Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=4b4cbaf1be9a0bbb9abb5a7d0ab6eb10Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

(WIP Thread) Padme Battle Arena

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme
View previous topic :: View next topic  
audriannadewitt ()

Medals: None

Instagram: audrianna.dewitt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:06 pm    Post subject: (WIP Thread) Padme Battle Arena Reply with quote

Hi everyone! My name is Audrianna DeWitt. I am new to the Rebel Legion and wanted to introduce myself and this thread to everyone in the forum! I am based in northern Indiana, and am currently working on an Arena Battle cosplay.

I plan on using this WIP thread to track my progress, give photo and price references for each of my items, and hopefully get input from judges and other Padme's about items I am considering purchasing/making. I look forward to meeting everyone, and will be updating regularly. Thanks everyone!

List of Items:
- Wig base: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08TZP45P6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_XN43A3XZJR6AD3WV8VWY?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
- Bun Base Clip: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LY8H4CX?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
- Foam Rollers for Hair Coils: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08Z39WWY6?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
- Unpainted Blaster: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002EV7JA2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_KC04ZQWYC2Z02Q9A8X31

Last edited by audriannadewitt () on Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:56 pm; edited 11 times in total
Jenna Reyfenn (Arianna)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 3 (View more...)

Instagram: @artbyariannae
Gold Star (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Audrianna, best of luck with your Battle Padme costume! Amadalia

Hi, I'm Ari! My works: https://www.behance.net/artbyariannae
UCGR:Rey Scavenger, Allegiance
KJO:Rey (All)
RLGS:Padme Meadow

Junior senator program
LaV317 (LaVonne)
Assistant Legion Membership Officer
Assistant Legion Membership Officer

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forums!!! Amadalia Leia Buns
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Audrianna!

Welcome to the forums Smile the parts you have sourced so far seem great, can't wait to see this build progress! Best of luck xo
Member; RAID, UCGR, KJO, RLGS.
they/them/she/her
audriannadewitt ()

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:43 pm    Post subject: Painting Blaster Reply with quote

For those who have purchased Padme's toy blaster (the white and orange one) and painted it to look metallic, how did you do this? Trying to determine if I need to sand the toy first.
naberrie ()
Detachment CO
Detachment CO

Medals: 1 (View more...)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Painting Blaster Reply with quote

audriannadewitt wrote:
For those who have purchased Padme's toy blaster (the white and orange one) and painted it to look metallic, how did you do this? Trying to determine if I need to sand the toy first.

you will likely need to sand the toy as there are manufacturer markings embedded, so these need to be sanded off anyway, and its probably better to do the other side of the blaster too to keep a uniform texture Smile
Member; RAID, UCGR, KJO, RLGS.
they/them/she/her
audriannadewitt ()

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Painting Blaster Reply with quote

naberrie wrote:
audriannadewitt wrote:

you will likely need to sand the toy as there are manufacturer markings embedded, so these need to be sanded off anyway, and its probably better to do the other side of the blaster too to keep a uniform texture Smile

Thank you! The blaster just came in and I realized I could've just been patient and looked at it myself 😂😂
caroldax (carolina frascaroli)
Charter Review Committee

Rebelthon2021 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, how are you? I have the same blaster, I painted it with silver spray Rust oleum brand
audriannadewitt ()

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caroldax wrote:
Hi, how are you? I have the same blaster, I painted it with silver spray Rust oleum brand

Thanks so much!
audriannadewitt ()

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone purchased their shirt/leggings from PinkingShearsCostume on Etsy?

She says she has made for 3 RL members, and is growing a little tired of all my questions so I figured I should reach out to you guys!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/915018553/padme-arena?campaign_label=convo_notifications&utm_source=transactional&utm_campaign=convo_notifications_010170_10683759063_0_0&utm_medium=email&utm_content=&email_sent=1631455944&euid=g0uAoHfeujqQM1dAkp0bdSX7aDda&eaid=1007306208102&x_eaid=1fc446c567
caroldax (carolina frascaroli)
Charter Review Committee

Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The truth is I cannot comment on the quality of that site, I made my costum, I am from Argentina and it is very expensive to import. you can control the quality of the costum by reading the standard.
Lora Skywalker ()
Base Membership Officer

Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum. Smile

It looks like you're off to a good start with the wig, but I can't really say with the Etsy seller, because while it does look like a nice thick, opaque fabric, it all depends on how it fits your body. So unless you hear from those who have purchased from this seller the best you can do is ask a lot of questions and compare what you see to the movie references.

Nordic Base BMO | DL of Aurora Delegation | CRC | She/Her They/Them

RLGS Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/

audriannadewitt ()

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:38 pm    Post subject: First Attempt at Makeup Reply with quote

Opinions on my first attempt at Padme makeup? (Yes, I know my wig isn't on- this was just for the photo. I also edited my eye color from green to brown as I haven't figured out how to put the contacts in yet.)

I'm just using my personal drugstore makeup, and am a redhead. I do plan on buying more brunette-specific makeup later, but wanted to try my hand with products I'm used to.

Also, I have a beauty spot similar in size to Natalie's, but it's on my right check
under my eye. Leave it or cover it up?

http://imgur.com/gallery/dbGYqdW
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Royalty/Senatorial -> Padme All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: