Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=1ac76de3f114125f8b2a6a32d564034cMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Padme's Crait Build

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SassenachSkywalker ()

Medals: None

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sassenachskywalker.cos/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:00 am    Post subject: Padme's Crait Build Reply with quote

Hello hello! This is fine, I can have 50 wip threads.
I've been working on and off on Crait Leia for a while now, and I feel it's about time to start the nice tasty thread for it! Still trying to convince my fiance HiraethSolo to be my Crait Luke though lol..

I want to start off with the pieces I have for her.

My first issue was jewelry. What I could find for Crait was very, very out of my price range unfortunately - although I know the pieces are excellent, paying $100+ for multiple pieces is not possible for me.
So looking around on google at the bracelet, I can't remember who's thread lead me to find it but it was in another Leia's build thread, of which lead me to Craftsy_Penguin on Instagram, who posted a photo of the bracelet she originally made. I asked if she would be willing to make another, and she was!

Zuzka did an excellent job with my bracelet, and I highly recommend her work for any Leia's looking for a Crait bracelet. It fits me beautifully and I feel like royalty wearing it.

I also have a beacon bracelet, gifted to me by my fiance - he got it for his Rey costumes, but as he is retiring Rey, it is now to be used for my Leia. I can't find a photo of it, but it's from 3dMasterPro on Etsy.

Besides the bracelets, I may have found my boots. These were a lucky find at my Local Big Blue Box Store! Uould these be approvable if I remove the straps and buckles? There is a seam at the front underneath the straps, but I hope that won't be an issue. The heel is 1 1/2 inch max.

For the cloak, I purchased New Look 6535 https://www.simplicity.com/simplicity-storefront-catalog/patterns/women/jackets--coats/new-look-pattern-6535-misses-capes-in-four-lengths/
I plan to use view D and modify the collar to look more like Vogue 8933. I'm trying to look for a matte or brushed satin for the outer, but I'm not sure what to use for the lining. Hoping to find some strong magnets for the collar as well.

As well, I am working on the dress fabric. Thanks to the great eyes and communications, I learned this fabric is a base with mesh overlay, tacked down with brown top thread and cream bottom thread. Trying to find the mesh overlay has been tricky - most that I find either don't have the right look, and/or the mesh holes or thread aren't small enough. I found this at my local Joann's though - cargo mesh. Uould this work, or should I keep looking? I got some dark brown broadcloth in place of cotton fabric. I know the CRL says diamond mesh, but I hope this can work. I can test with tacking down if needed.

I also plan to use Burda 7977 for the dress, I plan to merge the godets to the main dress and pray it fits good - I need a good kirtle anyway!
https://www.simplicity.com/simplicity-storefront-catalog/patterns/brands/burda-style/burda-style-pattern-7977-history-dress/

And now, the rest that I still need..

I'm hoping to get a lacefront wig to have my fiance style for me - with a bit of ventilation adjustments and such from me, since I am a perfectionist.

For the rest of the jewelry, I am a bit confuddled. I do want to try my hand at the brass coiled earrings at least, and I plan to get the twin moon ring from somewhere online.. the blue tentacle ring is hard to figure out! I want to try to make it myself somehow. I'll figure it out eventually.

The only thing I want to ask about is the walking stick. Do we have any clear photos of the T-shaped grip or rounded blue knob stated in the CRL? I am already a mobility aid user, so if there's a way I could make this for troops, it would be amazing!

I think that's all for now, though! I still need to finish Senatorial, but I can't wait to work more on this Smile
Fisher, Carrie (carrieffisher). "I just got up so it will take a few minutes for my personality to arrive." 20 September 2009, 08:01 A.M. Tweet.
Lora Skywalker ()
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebelthon2021 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with it. Smile

Nordic Base BMO | DL of Aurora Delegation | CRC | She/Her They/Them

RLGS Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Leia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: