Forum and Costume Controls

FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  medals.php?sid=1867a21515d93331e8f29877dd519646Medals   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in

REMINDER: Do not change your e-mail address yourself. Please read this first for why.

Reston Holiday Parade, 11/25, Reston, VA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Registration
 (1)

(1)

(3)

User Registered Confirmed
midichlorianloriThu Nov 03, 2016 12:40 am
Npask82Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:12 am
Ami-Lyn KelTue Nov 15, 2016 6:17 pm
twilekjediWed Nov 16, 2016 1:02 am
Bouri-PlwelThu Nov 24, 2016 7:52 pm
midichlorianlori (Lori Frye)
Active Legion Member

Medals: 1 (View more...)
Rebelthon2020 (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:40 am    Post subject: Reston Holiday Parade, 11/25, Reston, VA
Event: Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:00 am

Cross-Post from Garrison Tyranus:

Event: Reston Holiday Parade
Date: Friday, November 25 (the day after Thanksgiving, a/k/a Black Friday)
Time: Arrive at assembly area ready to march by 10 AM, parade starts 11 AM.
Website: https://www.restontowncenter.com/holiday/reston-holiday-parade/
Parade Start: Presidents Street and Market Street intersection- details re: assembly area will be provided.
Changing area: Details to be provided.
Post-Parade Lunch: Glory Days Grill, 1400 North Point Village Center, Reston, VA https://www.glorydaysgrill.com/view-all-locations/search-results/?q=Reston%2C+VA
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final updates for the Reston Holiday Parade tomorrow- come out and march with Admiral Ackbar!

::Final Updates::

We are just a few days away now, so get ready for an exciting parade. I just heard from the organizers that the Reston Holiday Parade has been nominated for the "Ten Best Holiday Parades in the Nation," which gives us a cool opportunity to participate in a much-loved community event that's getting some extra exposure.

If anyone has banners we can use, either on the truck or capable of being carried in front, please plan to bring them and let me know ASAP.

Theme: We're not doing anything extraordinary, but do feel free to show your holiday spirit with your costume. My truck will drive with us, and we'll have our little Jawas in the bed enjoying a "traditional" Christmas dinner. Don't inquire too much deeper into that particular tradition. As I said above, banners on the sides of the truck and in front of our group would be nice, but not a make-or-break proposition.

Start and Assembly:

The parade steps off at 11:00. We should try to be assembled around 10. Our slot is #50, and we'll be somewhere on Freedom Dr. (in front of the parking garages).

Changing:

There is a changing area somewhere. That said, I highly recommend changing at your vehicle, or by the truck if you need help (I can fit a bin or two if needed). If you need or would prefer to use the changing area, please go to the parade registration tent next to Crunch Fitness and they can direct you from there.

That's about it. Show up, march, spread some Star Wars holiday spirit. I can be reliably reached via the phone number below with any questions or coordination issues.

Have a great Thanksgiving!
Active Legion Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone needs a changing space, my office is a short drive or walk to the parade step-off. There is also parking available there if you have any trouble finding space at Reston Town Center. It's about a 15 minute walk to the step-off site. I plan on changing into and out of Ackbar there (I don't want to have to wear the Admiral's fake beer belly to lunch after the parade), so please contact me if you'd like to change there and we can make arrangements to meet. The building will be locked so we'll need my key card to get in.

I'll arrive by 9 AM, so it is okay to come anytime after that. We are due at the staging area by 10:00 AM, so we will need to leave by 9:40 to get there on time if we're walking over. Please arrive early enough to be ready to leave by 9:40.

Address:
Hanover Insurance Group
12100 Sunset Hills Road, Suite 300

It is located at the intersection of Sunset Hills Road and Town Center Parkway.

With the construction around our building, the best way to get to the parking is to use the entrance on Town Center Parkway. Turn onto Town Center Parkway from Sunset Hills Road and take the first left into the parking lot, turn right immediately and then left immediately to enter the garage. Drive all the way to the top level to park- there is a door on that level that goes right onto the 3rd floor where my office is located.

The exterior doors are locked on weekends, so call me on my cell at 703-232-6962 or at my office number 703-880-3823 when you arrive at the door on the top level of the garage. I will come to meet you and let you in.

I'll see you tomorrow!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Rebel Legion Forum Index -> Rebel Bases N. America -> Freedom Base -> Freedom Base Events -> Freedom Base Event Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: