Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=e27c7ac37878d7c9f738837dab5d2e66Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Han Solo Holster

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HanSeoulOh ()

Medals: None

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:08 am    Post subject: Han Solo Holster Reply with quote

So Im going for approval as ESB Bespin Han Solo and I was wondering how strict it has to be when it comes to the holster? I bought ANH holster orginially planing on doing ANH but, the way the card fell, I had a 95% complete ESB Bespin Han. Usually I would do some DIY with the holster and swap the front buckle to the back and vise-versa but the problem being, is that the front buckle cant be swapped to the back cause of the hook on the front buckle to make the holster wrap around my waist.

I have someone who is willing to make new buckles so they can correct but the coat of making one set vs a bunch of sets is more expensive so he is trying to find people who would want them to make back that money

Since that is the only thing Im working on getting changed, can I still send in for approval or do I have to wait till he can hopefully find people?

What are all y'all thoughts on this? han solo
YunSolo92 ()

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can still submit, but from my understanding, it would be denied pretty much immediately if the holster was in the wrong configuration. Each CRL for each Han Solo costume with a gunbelt has this rule:

"6. Accurate leather gunbelt and buckles with capped holster, correct tools and proper droid caller"

Since the most immediate noticeable difference is the belt buckle configuration, I'd hold off until you've got it right. Nothing is worse than working super hard on a costume, only to be denied because of a detail you were already planning on correcting.
Captain Solo (Evert Joosse)
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will indeed not pass if the holster is not correct.

Had the same problem at the time. Complete ESB costume with an ANH rig. I ended up buying two holster rigs from Todd's Costumes. One ANH and one ESB. The good thing was that I could combine them to make an ROTJ belt.
kman ()
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it helps, I was able to swap the buckles on my Todd's belt. It's not perfect, but works.
Legion Council
Legion Council

Medals: 7 (View more...)
Website Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kman wrote:
If it helps, I was able to swap the buckles on my Todd's belt. It's not perfect, but works.

Excellent, any recommendations for HanSeoulOh, KMan?
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebel Legion Supporter (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2020 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ionicdesign wrote:
kman wrote:

Excellent, any recommendations for HanSeoulOh, KMan?

Yeah, took me a minute to track it down. I discussed it (and showed photos) in my big comparison thread of Anovos vs Todd's Costumes belts. It's towards the bottom of the first page.

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=86318
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Costume and Prop Making -> Fringe -> Han Solo and Other Smugglers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: