Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d798d64be290ff64a149b7d78069bc34Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Commando Handmaidens - Vader Comic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Handmaidens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SongofAmazon (Jenna)
Assistant Legion Membership Officer

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 2)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:44 am    Post subject: Commando Handmaidens - Vader Comic Reply with quote

I've been chatting with some folks about potentially getting a group of Amidalan commando handmaidens (from the Vader comic) together for Celebration Anaheim next year, so I figured I would start a research/build thread.

From left to right: Eirtae, Rabe, Sabe, Sache, Dorme

If folks would like to join us and don't want to be handmaidens, both Tonra and Typho play a big enough role in the comic to have enough images. There are several other background Amidalan humans and Gungans, but I'm not sure any have enough images to be an approved RL costume. Let me know if you want me to scan any of that too.

At this point I'd welcome multiples of any of the characters, as that seems within the spirit of the handmaidens in general.

Galleries for the handmaidens are here:
Dorme
Sache
Eirtae
Rabe
Sabe (main version)
Sabe (flashback holo version)

Natalie did quite a bit of research on Sabe's main outfit here, and there is a costume standard in the works for it here.

Sabe still plays the obvious decoy in stark creams and black, while the other four handmaidens are on a range of drab green, tan, gray, and dusty brown.

Some similarities between outfits:

-Eirtae and Rabe have the same tan, flared gloves.
-Sabe and Dorme have the same wide belt and buckle, with holster, but they have different pouch configurations.
-Eirtae, Sache, and Dorme have the same tan boot with the fold-over top.
-Rabe and Sache look like they have the same narrow black belt with silver rectangular clasp, though Sache has a lot more pouches
-Eirtae and Dorme have the same gray-ish taupe pants
-Sache and Rabe's pants are both more dull khaki, though their styles are different
-Dorme and Eirtae both carry short-barreled Naboo blasters
-Eirtae and Rabe both carry double-sided force pikes
-It looks like Sabe's main boots and holo boots are the same. Her pants and belt (give or take a holster and pouches) also look the same, except the pants get a pair of extra cargo pockets.

Those force pikes are going to be a challenge. Shocked

So, who wants to join? Even if you're not able to come to Celebration, I'd welcome side-by-side builds together over the internet.

In planning and progress:
Summer Dreams Padmé, Vernestra Rwoh, Riyo Chuchi, Havoc Trooper, Saché, TOR Jedi, Jarael

ALMO | Guam Regional Captain | RLGS Web Team | She/Her | 2020 Commander of the Year

Last edited by SongofAmazon (Jenna) on Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:22 am; edited 4 times in total
SongofAmazon (Jenna)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've decided I want to work on Sache for myself, and it looks like I'll be able to buy and modify a number of the pieces for her.

First up, I'm looking into potential sling backpacks, which is surprisingly hard to find that basic silhouette in a plain tan or taupe. I'll have to modify the strap of whatever I find.

Here are a couple of options from Amazon. Any thoughts?

1. Westend (right shape and color, a bit small)
2. ZMZIANG (I like the shape, but no idea about the size)
3. TOPEIUS (closer to the right size)
4. Q Qichuang (right size, but the front pocket is a funky shape)
5. SIMU (it's a little small, but about the right shape)
6. Emperia (not sure how I feel about faux leather, but it's a nice shape)
7. Topeius (I don't love the big black buckle on the back)

I could modify some elbow pads like these, or just make my own out of worbla.

Summer Dreams Padmé, Vernestra Rwoh, Riyo Chuchi, Havoc Trooper, Saché, TOR Jedi, Jarael

ALMO | Guam Regional Captain | RLGS Web Team | She/Her | 2020 Commander of the Year

Last edited by SongofAmazon (Jenna) on Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
SongofAmazon (Jenna)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had much luck on the boot front yet. Fold-top boots aren't that common. If the inside of the top is self-lined, something like this could potentially work:

https://www.amazon.com/DREAM-PAIRS-Womens-HI_Flat-Stretchy/dp/B07G5G4L9T

These could potentially work, but they're pretty expensive:

https://www.dsw.com/en/us/product/unisa-maury-over-the-knee-boot/501836?activeColor=247

Nebreyska (Michelle Petty)
Detachment XO
Detachment XO

Medals: 1 (View more...)

Instagram: Instagram.com/Nebreyska
Costume Page: Nebreyska (on all platforms)
Rebelthon2021 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for starting this, Jenna! I’ll start looking into Rabé stuff this week Amadalia
Base PR Officer - Central Base
Rebel Legion New Member of the Year 2020
She/Her/They/Them

naberrie ()
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are super cool looking outfits Jenna! Can’t wait to follow along and see these progress
Member; RAID, UCGR, KJO, RLGS.
they/them/she/her
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Handmaidens All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: