can tell, our current forums don't give us much more specific data than that.

That said, if the project goes forward next term, I could use some help data mining the costume profiles to help have that kind of data when we eventually upgrade our servers and forums. Mr. Green

In planning and progress:
Summer Dreams Padmé, Riyo Chuchi, Havoc Trooper, Amilyn Holdo, Lilac Handmaiden, Saché, TOR Jedi

ALMO | Guam Regional Captain | RLGS Web Team | She/Her
Amalphiea (Kellie)

Medals: 6 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LCJs are quite overwhelmed. They are currently trying to fix the event registration system. And no one has really been trooping in the last year or so.
The Wretched Hive CO, RETIRED!!!
Legion Costume Judge
Legion PR Team

Lora Skywalker ()
Base Membership Officer

Rebelthon2021 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've trooped a bit here as things have been better, but mostly I've personally stuck to virtual troops.

But those statistics are interesting. And yes, I cannot imagine the job of the LCJs have gotten any easier in the last few years.

Nordic Base BMO | DL of Aurora Delegation | CRC | She/Her They/Them

RLGS Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/

Sair (Sarah Steele)
Legion Council
Legion Council

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebelthon2021 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, unfortunately our forum nor website can provide that sort of information at the moment, but we are looking into it for the planned upgrades to both platforms.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> General Discussion -> Rebel Rumblings All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: