Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=d094b78d30ba31992423ee4b058725aaMedals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Mandalorian Ahsoka

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Ahsoka
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snips_Ire ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 4:05 pm    Post subject: Mandalorian Ahsoka Reply with quote

I have been working on this costume since just before Christmas.

So far I have completed:

-The belt: dark brown leather with cream/tan thread stitching, strips of navy silk dupion (fastened with brass rivets), silver lightsaber hooks and a silver coloured ring with markings. I also have 3 strings of bone beads (not in the photo).

-The pants: I got custom printed silk twill fabric from contrado.com. I used a harem pants pattern which I modified to include 3 pleats on either side folded inwards.

-The obi: I used the same fabric as the pants for the front and back sections. I used hook and eye fasteners in the back. The sides have black stretch jersey fabric. Attached to the sides are two fabric "armour" parts (not in the photo). They are made with charcoal silk dupion fabric and are quilted with vertical seams 1.5cms apart. They also have black tight topstitching/embroidery in the same pattern as on her Rebels armour pieces.

The top is made with charcoal silk dupion, collar with the same material as the pants, tabards of navy silk dupion and a racerback back part of black stretch jersey. (the picture is halfway through the process.

All the rest are still uncompleted but I have made some progress on the following:

-The headpiece: I used a pepakura file to make a paper pattern which was transferred to upholstery foam. I then covered this in lycra fabric and painted with liquid latex and acrylic paint. I have made the headband using some leather I had at home. I used a dremel to make the indentations/markings and then painted with brown leather paint.

-The armour: I have all the armour parts 3D printed and has started the arduous task of sanding the pieces. They will later be backed with black leather and attached with leather straps.

I will post more photos later of the complete pieces. I'm also working on the sleeves which are almost finished.
Snips_Ire ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found two more in progress photos.

First is of the 'armour' parts, they're unfinished here but you can see the quilting and pattern. It has since had navy silk bias added.

I have started the sleeves. I made 2.5cm wide strips of the pants material which are then weaved across over a black cotton base.

Lora Skywalker ()
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you're making good progress. Smile

Nordic Base BMO | DL of Aurora Delegation | CRC | She/Her They/Them

RLGS Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/

Snips_Ire ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2021 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Smile

I've finished the sleeves. I made the diamond shaped holes and then sewed a black jersey panel on to it to enable it to stretch.

My fabric frays a lot so i used some Fabric Fusion to glue down the edges to make it a bit neater.

I'm going to do a full fit of all the soft parts in the next couple of days. See if there's any adjustments I need to make.
Snips_Ire ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got some more photos, so here's the belt with the beads. I used a selection of bone beads trying to imitate the real one as best i could.

And here is the finished obi with the side pieces attached. I tacked then on to the black jersey fabric making sure i didn't see through the top layer of the fabric.

And i tried on all the soft parts and am quite happy with it so far. Some adjustments needed but not much. If anyone has any suggestions for improvements please let me know.

Lora Skywalker ()
Base Membership Officer

Medals: 2 (View more...)
Rebelthon2021 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much to offer, but it looks like you need to reposition your headpiece further forward as your montrals are currently pointing straight back in a horizontal manner where they should point more up.

Nordic Base BMO | DL of Aurora Delegation | CRC | She/Her They/Them

RLGS Detachment website: http://www.senate.rebellegion.com/

Snips_Ire ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This build is painfully slow, mainly cos I'm busy in work. But I'm working away on the gloves and the armour.

I've finished one glove. I bought a second hand pair in eBay that I'm modifying by making then fingerless and adding black jersey fabric.

Also working on the paint on the armour and have finally started the fun part of weathering. Oddly enough my phone camera just won't show up the right colour (the front camera did but a bit lighter though)

And yes I hope when the headpiece is attached properly that it will sit better, fingers crossed.
Snips_Ire ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have finished the hand plates and gloves. I've almost finished the gauntlets, except the LED's. I have added the black leather backing and straps using contact adhesive.

The footplates are also finished. I tried to copy the weathering as accurately as possible, including the blue/green marks/lines from friction between the plates at the top of each plate.

I have also decided to make a new headpiece because I just can't get it to sit well with the montrals pointing up, they either point straight back or the shape goes wrong elsewhere. So I've bought another pattern and I'm hoping that'll work better.
Snips_Ire ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm almost finished with this build. The new headpiece is close to done, the lightsaber hilts are painted and now I'm just finishing up the small bits.

Here's a pic of the shinguards, foot armor and shoes. I attached the foot pieces to a strip of leather which holds them in place well

Snips_Ire ()
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I'm almost ready for submission. I'd welcome any comments at this stage. Obviously haven't done the makeup but i don't see there being any problems there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Jedi -> Ahsoka All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: