Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=4d03c8053140e38006f8eb8eb12f0616Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Ghost Base - Mifflin County Marching Band Star Wars Night

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Events -> Mission Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gplatzer (Gina Platzer)
Rebel Legion Reserve

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Bronze Medal (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:49 pm    Post subject: Ghost Base - Mifflin County Marching Band Star Wars Night
Event: Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:00 am

We were invited to come out and support the Mifflin County Marching Band Star Wars night. The marching band has a Star Wars theme pre-game show. You can view the video from that performance here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHGwZfIJnCA

The band boosters provided us with an EZ-Up Tent and walls. They placed us directly behind the stands near the band. They also provided us with parking passes so we could park right next to our changing area and also gave us food vouchers to use at their concession stand.

When we arrived we quickly ran through what we were gonna do with the band during the show. We then got dressed and and went out on the field. They had a great performance and everyone was excited to see us. After the pre-game show, we hung around the stands and got photos with the fans, band, etc. We had a great time! After the event, the band director came to us to thank us, once again, and let us know what we did that night was something that will stay with these kids for life. He explained that some of the kids don't have much and won't ever get a chance to experience a night like that.

Here is an email I received from the band director a few days after the event:
Gina,

Once again, on behalf of my students, staff and the MC Music Boosters, thank you and the members of Garrison Carida and Ghost Base for taking the time to join us at the game this past Friday. My students had such a GREAT time. I am sure they will remember it for a long time, if not forever.

Again, please extend my thanks to everyone who made the trip to Lewistown.

Have a great day!
Arthur F. Belfiore

Photos:
https://www.facebook.com/cook1864/media_set?set=a.10208310961185093.1073741913.1035937618&type=3&pnref=story

Attendees:
Ghost Base -

Bekah Platzer - Princess Leia
Ryan Chesakis - Endor Commander
Gina Platzer - Jawa

SunRider Base -
Ryan Miorelli - Luke

Garrison Carida -
Jim Platzer - TD
Aden Sorge - TK
Tyler Hull - TK
Jake Lane - TB

Galactic Academy -
Bryce Platzer - Jawa

Handlers:
Andrew Zavalanski - Carida
Jim Platzer (Jim's dad)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Events -> Mission Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: