Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=e5a22a6c22ffe7bdee73256d177aa3c2Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Jarael's Q'Anilia Disguise

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> Other Aliens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Assistant Legion Membership Officer

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:52 am    Post subject: Jarael's Q'Anilia Disguise Reply with quote

In a strange fit of pandemic inspiration, I decided that it would be fun to make another KotOR comic costume.

I've had my Q'Anilia costume for years now, but I thought it would be fun to reuse some bits of it to be Jarael, disguised as Q'Anilia.

At the start of Volume 2, Jarael borrows Zayne's lightsaber and disguises herself as Q'Anilia in order to send a decoy holo message. Then, as she is marveling at how fun lightsabers are to play with, some Mandalorians mistake her as a real Jedi and take her captive to study her 'connection to the Force.'

Looking at the costumes side-by-side is kind of fun for the similarities and differences. The under skirt, hooded jacket, obi, and belt appear to be the same, but everything else is just barely not the same. The colors on the shirt are reversed, and the over-skirts are completely different shapes. This one also clearly does not have any kind of petticoats like Q'Anilia does to give her skirt volume.

It looks like Jarael is wearing all this over her usual outfit, which includes tan forearm wraps and tall black boots.

So far, I took a weekend and made the new shirt and found a wig I like.

I'm still deeply intimidated by alien body pain, so it might be a while until I finish this, but it's a fun, easy side project to work on otherwise.

In planning and progress:
Summer Dreams Padmé, Vernestra Rwoh, Riyo Chuchi, Havoc Trooper, Saché, TOR Jedi, Jarael

ALMO | Guam Regional Captain | RLGS Web Team | She/Her | 2020 Commander of the Year
Twi'lek Pam (Pam Simpson)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Body paint is definitely intimidating at first... but once you make the leap and give it a try, you're going to love how much it really makes your costume pop! My best advice is to use a good quality paint because the cheap stuff causes nothing but headaches and frustration, and set aside some time to just experiment and have fun with seeing what you can do with the paint. Try it on, wash it off, try again using the skills that you just picked up, add some makeup over the top to see what a huge difference that will make, and then take some silly happy pictures when you're done!

Pam :-)
SongofAmazon (Jenna)

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the encouragement. I got some Mehron makeup at the recommendation of some folks in Ladies of the Legion. It sounds like I just need to spend some time playing with it and testing how it looks on me with other makeup.

In planning and progress:
Summer Dreams Padmé, Vernestra Rwoh, Riyo Chuchi, Havoc Trooper, Saché, TOR Jedi, Jarael

ALMO | Guam Regional Captain | RLGS Web Team | She/Her | 2020 Commander of the Year
Fennec (Lucy Paulina Sears)
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 5 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo hoo! More aliens! lol.... Pam is definitely the one I would trust for makeup suggestions, LOL. This looks awesome Jenna!
Wretched Hive DXO 2019-2020
Kessel Base BXO 2017-2020
Kessel Base Houston Captain 2015-2018
Killik Hive Clan Leader 2014-2015
Alderaan Base EC 2013-2015

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Rebel Supporters -> Other Aliens All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: