Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=29c19c24216a22edc63d0e1a3ce31d2eMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Arda Leia Senatorial Buns Tutorial

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Royalty & Senatorial Tutorials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hiraethsolo (Robin Alexander)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)

Instagram: hiraethsolo.cos
Costume Page: https://www.instagram.com/hiraethsolo.cos
Rebelthon2021 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:32 pm    Post subject: Arda Leia Senatorial Buns Tutorial Reply with quote

Hereís how I did my Leia buns on my wig!

This tutorial will have one of the buns done already, but itís the same process on both sides! The only thing I can stress, and I canít stress it enough is about alignment and balance, making the buns the same size and in the same palace on both sides of the head!

I started with a Leia from Arda Wigs in Dark Brown - this link is to the US site, but the brand also has a EU and Canadian branch if youíre internationally located!

https://arda-wigs.com/products/leia-classic?variant=27836977606

The wig comes as two large braids, so I undid them and then brushed them out. It really looks like so much hair when itís all down and unstyled!

After I brushed it out, I separated it back into two ponytails. This wig is nice because it has a center part, so itís already locked in place. The bottom of the wig actually zigzags the hairs in the part so itís a pretty even coverage all the way up after the zigzag stops.

So after that, when I had the tails set, I started on the actual buns.

The easiest way to wrap them is by looking at the structure of the tails themselves. To help them get that cinnamon roll look, I twist them! I start by turning them clockwise, and Iím working on the left bun.

From here I take some of the twisted part up, and wrap it clockwise around the notch where the ponytail holder is.

From here I continue wrapping, and wrapping.

Every few inches along the wrapping, I stick in U Pins. These are basically bobby pins that donít close, theyíre open and usually used with lace front wigs to help secure placement and fit.

I got a bunch off of amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/Shaped-IKOCO-80pcs-Women-Storage/dp/B07X5SBTTD/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=hair+u+pins&qid=1633289458&s=beauty&sr=1-3

From here, after the last few U pins are in, itís styled.

All thatís left to do is set it, which I do with those hair net caps food service people sometimes wear. I just start by setting it on the bun itself, shown here.
Caps found on amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Smilco-Elasticity-Invisible-Elastic-Kitchen/dp/B07TN4RBWC/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=hair+net&qid=1633289512&s=beauty&sr=1-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFGRkFKV0JZUTNHNk4mZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA5OTA3MTcyNTFCTTBZVEpCNlA5JmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAxODQ1NjYzMDkzWUpDNExKVjMyJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Then, I twist the cap into a cross or an X.

I wrap the X part up over the bun again, and then pull the two tails created by the X down.

I take these tails up again towards the top of the bun.

And then I tuck them into the sides so itís neat looking. Afterwards I set the entire thing with a little bit of hairspray just to further secure it.

And thatís how I do my Leia buns! Hopefully this helps someone else!

Lora Skywalker ()
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing that. Smile

Nordic Base BMO | DL of Aurora Delegation | CRC | She/Her They/Them

RLGS Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Royalty & Senatorial Tutorials All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: